2011 Mustang Order Status!?!? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Just got my sticker today, too. Blend 7499 and build date is also 5/14. It looks our cars (MKPony, Blubyu) all share a birthday. Damn, I can barely contain my excitement!

2011 GT Premium Convertible Automatic = Received 05/28/10.
Completed mods:
-Tinted windows and all lamps (6/2010); Aftermarket speakers, amps, and 12" sub (7/2010); Staggered 20" wheels and tires (7/2010); Magnaflow axle-back (8/2010); SCT/Bama Custom Tune (8/2010); Sport rotors (8/2010); Pushbutton ignition and keyless entry (11/2010); Supercharger (7/2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Cannot Wait! Whats your guys ETA?

Apprentice

My frustrated excitement is starting to turn into Pissed off.

original ETA 4/20
built 4/15
pushed ETA 4/26
no news till 5/2
pushed ETA 5/7
-According to Customer Service my car was put on the rails on 5/1
-According to my dealership my car has no tracking info of any kind

This is especially upsetting to me. Customer service says check with the dealer for tracking info, dealership says all they see is released from plant and not "On Rail".
Is my car on the rails? Why the different information. Why nearly 2 weeks since placed on the rails and still no car (according to Customer service). Almost a solid month since it was built and I have 0 reliable information.

Where the FUUUUUUUUUUbeep is my car?

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Delivered 6/21, first day of summer

Rookie

Ordered 22Jan. GT, Brembo, 6-speed. Released from factory, delivery date May17.
Apprentice

I haven't talked to the dealer or Ford CS for a while about the ETA, but the only one I have been given is 5/17. As long as it is here by 5/22, I'll be happy. I am out of town next week, but have a long road trip planned for Memorial Day weekend & the following week.

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Woo Hoo:kooky: my window sticker is showing as of today!! build date was 5/10 yesterday blend #7629 I dont know what all the numbers mean I'm just happy to have my window sticker.I ordered on 4/17 and was given a delivery date of 5/23.

everything is going smooth,I got my $750 cash coupon last week to go along with the $500 from Ford and I also have my X-plan pin so I'm ready to rock and roll.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOwnedA77 View Post
Hate to be a party pooper, but not necessarily - according to my dealer, the "Build Dates" indicate the week the car will be built, not the exact day - note that build dates are all Mondays? So, if your date is 5/10 it should be built sometime this week.
My build date was 5/6 which was last Thursday. My original build date was 4/22 which was also a Thursday but was moved to the 6th. Now my ETA is the 17th which is a Monday and I am told that indicates the week of....the 17th.

an F-15 in a sky of Cessnas......!!!!!!!!
Rookie

So looking at my sticker I'm assuming the number 120100517 blend 8103 that my build date is 5/17? I'm thinking of an ETA First week of June. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking at the sticker is exciting!!! Almost real!
Rookie

Blend?

I noticed people talking about their blend #...what does it mean? Mine is 1023.
PONY Member

Yep, I'm curious also about this blend number.

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Rookie

how much did you save on your car Zilla8 with the X-plan because i have the Z-plan and jest wondering what ill save
Rookie

Mine is on the way

I placed my order with the dealer on 3/31. I got the VIN about a week later and have the window sticker. The build date was 5/5 and spoke to the Sales Manager at the dealer today and was told it's on the convoy scheduled for delivery the week of 5/16. :laughlitt

I don't know if anyone else has had the same experience but when I visited the dealer this weekend they had five 2011s already in stock. Just find it a bit unfair that anyone can come off the street and drive away in one the same day when a lot of us have been patiently waiting (in some cases) months now. Was told the stock models had priority over the retail/special orders. Hopefully everyone will get theirs before the really nice weather arrives.

2011 V6 Convertible Premium
Grabber Blue
6 Sp Auto
MCA Edition

2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Premium
Grabber Blue
Rapid Spec 400A
4.6L Auto w/ 3.31 rear

Apprentice

My understanding is that the blend number doesn't mean much by itself but is a revolving, continuous number that is the actual build sequence. So in coonjunction with the build date it gives you the sequence.

So j051499, Blubyu & I have build dates of 5/14. My blend is 7227, j051499 is 7499 and I think Blubyu's was higher. You will also notice that westhuron has a build date of 5/17 and blend of 8103. That seems to bear that out and somewhere between Blubyu and westhuron's blend #'s is the break between Friday and Monday. (I am assuming they aren't building Saturday & Sunday.)

Edit: Just checked Blubyu is blend 7287, so it should be mine, Blubyu and j051499 with other lucky buyers in between.

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcs2011 View Post
how much did you save on your car Zilla8 with the X-plan because i have the Z-plan and jest wondering what ill save
I'm saving around $1,600.00 with X-plan $28,076.00 for base GT

not sure if you can look up Z plan on the ford partner website but I'm able to look up X-plan pricing by entering my zip code.

https://www.fordpartner.com/partnerweb/home.do enter code EAA01 and I can see pricing.Not sure how you can view the A,Z,D plans

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla8 View Post
Woo Hoo:kooky: my window sticker is showing as of today!! build date was 5/10 yesterday blend #7629 I dont know what all the numbers mean I'm just happy to have my window sticker.I ordered on 4/17 and was given a delivery date of 5/23.

everything is going smooth,I got my $750 cash coupon last week to go along with the $500 from Ford and I also have my X-plan pin so I'm ready to rock and roll.
What do you have to do to get the $750 cash coupon & that $500 from Ford? One of the guys here ordered a 2011 GT on x-plan & I'm pretty sure he's not getting either of those.

Jonathan McDonald
LatemodelRestoration.com
Your 1979 Mustang to 2012 Mustang Parts Source
Phone (254) 296-6500
We will price match any reputable company's advertised pricing on any product we carry!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page