The Camaro vs. the Mustang from a different perspective - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

The Camaro vs. the Mustang from a different perspective

On Sunday evening I took my new 2011 Mustang GT to the car wash. (it had a little dust on it) At one of the vacuums was a white Camaro with orange stripes. When I finished rinsing my car a guy was standing at the back of my car, the Camaro owner.

"What year is it?"
"It's a 2011"
"What? I didn't think they were out yet."
"Yeah, there's a few out there"

As we continued to talk he told me that he bought his Camaro on Saturday, the same day I bought my Mustang. I looked at his car inside and out, he looked at mine the same way. After talking for a while he liked my engine better, the overall look, and the interior better than his. When I asked him why he bought the Camaro he said because he couldn't wait for the Mustang. He was a nice guy with a great looking car but he was straight up lusting after my car.

I don't want to bash the Camaro because I seriously considered one. It's just funny to me that he regretted not getting the Mustang and I'm as happy as kids on summer break with my car.

2011 Mustang GT/CS - Race Red, 5.0, 6-speed manual, 3.73, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, HID, Tinted Windows, Boss Splitter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I expect that to be common sentiment unless you are referring to a die hard bow tie person.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2010
Apprentice

No that Camaro was not a 2011

I drive the new Camaros off the line, in Oshawa, Ontario , Canada, where they are built. As a matter of fact, I drove over 20 of them today. They will not start being built untill July, and even then, they will be put on hold for some time, before being shipped out.

2011 Camaros do not yet exist!

There can be only 1

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Show No Go View Post
I drive the new Camaros off the line, in Oshawa, Ontario , Canada, where they are built. As a matter of fact, I drove over 20 of them today. They will not start being built untill July, and even then, they will be put on hold for some time, before being shipped out.

He wasn't talking about a 2011 Camaro. He was talking about his 2011 Mustang.

Toy: 2002 Mustang GT
Daily Driver: 2010 Ford Fusion Sport
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
Apprentice

oops my bad! i misunderstood

There can be only 1
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
Apprentice

Another guy that should have done some research. All he had to do was spend less than 60 seconds googling "2011 Mustang release date," and he would have had the knowledge the buy the car that he's apparently lusting for so soon after his purchase.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
Sorry but that guy is a moron. I've seen plenty of "Coming Spring" messages all over the place, and not to mention updates from auto shows!

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010
Rookie

He would have been even more pissed off if this had been in Canada. The Camaro is 10 grand more.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
Apprentice

2011 Camaros

Well, I am correcting one more mistake, the 2011 Camaro, started rolling off the line last week. Pretty much the same car, with the addition of heads up display, which is really pretty cool.

There can be only 1
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Show No Go View Post

Do you post on Camaro5.com? I bet more than a few of those tightwads over there would lose their minds to know that the first person that drives their car after it is built is a Mustang guy!

2012 Ford Mustang GT
Performance White - Charcoal Black
MT82 - 400A - Glass Roof - 19" Nickel Luster Wheels
Shaker1000 - Comfort Package - HIDS/Security Package
Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to 427CARL
Reason to buy a Ford

I have a friend in town (die hard GM guy) driving a black '10 Glassroof GT prem.. :?: I asked him, why he chose the Mustang? He said a equal '10 Camaro was 50 grand and the 'stang was 35... I just bought a '10 GT prem Conv with 1600 miles in it for 35... and I have had GM cars for 40 years and I love love love love the Mustang!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page