Where is your 2011 Mustang?? - Page 21 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
To those of you who have vehicles waiting at Area 51, I've just gotten some news from one of the engineers over at Auto Alliance. Evidently there are 3-4 quality issues that have to been inspected for on some of the vehicles. I know that both of mine are schelduled to be looked at by Monday at the latest. Harold, the lucky engineer I get to talk to every time, has said that some of the quality control issues are very very serious. He hasn't mentioned where the issues lie but that they are there. So at least I'm getting some information and trying to send it out to all to all of you about what I know.

OYE!!!! but I'm glad they caught it and are fixing it before it gets out the door.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

can u tell me were my stang is ??? vin # 1ZVBP8CFXB5132477

Thanks ,
Anthony

Apprentice

Hey fox, here are your Ramp 51 issues which come from a reputable source.

Quote:
Here is what I was told today. There are multiple small concerns with the car. From what I was told the most common concern, effecting about 3600 units, is a misprinted coolant label that recommends the wrong color coolant. About 200 units have been striped when they shouldn't have been, about 800 units are having a timing chain noise issue and a very small handful have a small noise at idle. I am told that they expect all units that are currently produced to be checked, and fixed if applicable, and to be shipped by 06/27. I wasn't able to clarify as to whether that was when they would leave or when they would arrive at the dealerships. I also wasn't able to get info into which of my 17 outstanding orders were effected by which concerns but was told they are checking every unit before releasing them.

Take this for what it is worth but this is the explanation that I received.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10

Rookie

Here is our status:
Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Gf03 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-24-2010, 02:55 ET May-29-2010

I saw a long status list from the dealer and our's went offsite twice. Does anyone know if this status means it is actually ready to ship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
Hey fox, here are your Ramp 51 issues which come from a reputable source.
Rookie

pm sent....thanks in advance!
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy King View Post
Here is our status:
Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Gf03 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-24-2010, 02:55 ET May-29-2010

I saw a long status list from the dealer and our's went offsite twice. Does anyone know if this status means it is actually ready to ship?
Returned from Offsite is a good sign, though I'm not entirely sure where they put it when it gets this status. It should be back at a Ramp, where it's probably going to go through final Quality Control checks again, and if it passes then it should pretty quickly be loaded for transport, at which point your car is basically scott free.

I can't be 100% sure though, this is only guesswork on my part, but it should be at the final hurdle. If it managed to get loaded and go to IN TRANSIT, then it'll get there pretty definitely in a week or two, depending on how far off the dealer is.
Rookie

can you help me find mine too.....

1ZVBP8FF7B5121397

Supposedly a hold no idea when it will be released. Thanks
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
Here is what I was told today. There are multiple small concerns with the car. From what I was told the most common concern, effecting about 3600 units, is a misprinted coolant label that recommends the wrong color coolant. About 200 units have been striped when they shouldn't have been, about 800 units are having a timing chain noise issue and a very small handful have a small noise at idle. I am told that they expect all units that are currently produced to be checked, and fixed if applicable, and to be shipped by 06/27. I wasn't able to clarify as to whether that was when they would leave or when they would arrive at the dealerships. I also wasn't able to get info into which of my 17 outstanding orders were effected by which concerns but was told they are checking every unit before releasing them.

Take this for what it is worth but this is the explanation that I received.
its the part all of this information has to come through the back channels instead of coming directly from Ford thats got a burr in my saddle. I've got a road trip coming up on the 4th of July weekend and I'll need my car by then. Its going to kill me if I can't have it. We're going to see my sister in law, with her guy who has a suped up 2005 GT. I'd just like to suprise him once we get up there.

BTW does that OSU03 mean you were educated down at Oklahoma State?

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
its the part all of this information has to come through the back channels instead of coming directly from Ford thats got a burr in my saddle. I've got a road trip coming up on the 4th of July weekend and I'll need my car by then. Its going to kill me if I can't have it. We're going to see my sister in law, with her guy who has a suped up 2005 GT. I'd just like to suprise him once we get up there.

BTW does that OSU03 mean you were educated down at Oklahoma State?
Yeah, it's too bad they're not giving information (or cars) to their loyal customers.

THE Ohio State University actually.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I thought it could have been Ohio State, but concidering your in Dallas I made a bad assumption.

Personally I hope they didn't put the wrong stripes on my cars. God that would make me mad. All I'm wanting is a 401a, grabber blue piping, #4 package (pedistal spoiler and hood scoop) and a 3.55 rear end. Hopefully its something simple on our cars so I don't have to worry about the paint job. If they have screwed up the paint, that would be the absolute worst that could happen.

Rookie

Fox........mine was built may 18 with an eta delivery date 6/2 i called cs today and they said it is on ramp 51.....so do you think if yours will be checked monday at the latest I may be so lucky as well??? Still waiting for Jonny to get back to me with the truth but hopefully we will be driving soon
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

spsracer:

well they said everyones, so hopefully. then again its a blue boy issue. :kooky:

I so need to make this road trip and I can't take my old car.....

Rookie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
spsracer:

well they said everyones, so hopefully. then again its a blue boy issue. :kooky:

I so need to make this road trip and I can't take my old car.....
I sure hope it gets released.........Apparently I have no luck preordering cars, last year I preordered my Corolla XRS and it took like 4 months to get it made, this one was made ASAP but can't get it shipped to me. I guess I am done ordering cars. LOL
Rookie

Does anyone know what time JonnyB usually sends the updates on the car status? I am dying to know when I will see my car so this info will be so helpful. I pm and posted on here not sure if I am doing it right.....maybe he did answer me but I don't know where to find it.
Rookie
S197 Member

it makes no difference when you ordered the car or whatever the e/t/s states....i have had a senior supervisor at c/s calling me with updates. ...guess what?the e/t/s just stays the same and the c/s person just says all cars are going through a q/c process.....order in 2/2!!...built 5/10!!!...eta 5/14..then moved up to 5/24...where it still sits...gt black cloth -red candy 6 speed stick-3.73 gears

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page