Where is your 2011 Mustang?? - Page 16 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Just spoke with Ford Customer Service and my Dealer's Rep. In short, Ford Customer service said the ETA was moved back 1 week, but the service rep said the cars are hold for quality assurance. I'd have to think many dealers are giving Ford heat for holding on delivery for the private orders, Ford should be getting the units sent soon. Most dealerships seem to be very frustrated and want to sell the cars also.

Hang in there, were all in this together.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhuron View Post
Just spoke with Ford Customer Service and my Dealer's Rep. In short, Ford Customer service said the ETA was moved back 1 week, but the service rep said the cars are hold for quality assurance. I'd have to think many dealers are giving Ford heat for holding on delivery for the private orders, Ford should be getting the units sent soon. Most dealerships seem to be very frustrated and want to sell the cars also.

Hang in there, were all in this together.
So what you're saying is... "no new news."

Rookie

I feel so used . The ford customer service rep did say they expected my car to be at the dealership by 6/6 and made no mention of the hold. FWIW ;P

Apprentice

Angry

I called Ford CS earlier today for a status update on my GT and was told there's no update since 5/24/10. The car was ordered on 2/20/10, build on 5/10/10, ETA was 5/29/10. I call them once a week and thay are all very nice but no real answers have been provided since the car was built.

I have some ideas for changing Ford's 5 question customer service survey at the end of the call. But, I'll get in trouble with listing my replacement questions for Ford's survey on this site.

Jonny B been my best source for any updates, not the Dealer or Ford CS

Jim

2011 GT Premium, Black with Saddle, Brembo, 6 Speed MT, 3.73, HID, Security Package, Electronics Package, Rear Camera, Comfort Package.

Mods. K & N Filter, Roush axel back exhaust, GT 500 Rear wheel mud Flaps, CS Front Valance w/o fogs, Barton shifter, knob and bracket.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

In the words of Charlie Brown " good greif" this is getting old fast

when I asked my dealer about the status of my car,he said he never heard of ramp 51 and joked about it being area 51.This from the sales manager thats been there 15 years.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Rookie

JonnyB, thank you advance for your help,

VIN: 1ZVBP8AM4B5129737

Ordered my V6 on 4/29, called the dealer to know build scheduled on 6/07, no ETA yet.

Thanks a lot
PONY Member

JonnyB, Time for my fix. please checkout VIN 1ZVBP8CFXB5124847 for me. Thanks for your dedication.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
Rookie

I think Johnny B is off the radar.

2014 Mustang GT 5.0
Black. Brembo, Track Pack
In dash IPad, Overhead IPad Mini
"THE ORIGINAL IPAD MUSTANG"
"3spro.com/mustangs"
Apprentice

god i hope not he is the only thing i got going for me on the location of my car the dealer is not very helpful its pretty bad when you know more than they do lets think positive and hope for thebest
Apprentice

I think now that word has gotten out, he's got entirely too many to do on a nightly basis. I for one have been holding myself back to one update every 4 days.

Makes you wonder, with so many people hooked into this guy now, I'm sure a Ford rep has heard about it. I wonder what they think...
Apprentice

Folks, please quit asking Jonny for updates EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. The plant only works 4 days a week -- Monday through Thursday. Some may ship the next 3 days but maybe, just maybe, you can wait until Tuesday or Wednesday for your update.

I'd rather have an update once or twice a week than to overwhelm the guy with "has my status changed since the last time I asked you an hour ago" message.
Rookie

Yea, understood. Still would like to get my first update from JB. Dealer has no info for me but eta of the 9th. Im wondering if it's going to happen at all!

2014 Mustang GT 5.0
Black. Brembo, Track Pack
In dash IPad, Overhead IPad Mini
"THE ORIGINAL IPAD MUSTANG"
"3spro.com/mustangs"
PONY Member

Here is my vin:
1ZVBP8FFXB5117067

I was told it was built on 5/3/2010 should be shipped 5/12 and is now on ramp 51. Could you check and tell me where it is?

2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
Rookie

Yeah, don't kill yourself, JB, you're a nice guy, the world needs as many of those as it can get! I for one am grateful for the updates given. It's more info than what I've gotten from anyone else. I might suggest just to split them up and do half one night and half the next, or drop the updates to just once or twice a week perhaps.
Apprentice

i'm still wondering why the dealer or customer service can't do what JohnnyB does.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page