The new mustang body? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
S197 Member

The new mustang body?

Does anyone else think that the new mustang body (2010+) is a little too sporty? It's almost like they are going back to the sporty looking mustangs after the fastbacks.

I think the 05-09 body style should be the GT and the 2010 style should be the V6.

I was ok when kids in my town called the new Camaro's batmobiles but I'm NOT ok with them calling mustangs chick cars and comparing them to Tiburon's and Celica's.

I know a lot of people i've talked to agree with me but what do the real mustang fans think?

Here is a picture of my 2005 V6 pony. I've had her for about 6 months and with a few mods It's the quickest V6 in town (Even the camaro)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GMustang.jpeg
Views:	383
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	99447  

2005 Ford mustang V6.
K&N CAI.
SCT Tuner.

18 years old. 0 accidents. 1 ticket.
The ticket was for going 27 MPH in a 25 can you believe that garbage!
I stuck it to the Man and the Man stuck it right back to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
Rookie

I like the new Mustang, except for the rear end.

post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
Apprentice
Classic Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

they're kids ... they dont know whats good for 'em.

Chick cars would be small cars and small engines. Just because chicks dig mustangs doesnt mean mustangs are chick cars. If fact ... mustangs would be cars to get chicks with.

The rear end of the new mustangs DO look ugly from factory but nothing that an aftermarket bumper and different lights wont fix.

"The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat but in the perfection of the character of its participants"

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Personally, I love them as I do most all Mustangs.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I like everything about the 2010+ Mustangs. The rear end, the hips, the front...just everything. If the pre-2010 S197 v6 Mustangs had a front like the 2010 v6s do instead of appearing to be a GT wanna be, I think their staying power would have lasted longer. Both the v6s and GTs on the 2010+ models are lookers, I don't think that could be said of the v6. The 2005+ GTs on the other hand looked just menacing the first time I saw one on the road and I think the 2010 refresh enhances that.

For Play: 2011 Ford Mustang v6 Premium Coupe w/Pony Package. Stock...for now.

For Work: 2011 Hyundai Sonata SE. The fun daily driver.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
PONY Member

I loved my '06. I'll love my '11. What do kids know about muscle cars? They would probably put a couple of fart cans on it!
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

ba da bap bap ba! I'm lovin it!

2011 Performance White 5.0 Premium 6spd MT, 3.73's, 401A
Mods: Staggered 18" FR500 wheels with 255 45 18, & 295 45 18 tires, Air Lift Drag Bags, Roush axle backs, Eibach Pro springs, BMR Adjustable Panhard bar, Center Fog grille, MMD Hood Struts,BAMA Tuned, JPC Line Lock, Blowfish Racing Bracket
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
GT Member

Comment

They rounded off the corners of the rear of the 2010 purposefully to make the car LOOK smaller. I'm quite sure they did that because the general public's perception is that smaller looks = better gas mileage.

They kept the old roof line because they spent a lot of money designing that glass roof, had not sold enough of those yet, why not make a few more bucks on money they'd already spent.

Like it or hate it, we gotta live with that...as it is a done deal.

Can we open our own factory making again the 05 to 09 body in a GT only with the new 5.0 under the hood ? Don't think that's gonna happen.

All we can do is look to the future...Direct Injection...and a Boss 302.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I think the 05-09 would have been perfect had it had the "hip" or "flanks" or what ever you want to call it, the hump over the rear tire. I think the 10-11 would be perfect with the earlier rear end. But I still like the new one better!

2001 Gt (gone but not forgotten, always loved!)
Mineral Grey, KN cold air, SLP cat back, 4:10 gears, Hurst compitition plus shifter, rear window louvers, silver face gauges, Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Kaminari side skirts, Shaker hoodscoop
Best time 14.20 @ 7000 ft elev (on G-tech performance meter).
real men drive domestic
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLav View Post
Does anyone else think that the new mustang body (2010+) is a little too sporty? It's almost like they are going back to the sporty looking mustangs after the fastbacks.

I think the 05-09 body style should be the GT and the 2010 style should be the V6.

I was ok when kids in my town called the new Camaro's batmobiles but I'm NOT ok with them calling mustangs chick cars and comparing them to Tiburon's and Celica's.

I know a lot of people i've talked to agree with me but what do the real mustang fans think?

Here is a picture of my 2005 V6 pony. I've had her for about 6 months and with a few mods It's the quickest V6 in town (Even the camaro)

I like the new 10/11 stang, I ordered a new one. I won't sell my 2006 GT though, because I think it looks a little classier than the new one. The new one is muscle bound. I love them both though.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
PONY Member

The 2010+ took awhile for it to grow on me. Now, I can honestly say I think it looks better. Rear is a bit funny, but everything else is nice. The 05-09 looks kind of blocky now (not as bad as the Camaro though!)..

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
PONY Member
4.6L Member

I do gotta say, I saw a pic of a 2010 and a 2009 from the rear side by side, and the 2010 actually looks better. I don't mean I like it better, it don't seem to fit the rest of the car as well, but side by side the 09 looked kinda plain in comparison. Sounds stupid, I know.

2001 Gt (gone but not forgotten, always loved!)
Mineral Grey, KN cold air, SLP cat back, 4:10 gears, Hurst compitition plus shifter, rear window louvers, silver face gauges, Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Kaminari side skirts, Shaker hoodscoop
Best time 14.20 @ 7000 ft elev (on G-tech performance meter).
real men drive domestic
PONY Member
5.0L Member

I like the 05-09 body styles better then all the other years, just looks badass when it's modded the right way.

1995 GT 5 Speed: SOLD :RECOVERED
BBK CAI, 15% Tint, 40's Flowmasters, MGW Short Trow Shifter
18" Black Deep Dish Bullits, 8" Shorty Antenna, Polished Billet Grille
PONY Member

I personally love the way the 2011 looks. Everything about the car looks good and I really like the V6 front better then the GT front. The small ducts on the lower front outsides add to the sporty look. Remember, IMHO!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice

I really like the look of the 2010-11, except for the rear -- it's just okay. It'd be great if for 2012 they'd go back to the rear they had on the S197 concept car. But they'd probably want to move the exhaust pipes down to the bottom edge of the body.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	33010010004_large.jpg
Views:	759
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	99474  

Vista Blue 2009 V6 Premium w/Pony Package, X-Charger Xtreme #276
Auto, Custom duals, GT500 8.8 w/3.73 gears, Shaftmasters driveshaft, Konis, GT brakes, Roush rear springs, and various interior/exterior upgrades
48 states road tripping in my Pony...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page