Where is your 2011 Mustang?? - Page 15 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr12 View Post
Production started April 15th.
FWIW, production actually started on March 15th.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
FWIW, production actually started on March 15th.
you're right, my bad

Rookie

JonnyB,

I'm supposed to sign papers on Monday but haven't heard that my car has made it to the dealer yet. Could you give me one more update when you get a chance? My VIN is 1zvbp8am4b5119502.

I really appreciate it GREATLY! It's been 35 years since my last Mustang and I'm getting really anxious. Thanks for all you've been doing for us.

-jr

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
MCA Package - Stripe delete
Sterling Gray Metallic Exterior
Charcoal Black Interior
6 Speed Automatic
ETA: June 1st
ARRIVED: June 2nd

Rookie
S197 Member

All, there is hope! Recieved my car yesterday. Power, response, quickness, oh, and the sound of the 5.0. Everything I hoped for and more. Now if I could just get the Northwest rain to cooperate! BTW, it was delivered within a week of the original estimated delivery date. Ordered the end of February.

2011 GT, Gray Metallic Convertible Premium, 18 inchPolished Aluminum wheels, Security, Comfort, 1000 Shaker, Brick Red Leather (an awesome combination of colors)
PONY Member

JonnyB,

Thanks for helping out! Could you please check on my GT for me?
VIN# 1ZVBP8CF6B5126286

In advance, I say, Thank You!

Sent PM.

Last edited by ReTread; 05-30-2010 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Update
Rookie

Hey Johnny, I sent a PM to you yesterday but I'll post it here also. I ordered in January and it was built 4/08. Im on my second ETA of 6/09. Can you do your magic and check for me.
Thanks
1ZVBP8CF3B5108442

2014 Mustang GT 5.0
Black. Brembo, Track Pack
In dash IPad, Overhead IPad Mini
"THE ORIGINAL IPAD MUSTANG"
"3spro.com/mustangs"
Apprentice

My vin

Johnny, I'm new to posting in the forums, but have been lurking for a while. My vehicle was supposed to start production on May 17th. I was wondering if it was on schedule. I'm redeploying in July and really hope that it is there waiting for me when I get back. The wait is killing me, but at least I have something to look forward to. VIN is 1ZVBP8CF3B5121336. Thanks in advance.

Mustang GT Premium, Kona blue, coupe package #5, black over the top stripe, Brembo break package, 6 spd manual, 3:73 gears, Nav system, comfort package

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
BMX
Rookie

JonnyB, I was just checking to see if I could get an update.

1zvbp8cf9b5119123

Thanks again man.
Rookie

Hi. Dealer CAN'T locate my car... what a joke! VIN 1ZVBP8CF5B5107924 built 04/14.... Canada
Rookie

(In Transit Arrived at Intermediate Point (Csx Transportation ) Cumberlan, MD May-28-2010, 02:48 ET Jun-11-2010)
Just got this update the other day from Johnny Does this mean it is on train on its way to NY??? :laughlitt
I ordered on 4/18 Build Date was on 5/17...
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I'm driving it! This car is awesome! a real masterpiece.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
Rookie

1zvbp8cfxb5121432

Any update Jonny. Thanks million, much appreciated
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr12 View Post
Production started April 15th. That's about a month 1/2 ago. Dealers usually tell customers it takes 8 to 12 weeks to get a car from order, so even if someone ordered before April 15th, I am guessing that it is "acceptable", from Ford's point of view, to have to wait for the car up to 3 months from that date.

What is new, is that customers get much more information than before. People like JohnnyB give us information that we shouldn't have, but this information is just a status, it doesn't tell us why those cars are on hold. In order to satisfy our curiosity and vent our frustration, we gather "knowledge" from "sources" that have not been verified, and this upsets everyone even more.

Yes, we're paying a lot for those cars, yes, UPS can track a toothbrush travelling from Ohio to Nevada and give a daily status, yes every one would like to know what is Ramp 51, yes, we are comparing VINs and wondering why VIN 120 was delivered before VIN 106, yes, everyone who have been ordering before yesterday is anxious, jealous of the other dude who already got his car, etc etc.

Ford doesn't HAVE to tell us what's up with those cars. They're still on time. We see many getting shipped, things are moving.

Now that was my devil's advocate diatribe.

As a person, I wondered why my window sticker showed up one day later than the expected date. I am anxious to know if my car will be built on schedule. I will email JohnnyB on that date and ask for a status. If it is not built, I will yell at my computer, I will read all the possible Mustang forums and try to figure out why on earth my baby is one day late, two days late, a week late, I will blame Volcanos, electronic chips, Germans, aliens, the government, and demand that Ford gives me a valid reason for her not to be born yet. Why? Because I'm a person, because I'm so excited about this new car, because I was hoping that in 2010 Fomoco would give me much more status information than they used to. But the reality is that if my car is delivered before July 15th, then Ford actually made it within 12 weeks since the beginning of production, and me being impatient, angry, anxious, sad, etc..) was just me being human.
FALSE.

Dealers tell customers whatever they feel like. Often it is either based on their experiences or simply a SWAG. Mine told me 6-8 weeks. A far cry from 12. It's been 8 since I placed the order and nearly a month since the car was built. I told my salesman I wanted it by Memorial Day but that I also understood "sh!t happens" out of his control -- I just want to be kept in the loop. I have NOT been kept in the loop.

So if your dealer says "8-12 weeks" and you get it in 6, good on ya. But there is no "standard" answer for expected delivery dates, just to be clear.
Rookie

VIN: 1ZVBP8CFXB5110222
Any help would be highly appreciated. built on 4/26. last eta 5/13. No updates since 4/30 on fords records.

thanks
PONY Member

No idea, released for shipment 22 May and it vanished!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page