Going to the dealer on Monday - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Going to the dealer on Monday

Going to the dealer on Monday I ordered mind on May 17th what can I ask him to find out when I will get my mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangcs2011 View Post
Going to the dealer on Monday I ordered mind on May 17th what can I ask him to find out when I will get my mustang
Ask for the VIN, they should have one already. And an estimated build date. The window sticker will show up on the web site approximately one week before the build date.

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

That's pretty quick for a VIN. I ordered mine on 4/12 and just got my VIN on 5/28.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible, Race Red, Black Top, Charcoal Leather, Auto, Pony Package, Security System
Ordered 04/12, Window Sticker 06/04, Built 06/09, On a Train 06/11,
ETA 06/26, Delivered 06/26, Picked up 06/29

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
Apprentice

Quote:

Relax......I ordered mine 2 months before you did, and they still can't tell me when I will get it.

You can get plenty of ETAs, I've had 3, with the latest being May 4th, but still no car.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Rider View Post
That's pretty quick for a VIN. I ordered mine on 4/12 and just got my VIN on 5/28.
I think it depends on the build date. I ordered on 05/10 and got my Vin 3 days ago, build date is 06/03.

Unfortunately, as PTM333 says, once it's built it doesn't mean you get it a week or two later, so be patient
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
PONY Member

I can reassure you on what mattrr12 said also, I ordered mine on 3/29 and still have no car I got my real VIN on April 29th because dealer gave me the wrong vin in mid April! Built on May 14th and still saying Auto Alliance Produced so it is still sitting!! Starting to get impatient now! But there are alot of guys that have been sadly waiting longer than me! From what I hear its worth the wait!
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
Apprentice

I hope something happens this week because i have been waiting quite some time now build date 4/19 had 3 eta and they still cant tell me when it coming c/s told me last week 2 or 3 weeks already lost the 500 rebate and if it dosent come by july 1 will lose the 750 this is not fun anymore also was going for the 0% and lost that to:?:
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-30-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin macia View Post
I hope something happens this week because i have been waiting quite some time now build date 4/19 had 3 eta and they still cant tell me when it coming c/s told me last week 2 or 3 weeks already lost the 500 rebate and if it dosent come by july 1 will lose the 750 this is not fun anymore also was going for the 0% and lost that to:?:
Kevin, due to the wait/delay you might be able to get customer service to tell the dealer to honor the rebate. Not sure how easy it will be, but mine expires 6/27 and i might have to try too.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

thanks everyone. i went to dealer today but all he told me was to come back next week and he should have more info.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

I went to the dealer today (4 weeks now) and he said that the VIN number don’t come out until the car start to be built. Is this true? All I got is an order number can anyone tell anything by that. He said it will start being built on the 25th Thanks
PONY Member

Quote:
I went to the dealer today (4 weeks now) and he said that the VIN number donít come out until the car start to be built. Is this true? All I got is an order number can anyone tell anything by that. He said it will start being built on the 25th Thanks
You should get a VIN number and a window sticker before the build date. See my dates below.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannapony View Post
You should get a VIN number and a window sticker before the build date. See my dates below.

Lucky. I ordered mine on 5/24 and I have yet to be scheduled or get a vin number

2012 Ford Mustang GT
Performance White - Charcoal Black
MT82 - 400A - Glass Roof - 19" Nickel Luster Wheels
Shaker1000 - Comfort Package - HIDS/Security Package
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5.0 View Post
Lucky. I ordered mine on 5/24 and I have yet to be scheduled or get a vin number
Same here. Mine was ordered on May 17th.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

If I was to call customer service would they know anything by the order number?
Rookie

I ordered mine on May 22nd, I called the dealer today and she told me that my car is still a sheet of paper in the order pile. No VIN #, hasn't been started being built yet, and no other info. Her advice was to be patient bc it will still be quite a while before anything happens aka the car is built, nevermind the car actually getting here. I was really hoping it would be here by the 4th so I could show it off to my super jealous family.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page