No 5.0 Badge on CS Mustang Package - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Yawn.

Are you done yet?

I've got to get back to creating more unfair trade laws and profiteering.

Exactly how much money does providing a VHR at my own expense generate? How about when I work 16 hour days 5 days a week to make sure that all of my emails are responded to personally? Have you ever responded to 750+ emails per week? How about personally returned phone calls for questions about turn signals, manifold heights, and injector flow rates - what does that pay? How about when I spend hours scanning the Forums for areas where I can assist fellow 5th generation Mustangers - how much do I charge for that insight?

Every average enthusiast that comes on here looking for information gets detailed and accurate information from me for free. What you call "holier than thou" I call polite... look it up. I have no hidden agenda. Your insults continue, but you are insulting this made up bogus figure that you have created. Nothing that you are saying is even remotely true so it doesn't matter - but so far I've fielded six calls to my cell phone this morning asking me what kind of lunatic are you and I am just getting my first cup of coffee and heading to work. Have a great day!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

And to think, all this because of no 5.0 badge on the the GT/CS. Boy, did we get off topic!!

post #48 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

No kidding,,, i have chatted with a sales guy and he has ordered striping that has 5.0 on it for the hood, rides along the air intake, for a unit he just sold. I will wait and see what it looks like without it, as such I still cannot find any pictures of a 2011 Black C/S. O well according to my sales guy it will be in my hands on the 28th of this month, judging by all the issues of delivery, I'm somewhat sceptical.

PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Sorry for the thread hi-jack...

I am partial to the GT/CS and here is what I think about your badging:

If you leave the GT/CS where it is - the front fender becomes too busy when you add the 5.0 badge... if you adjusted the vinyl to move the GT/CS to the C-Scoop area and left the stripe without GT/CS badging, I think the 5.0 would be less busy on the front fender AND it would be close to how the GT/CS looked in 1968.

If you notice the Mustang badge on the lower fender your 5.0 badge would look good there and the GT/CS could move to the C-Scoop... some version of this would be slick.
post #50 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Thanks Mark..I like that and your right right about being to busy. I will obviously will wait till I get the new unit and take a couple of weeks before I decide. I will be getting the windows tinted before delivery, and will be a bit of a rebel and get the driver and passenger ones done also. Its not legal here, however its quite common, and I will be careful not to go very dark, most likely slightly lighter then the side and rear windows.
SHELBY GT 500 Member

What was the original topic again?

Please keep this thread on topic, any further off topic chatter will be deleted.

If you have any questions for Price Ford, please post them in their fourm.

Thank you. Happy Meals for all!

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceFord View Post
New here much??
Welcome to All Ford Mustangs dot com!

You couldn't have me any more wrong.

Here is a link to a thread in my forum where for my "snake-like, self serving needs", I provided 837 free vehicle history reports to AFM'ers last month (that's over $15,000 I saved my fellow AFM'ers)...642 free reports the month before that. I average around 60-100 emails a day from AFMers with special requests and Ford dealer specific questions - each one is answered by me personally - not by one of my staff of "sub-par" employees... on top of that, I sell a half dozen Mustangs to somewhere in the USA and write up quotes to another two dozen or so... all selfish on my part.
https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ry-report.html

Here is a link to my YouTube Channel where I provide a little insight on the Ford Mustang... thank god for the experts that know the product, because everyone knows that since I won the Ford Walkaround National contest in 2005 - this discount stereo Ronald McDonald has really started to slip... YouTube - priceford2010's Channel

If you want a pissing match, go elsewhere.

Your attempt at insulting me by calling me Ronald McDonald is falling on deaf ears... every McDonalds I drive past has one thing written on the bottom of their world famous sign...

You go on to comment:

"Some of us will pay for better service, maybe some day you can afford it yourself."

Insecure much?

Personally I like the Mickey D's emblem, you should go with that

2008 Mustang GT 5 speed 472HP 436 TQ
Procharger P-1SC Stage 2, GT500 Fuel System, FRPP Stingers, O/R H-pipe, Metco LCA's, Hurst shifter
PONY Member

I don't like the badge on the CS, too busy. But, that's my opinion. As an alternate route, you could have a plate like "5 PT 0" or something. Just sayin'

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Apprentice

Quote:
Sorry for the thread hi-jack...

I am partial to the GT/CS and here is what I think about your badging:

If you leave the GT/CS where it is - the front fender becomes too busy when you add the 5.0 badge... if you adjusted the vinyl to move the GT/CS to the C-Scoop area and left the stripe without GT/CS badging, I think the 5.0 would be less busy on the front fender AND it would be close to how the GT/CS looked in 1968.

If you notice the Mustang badge on the lower fender your 5.0 badge would look good there and the GT/CS could move to the C-Scoop... some version of this would be slick.
What if instead of putting the badge under the vinyl, you tack the badge on top of the vinyl on the door section. Like this:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GTCS5pointOh.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	99766  

GT/CS Race Red M/T

-Glass Roof
-Security package

Delivered 6/21, first day of summer
PONY Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I think the mis-matched chrome vs. matte is a bit off... might look better with a 5.0 in matte black or that black chrome...

Personally, I prefer no badge... It's amazing how many conversations get started with "What does the GT/CS stand for?" even at Mustang shows.

If the 5.0 is a must have - I would lean towards having a new set of graphics cut with the 5.0 cut in them... I would also order a set of the originals from the factory and hang them in the basement for when the grandkids want to return it to stock.

or just take the side GT/CS stripe off completely and replace with the 5.0 badge.
GT Member
Classic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance177 View Post
Let me clarify when I refer to on, I mean..ON and when I say in..I mean in...I'm a Mechanical Engineer who specializes in writing specs utility for units for high voltage usage 500KV and above . And in my world on means on, and in means in...I will dumb it down next time,
you have a cool job!! 5 cool points for you

(sarcasm)

your post and thread title was very unspecific
Rookie
5.0L Member

I just bought a 2011 gt/cs. what about putting the 5.0 badge on the hood where you would put the spear strips. My hubby has a 2009 challanger r/t and his has chrome hemi emblems on his hood where it rises. Looks cool on his care, I was thinking of doing the same. So what do you think?
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I'm a Substation Wireman. I actually fix all the mistakes that pompous engineers make when writing things down on paper that don't work in the real world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelance177 View Post
Let me clarify when I refer to on, I mean..ON and when I say in..I mean in...I'm a Mechanical Engineer who specializes in writing specs utility for units for high voltage usage 500KV and above . And in my world on means on, and in means in...I will dumb it down next time,

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
2011CS,

I operate the largest Ford dealership in Port Angeles.

I appreciate your comments and I absolutely realize dealerships that handle customers poorly are everywhere.

We have a distinct difference in business approach... if a customer has bought elsewhere - shame on us and you can bet we will absolutely roll out the red carpet for them in the service department... I have to make it extremely obvious that this is the best customer service that they could imagine and without a doubt - the next time they are in the market for a vehicle they will be giving us a shot at your business. I find that if your competition's customer is ignored in service or treated like a second class citizen - they will never become your customer in sales. That philosophy might explain our multiple President's Awards and the fact that while 10,000 auto dealerships have closed their doors in the past two years - Price Ford is building a brand new dealership.

In our market - the prevailing attitude is that customers could go to a major metro area and make their larger purchases... the past perception was there was a huge savings - but with the way we treat our competition's sales customers when they use us for service, our pump-ins are completely non-existant... and I'm not comfortable with any business polices that involve ignoring a customer or speaking to them like a second class citizen. Is that in your training for F&I? If a customer decides not to purchase your MBI products do you tell them that you hope their car breaks in half immediately after the factory warranty expires?

It doesn't surprise me that dealerships are operated with the short sighted arrogance that you describe... that's probably why I export cars to Canada every single day... and when the Canadian Ford dealer independantly refuses to treat customers with the respect they deserve - that explains all of the repeat business.
Right on Mark! You got it all right, and these guys don't know what they're talking about and what this kind of thinking will get them...

I would NEVER go to these kind of dealers, knowing their thinking I wouldn't never buy anything from them, and will not even think about getting my car there for "services"! On the other side, if I wasn't in California (witch is far from where you are), I'll stop by for sure at your dealership! I've seen your very professional videos on YouTube, seen your remarks and I can tell you; you are the kind of Dealership customers wants to go to; I saw right away how serious and honest you guys are; thanks again for your work, it's a relief to see that there are still some real professionals out there!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page