order cancellation penalty? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Question order cancellation penalty?

Those working for dealers or those with experience... I have $1000 down payment on my 2011 and after a lot of thought I want to make a significant change to my car and plan on reordering another GT.

What type of penalty can I expect when I call on Monday? and can I expect it even if I will be ordering another car?

I think the hold may be a blessing in disguise

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice

Has your car been built already?

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

It has been built since May 5

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice
V6 Member

I think it would depend on the dealership. Also, my dealership does not require a down payment when ordering a car unless it's some ridiculous request.

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan0490 View Post
I think it would depend on the dealership. Also, my dealership does not require a down payment when ordering a car unless it's some ridiculous request.

I will order another GT from the dealer so I can't see this being too big of an issue.

Another issue is will I be able to use my A plan deal on the new order? or will I have to get an A plan pin again?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice

Depends on the dealer and the car brand. I've had dealers tell me once you order that's it. Other dealers just ok with their manager that it'll be a quick sell if there's an issue.

What do you want? It may be possible for the dealer to trade for it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice

You'll probably have to eat it if you decide to change dealers.

If you are just changing to another car and your previous is a saleable unit then they will probably let you off the hook.

Jeff
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CS View Post
You'll probably have to eat it if you decide to change dealers.

If you are just changing to another car and your previous is a saleable unit then they will probably let you off the hook.

Jeff

I am essentially ordering the same car but will be changing to a manual transmission from the automatic that I had ordered and built. So I would consider the auto GT a sellable unit.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010
Apprentice

Hard to say. Depends on the dealer. Basically, if the cars been built then you're sticking them with the specific car you ordered. Hopefully, it's not too ridiculous and is something they could sell off the lot. In Ontario, legally the dealer can tell you to take a hike and keep your 1000. Not the greatest thing to do for customer goodwill though!

Dealerships only get so many allocations, so by ordering another one, you're taking two spots. If I were the dealership I'd let you order another one, but I'd want another 2,000 down. Once bitten. Twice shy!!

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmodem View Post
Hard to say. Depends on the dealer. Basically, if the cars been built then you're sticking them with the specific car you ordered. Hopefully, it's not too ridiculous and is something they could sell off the lot. In Ontario, legally the dealer can tell you to take a hike and keep your 1000. Not the greatest thing to do for customer goodwill though!

Dealerships only get so many allocations, so by ordering another one, you're taking two spots. If I were the dealership I'd let you order another one, but I'd want another 2,000 down. Once bitten. Twice shy!!

I am willing to wait the extra time for my new car to be built. I have waited this long so I might as well wait for the car I really want.

Any idea about the A plan that I used for the first order, Can I use that same A plan again??
Apprentice
S197 Member

My dealer let me do that two weeks ago, with no penalty, and was happy to accomodate me since the original car I ordered in February was an automatic built on April 13th, and still was sitting at lot 51.

2012 Shelby GT500. White - Stripe Delete. Corsa Exhaust.

2011 Mustang GT - Premium. 6 Speed MT, 3.55 Gears. Sterling Grey, CS Front Lower Valance with Boss 302 Splitter, 2012 Boss 302 Wheels, Airaid Cold Air Intake, and Corsa Extreme Exhaust. Boss 302 Radiator and Oil Cooler. Steeda Sport Lowering Springs, Heavy Duty Strut Mounts, Adjustable Panhard Bar. Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-05-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by klastinger View Post
My dealer let me do that two weeks ago, with no penalty, and was happy to accomodate me since the original car I ordered in February was an automatic built on April 13th, and still was sitting at lot 51.

Glad to hear that Klastinger.

Any idea if GTs are currently being built and sent to Lot 51 for a final inspection? or has all production stopped? or do the new GTs have the issue corrected?

Did your dealer give you any sort of a anticipated arrival (like it really matters lately)?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I am willing to wait the extra time for my new car to be built. I have waited this long so I might as well wait for the car I really want.

Any idea about the A plan that I used for the first order, Can I use that same A plan again??
Grabber, the A Plan Pin is not tied to the vehicle, it is tied to you and the dealership that "locks" it in. I've had many customers that have given me a pin and switched vehicles. The problem with Pins is switching dealerships. If the dealership has locked it in. They don't have to release it and you will need another one for the new dealership.

Ford allows the dealership to lock in a pin, if there is a signed buyers agreement. It is very difficult to "unlock" the pin. Pretty much impossible, as Ford says it's a dispute between dealers and won't intervene. I've personally had this happen to one of my customers. I'm an FSM in Canada, but I'm assuming the US is the same. Heck, I call Orlando FL for Pins all the time :-)

Present yourself sincerely and honestly. Don't get their backs up and your dealer should be accommodating. Good Luck!!

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager

Last edited by tmodem; 06-05-2010 at 11:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Apprentice
S197 Member

My dealer here in NY told me that they cannot force me to buy a car and if I decide I don't want it my deposit will be returned, no harm no foul.
Apprentice
S197 Member

No he did not really give a date, but I got a VIN in a little over a week.

2012 Shelby GT500. White - Stripe Delete. Corsa Exhaust.

2011 Mustang GT - Premium. 6 Speed MT, 3.55 Gears. Sterling Grey, CS Front Lower Valance with Boss 302 Splitter, 2012 Boss 302 Wheels, Airaid Cold Air Intake, and Corsa Extreme Exhaust. Boss 302 Radiator and Oil Cooler. Steeda Sport Lowering Springs, Heavy Duty Strut Mounts, Adjustable Panhard Bar. Koni STR.T Struts and Shocks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page