How do you get a custom color 2011 Mustang? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

How do you get a custom color 2011 Mustang?

I have wanted an orange Mustang ever since the 1970's. Does anyone know how to go about getting one? Can it be ordered from the factory as a custom color? or do you have to take it for a paintover?

Thanks in advance!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeStang View Post
I have wanted an orange Mustang ever since the 1970's. Does anyone know how to go about getting one? Can it be ordered from the factory as a custom color? or do you have to take it for a paintover?

Thanks in advance!!!
Unless you buy a used Grabber Orange Mustang, you would have to take a new one to a custom paint shop as Ford hasn't offered Grabber Orange for a couple of years now....

2013 BOSS 302 #0167
School Bus Yellow
Recaro/Torsen
BOSS car cover & floor mats
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

Not currently available from Ford and you would need to , as mentioned do one of two things.

Have one customer painted
or
local a used Mustang, I beleive from 2007 and 2008 that was factory colored Gabber Orange.

Good Luck

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
I think Ford made a mistake by not sticking with grabber orange. It's a great color and only like 1% of mustangs are in that color. Just my opinion, but they should have grabber green(new!), grabber blue, grabber yellow(rename), and grabber orange. The 'stangs have too many "dark" colors.

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
GT Member

Orange Car

Well they do show it in a Boss 302R race car...pg 10 of 2011 brochure.

Might be just a couple of bucks more than the GT. LOL.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/services...11&postalCode=
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

the color I would like the most would be "bullitt green"

2011 GT Kona Blue - Saddle 400a, 6MT, 3.55, Electronic, Brembo, Glass Roof, HID, Security, Comfort, RearVC, GT500 Mufflers, Procal tuner, Vorshlag brake lines, Boss/CS Fascia, Brake cooling ducts
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFury View Post
I think Ford made a mistake by not sticking with grabber orange. It's a great color and only like 1% of mustangs are in that color. Just my opinion, but they should have grabber green(new!), grabber blue, grabber yellow(rename), and grabber orange. The 'stangs have too many "dark" colors.
That I concur (about Grabber Orange) so beautiful!

I plan to buy one too (Ingut Silver) and still pondering whether to do it with my own customer painted but likely will hold on it till 2 years of use thereafter.

2008 Mustang v6 Deluxe - Silver
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I agree with the earlier comment, I really light the Highland Green on the Bullet

To the fellow that started the thread, later this production year, this a color that looks gold but is actually called Yellow Blaze.. it a metallic though and seems that you prefer the solid colors..

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

If you order 5 at one time you can get them factory painted just about any shade.

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

LRH
Rookie

Ford is currently set up to do VSS/special paint colors on C/Vics, E-Series, Rangers, F150, and F250SD thru F750 only. These can be painted current factory colors, or about a dozen or so popular fleet colors at no charge, and about 20+ other fleet colors at a small charge.
Ford could decide to offer VSS paint if they desired, but they sell the Mustangs fast enough without the hassle, and it is only a fleet car to mostly Hertz and a few other rental companies who just buy random colors.
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to 5venoms
@ ChaosFury - I believe the plan is to re-release the grabber colors, one at a time over the next few years. The grabber colors started in 1970 and ran until the early 70's. There were the following:

Grabber Yellow - My first car was a 1971 Mach1 in this shade
Grabber Orange
Grabber Blue
Grabber Green - My favorite
Grabber Lime - absolutely horrible in my opinion

Grabber Green would be awesome. Saleen was supposed to release some grabber green H302's back in 2008 but it never happened.

I had a Grabber Orange 2008 GT/CS and I loved the color and the car however when another car did some minor fender damage the local Ford dealer had an incredibly hard time blending and matching the paint. They ended up painting half of the car. Those colors are a %^$&%$ to match.

That's my .02 worth.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I am the original poster. Thanks for the info. If the 5 vehicle minimum for a custom color is true, I wonder if a dealer would invest in getting five, knowing there is a demand. Will look into this further and report back!

Last edited by OrangeStang; 05-20-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: typo
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeStang View Post
I am the original poster. Thanks for the info. If the 5 vehicle minimum for a custom color is true, I wonder if a dealer would invest in getting five, knowing there is a demand. Will look into this further and report back!
You obviously did not read the post right after the "5 vehicle minimum" post ...

Ford is currently set up to do VSS/special paint colors on C/Vics, E-Series, Rangers, F150, and F250SD thru F750 only.

... so you are SOL for a custom color "from the factory" Mustang at this time.

Doug

My Stangs ...
1969 Calypso Coral 351W 4V 4-Spd 3.50 T-Lok Deluxe GT Hardtop (owned since '81)
2016 Guard 2.3L Ecoboost 6-Spd MT Base Fastback, 641, 66W, 13D, 47AX O-T-T Stripes (ord 2/11 ~ del 5/23 ~ mine 5/26)
past rides:
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L V6 6-Spd MT Prem Coupe, 203A MCA & HID's (0-129k mi)
2004 Comp Orange, 1998 Chrome Yellow & 1994 Bright Blue V6 5-Spd Coupes (0-126k, 131k & 89k mi)
1979 Fairmont Futura w/ '85 HO 5.0L, built AOD, 3.27 T-Lok + more (a Stang w/real back seat & trunk)
PONY Member

I just placed an order for a 5.0 Premium GT and I asked for a special order color, Screaming Yellow. The dealer said I need to buy a fleet order of 25 Mustangs or more to get the special color.

It may be too hard to do, but perhaps you can find 24 other folks who would want a Grabber Orange Mustang. I am not serious about this! :hihi:

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA

Last edited by Bobby B; 06-14-2010 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Clarification
Apprentice

This is my biggest complaint when it comes to new cars. Lack of color. I know that the paint has to go through years of testing on a variety of different materials, etc. When most car brochures could be printed in black and white and you wouldn't really notice a difference...that's a problem. GIVE ME AN ORANGE OR GREEN! The best I could do with the one I ordered was Race Red.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page