just build me another one - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

just build me another one

My car has been sitting for almost two months on that thing they call 51 when they started to have problems with these cars why didnt they just build me another car that would ship right off the line and take my old car and fix it and send it for dealer stock somewhere just another thought cant understand why they hold these cars this long and pisssssss people off im one of those pisssssssssssed off ones

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice

punctuation what

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin macia View Post
My car has been sitting for almost two months on that thing they call 51 when they started to have problems with these cars why didnt they just build me another car that would ship right off the line and take my old car and fix it and send it for dealer stock somewhere just another thought cant understand why they hold these cars this long and pisssssss people off im one of those pisssssssssssed off ones
Thought I'll probably never find out what the issue was, that's exactly what Ford did for me...my GT/CS was built on 5/4 and has been sitting on Ramp 51 since...well, they informed me this week that my was was not going to be shipped and that they would fast-track a replacement...I asked my dealer how Ford defines "fast-track" and he said probably be built by next week...we'll see...

2013 BOSS 302 #0167
School Bus Yellow
Recaro/Torsen
BOSS car cover & floor mats

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjg109 View Post
they informed me this week that my was was not going to be shipped and that they would fast-track a replacement
I actually hope this happens to me. Then I would probably get a car that doesn't have any quality issues and hasn't been exposed to the elements for two months. Plus I'd probably get it faster!

1989 GT
Dark Shadow Blue, Manual, Mostly Stock
2011 GT
400A, Sterling Gray, Charcoal Black Int., Manual, 3.73, 19" Luster Nickel Wheels
Ordered: 3/13/10, Built: 4/12/10, Delivered: 7/2/10
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjg109 View Post
Thought I'll probably never find out what the issue was, that's exactly what Ford did for me...my GT/CS was built on 5/4 and has been sitting on Ramp 51 since...well, they informed me this week that my was was not going to be shipped and that they would fast-track a replacement...I asked my dealer how Ford defines "fast-track" and he said probably be built by next week...we'll see...
"Built by next week"??? Getting it built quickly isn't necessarily the problem, mine was built 4/26....then disappeared. I got an ETA date of 5/4 as soon as it was built, and that is STILL my official ETA date...over a month late now.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Rookie

Easy for me to say since I haven't ordered yet, but I'd be demanding a replacemnet car, no matter how long it took. There is obviously something seriously wrong with the units that aren't being shipped, I'd back far away from those! And to add insult to injury, way back in '99 when I received a new white mustang Cobra, there was minute specks of rust colored dust all over the outside of the car from sitting back there for almost a month, some had actually eaten into the clearcoat! They called it "rail dust"! I was able to wax most of it out, but what a pain!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTM333 View Post
"Built by next week"??? Getting it built quickly isn't necessarily the problem, mine was built 4/26....then disappeared. I got an ETA date of 5/4 as soon as it was built, and that is STILL my official ETA date...over a month late now.
I kinda get the feeling that current builds don't have the issue of the earlier ones...

2013 BOSS 302 #0167
School Bus Yellow
Recaro/Torsen
BOSS car cover & floor mats
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Rookie

My car built 5/12 and was supposed to be here 6/4 and it didnt but I wasnt expecting it so no biggie. However a guy bought his 5.0 auto mustang one week before mine and got it a few days ago. Mines an auto too so if he got it a few days ago and the auto dont have anything going on then maybe ill see it by thursday but whatever I guess thinking its gonna come around late Juhe or July would be about right. I ordered it in Feb too. I was shooting the bleeze with my saleman Bart and he said something kinda interesting about new cars or trucks always being delayed and that if even one of them has a start problem then they hold them all till they sort it out. Thought id pass that along to the masses waiting as that seemed more viable than anything else ive heard. Go us!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

My dealership reordered a manual for me, to replace the automatic I had ordered in February, that was bulit on April 13th, and is still sitting in Area 51. They said that it would be fast tracked as well, and I got my VIN number a week ago, but still no further word. It has been 4 months since my original order, and I am ready

2012 Shelby GT500. White - Stripe Delete. Corsa Exhaust.

2011 Mustang GT - Premium. 6 Speed MT, 3.55 Gears. Sterling Grey, CS Front Lower Valance with Boss 302 Splitter, 2012 Boss 302 Wheels, Airaid Cold Air Intake, and Corsa Extreme Exhaust. Boss 302 Radiator and Oil Cooler. Steeda Sport Lowering Springs, Heavy Duty Strut Mounts, Adjustable Panhard Bar. Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks.
Apprentice

I know one thing, im not waiting two months after a car is built to get it. Ill be sitting in something else. 5/20 build date. Ronn

2011 GT 373 Hid Sec Brembo 6spd Race Red
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Monday im calling c/s and they are going to tell me whats up with this car or im not buying this year!
PONY Member

I think I'm feeling a little better about this deal, I understand that cars being built NOW or OK and will ship normally. I ordered back on 1/30 and just know got a VIN. The build date is 6/8 and the ETA is 6/13 (we'll see).

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cant see howit can be a trans or motor issue because they are all mass produced the same way it has to be something stupid. I will get answers tomorrow or im done
PONY Member

Mine was built 4/20 and my dealer called Friday (4 Jun) and said it was supposed to be here next Friday (11 Jun). ETA was 12 Jun moved to 30 May so we're back to the original eta now. Got my fingers crossed!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Mine was built 4/20 and my dealer called Friday (4 Jun) and said it was supposed to be here next Friday (11 Jun). ETA was 12 Jun moved to 30 May so we're back to the original eta now. Got my fingers crossed!
I gave my dealer until Friday to come up with:

1) A real ETA
2) A concrete reason for the hold
3) My $500 deposit

I'm not "waiting" indefinitely for no reason any more for something I have no idea when I'll see. As summer gets closer and the incentives seem to go away I'm more inclined to wait until incentives get really good. If the car comes in and I haven't bought/ordered somewhere else, they can call me and I'll buy it with the same expectations of incentives I had when I ordered the first one. ETA was 5/14. Car was built 5/4. Been sitting ever since.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in