Winter tires or second car for winter driving? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

It is so nice knowing your car is safe and you don't have to worry about anything the winter throws at you. There isn't any feeling like the day you take your Mustang out that first day you drive it the spring. You feel soooooo good! Buy a second car for the winter, it's worth it.

2011 Mustang 5.0 sterling gray, manual, Brembo, 3.73, HID, security pkg, Canadian model. Borla S-Type axle-backs, Airaid CAI and Bama tune. Barton shifter and bracket waiting to install.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I drive my 2005 vert year round and plan on doing the same with my 2011. No new tires. It drives just as good as any car I've had before other than our SUV. If there's snow storm Where the plows haven't gotten to it yet I'm not going to drive any car. Really though how many days in a year would you get hit wi an un plowed street coming or going from work? Not too many. I'm in Chicago FYI

Current ride: 2005 Torch Red GT Premium Vert
On Order: 2011 Red Candy GT/CS Vert
Ordered 2/8
Build date 4/22
ETA 5/14

Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Ual13 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-24-2010, 18:26 ET
Apprentice

I plan on running winter tires with an '11 vert, but I'm keeping my old car until then in case it's a mistake. I never liked the idea of buying a new car and running a beater that may break down in winter.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpickenz View Post
Thanks for the responses. I'll be living between Baltimore and DC. I don't know how much it snows there, so maybe I can get away with just replacing the summer only tires with all weather or snow tires for the winter. I really want to be able to drive my car year round, but do not want to take any chances of her getting hurt or salt doing any damage. Anyone know the area up there well enough to say if I can get by with that. It'd really be a hit to the morale if I have to put her up in storage for the winter.
That's right where I live, and there's never all that much snow, this past winter was a heck of an anomaly.

1994 Mustang GT
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propaganda13 View Post
I plan on running winter tires with an '11 vert, but I'm keeping my old car until then in case it's a mistake. I never liked the idea of buying a new car and running a beater that may break down in winter.

I didn't even think about the prospect of being stranded on the side of the road with a broken down junker. Thanks for bringing that up.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
second car , storage , tires , winter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page