No Rain Check on Incentives? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

No Rain Check on Incentives?

I just got off the phone with my dealer. I went to him on May 22nd to order a 2011 and ended up signing an agreement on one that was coming in to his inventory with everything I wanted. We agreed to the 0% and I ended up with around $1500 in rebates. Today he called me to tell me the car's coming in on Monday, but that there's no way at all for me to still get 0% financing.

I was under the impression that my deal would be "rain-checked," and that I would have a choice between the incentives offered when I ordered and the incentives offered at time of delivery. What's the deal?

PS: The salesman also told me that he's under the impression that holds like mine (where the car was shipped in April) were done intentionally in order for Ford to renege on the 0%.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

If it was my order, I'd be cancelling. You order a car with the current incentives, you should get them at delivery. That a sales guy says that Ford did this intentionally....he has to be a fool. If it was true, the 0% financing is over since the 1st, we sould see a sh** load of cars shipping next week then. I think it's just a good way for HIM not to give you the 0%. My 2 cents.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to ptc559
Usually the incentives or financing options are in effect when you take delivery Not when ordering or signing...
That's my understanding and was told to me by my salesman.
I have to wait until July to see what deals are and hope for 0%

2012 V6 Kona Blue, 3.31, Auto, Pony Package, Comfort Package, backup sensor

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
GT500 suspension, GT/CS Spoiler, window louvers, Tune

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Mmmm. That would really suck. A whole bunch of pople order cars at 0% and for some strange reason...there is a hold of those cars. When it's time for delivery...0% gone, too bad. Well, here ya go, that is why ford didn't need any government money. lol
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Apprentice

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011Sean View Post
I just got off the phone with my dealer. I went to him on May 22nd to order a 2011 and ended up signing an agreement on one that was coming in to his inventory with everything I wanted. We agreed to the 0% and I ended up with around $1500 in rebates. Today he called me to tell me the car's coming in on Monday, but that there's no way at all for me to still get 0% financing.

I was under the impression that my deal would be "rain-checked," and that I would have a choice between the incentives offered when I ordered and the incentives offered at time of delivery. What's the deal?

PS: The salesman also told me that he's under the impression that holds like mine (where the car was shipped in April) were done intentionally in order for Ford to renege on the 0%.
Sean

I'm east of you and ordered my GT Premium on 2/20/10, build 5/10/10, ETA 5/29, current status - RAMP 51 for quality hold. AAI tells be that the car S/B completed with this quality hold by 6/11/01 then shipped out. Sure......... At the time of purchase there was 0% for 36 month and $500 bonus customer cash. Unfortunately the 0% is gone and was replaced with 2.9% for 36 months. The other day there was no $500 bonus customer cash, BUT, I saw today that Promotional Retail Bonus Customer Cash is back on both the GT and V6 from 6/4/2010 to 7/6/2010 under Program #11796 for both models in our area and guess the other 49 states wouls be included.
The APR Financing program number is 20238. This was on the dealer web site.

I fully understand FMC wanting these cars to be 100% perfect as do we also, but be up front with all of us . Tell us the truth on the current events and provide real status update. Not the song and dance that current going on. Hell, we are the guy's who talk up these cars and how great they are to others. That means more sales to FMC. Besides, that would reduce our daily calls to the dealers, CS and AAI and anyone else we can find. Boy, isn't the web great for finding out their phone numbers and we will call. LOL

I hope they (FMC) read these threads.

Also, I called FMC CS and bitched about the zero % for 36 being gone. Trust me, I'm at the dealer the same day that my black GT rolls off the truck to bring it home.

I'm now concerned about my $750 private cash offer expiring on 7/2/2010 and not having the car in time. The CS rep documented my concerns, but no additional extension was given. Waiting....

Jim

2011 GT Premium, Black with Saddle, Brembo, 6 Speed MT, 3.73, HID, Security Package, Electronics Package, Rear Camera, Comfort Package.

Mods. K & N Filter, Roush axel back exhaust, GT 500 Rear wheel mud Flaps, CS Front Valance w/o fogs, Barton shifter, knob and bracket.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
GT Member

I've said it before. Finance specials are not official until you are approved and you sign the bottom line. Rebates are a different story. Even if you got approved at the time of order, they will run your credit again at delivery to make sure you still qualify.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Apprentice

ALL rebates and finance specials are calculated at the time of delivery...I strongly suggest to keep asking for brochures ( every 3rd day) to keep the expiration going forward..I have several with exp of 7/4 and then from the brochure I asked for last week it has 7/20 expiration...

2011 GT Convertible, Race Red, Auto, Loaded
My "other Ford"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsthesa View Post
ALL rebates and finance specials are calculated at the time of delivery....
+1

Now I "only" have a 2010 - and you guys will tell me my V6 is outdated and all...
But I bought it late last year from the lot, and the deal was sticker minus $2,000 Ford rebate minus $1,400 dealer rebate plus 0% financing plus no money down.

This year not even the left-over 2010s have that kind of incentives.

I did test drive the 2011 V6 'cause for a moment I thought it may be worth to trade up. But no...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

heck mine had arrived 3 days after my $750 private cash expired and to boot i didnt qualify for the 0% offer which was lame cuz i can pay the car off in a yr and a half not the 7 they think it will take me

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-V6 View Post
+1

Now I "only" have a 2010 - and you guys will tell me my V6 is outdated and all...
But I bought it late last year from the lot, and the deal was sticker minus $2,000 Ford rebate minus $1,400 dealer rebate plus 0% financing plus no money down.

This year not even the left-over 2010s have that kind of incentives.

I did test drive the 2011 V6 'cause for a moment I thought it may be worth to trade up. But no...
You paid sticker price for your car - rebates? :hihi:

That's not a good deal buddy. Invoice - rebates is not bad.

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
GT Member

He said "Ford rebate minus $1400 dealer rebate". That isn't sticker minus rebate.

2010 V-6, you are likely very smart to get a deal on a 2010. You can always trade it in a year or two if you feel the need. Right now, here in Texas, you can save in the neighborhood of $6-8K plus on most 2010 models over what a similarly priced 2011 will cost. That equals a lot of mods if you need the speed. Otherwise, you can pay for a lot of gas,insurance, etc. with your savings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page