How flexible are dealers with pricing being Mustangs are selling very good? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TireKicker View Post
Another one is USAA car buying service.

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/...vices_products

Right now they are showing guaranteed, no haggle, price of $200.00 below invoice for mustangs. (at least the ones I've built on their site.)
I saw that there were services only for military or their family, and some for "other individuals". Is the car buying service only for military, or can anyone take advantage of it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
Classic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufud View Post
Yesterday I ordered my loaded v6 premium Stang from Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, NY for $300 under invoice. They gave me wholesale price on my 05 civic trade in, but said they had no issues with me trying to sell it myself before my car comes in.

I also ordered my car through Van Bortel for $300 under invoice for my GT premium, Brembos, 3.73, glass roof etc for a touch under $35K. Paul is the man at Van Bortel, did you use him?

2011 Mustang GT Premium
Brembo/3.73/Glass Roof
GT500 Axle Back/Rear Valance/CS front Valance

1966 Mustang Convertible
I6/Auto

Apprentice

Got mine off the dealer lot for $3700 under MSRP, that includes the $1250 in rebates. No negotiating either, so there are definitely deals out there regardless of how well they may be selling.

2012 GT California Special. White, Auto, Remote Start, GT500 Axel Backs, Airaid CAI, FRPP Tune

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twohitta View Post
Got mine off the dealer lot for $3700 under MSRP
Wow, did you make the dealer an offer he couldn't refuse? LOL

That is nice!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Down View Post
Wow, did you make the dealer an offer he couldn't refuse? LOL

That is nice!
The $3700 included the $1250 in rebates, so without the rebates the price was a little below invoice, which is inline with what some others are getting. No haggling though, which is always nice. Just sent an email to one of the internet salesman, and that was the price he quoted me.

2012 GT California Special. White, Auto, Remote Start, GT500 Axel Backs, Airaid CAI, FRPP Tune
Apprentice

You may be able to do better, but I ordered mine using Costco and got a nice (non-negotiable) discount off of MSRP. Another local dealer had a couple of 2011s in stock and they were asking 5K OVER sticker at the dealership, but in the newspaper today were advertising the same vehicles for 3K UNDER sticker. Go figure, the reality is probably in between and for better or worse largely dependent on your negotiating skills. Good luck.
PONY Member

I also ordered my GT Premium thru Costco. The dealer they referred me to sold the car I ordered at dealer cost, which is about $3000 below MSRP (the car is loaded, $42170 MSPR). There are hardly any 2011 Mustangs around here, and dealers all want MSRP or more. I'd recommend Costco.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
PONY Member

Van Bortel for me too. Painless.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
Apprentice
V6 Member

I got my car for X-Plan price - $1250 in rebates.

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1967PONY View Post
I also ordered my car through Van Bortel for $300 under invoice for my GT premium, Brembos, 3.73, glass roof etc for a touch under $35K. Paul is the man at Van Bortel, did you use him?
Yep, I also delt with Paul & got my car for $300 under invoice!

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBatty View Post
I saw that there were services only for military or their family, and some for "other individuals". Is the car buying service only for military, or can anyone take advantage of it?
Anyone can use this service if you are a member of USAA. Anyone can join. They do offer some services, insurance, etc, that are restricted to military and their families. Check out this link to see who is eligible for what. (Also it's free to join).

https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/...s_usaa_for_you

BTW, today they are showing $300 instead of $200 below invoice.
Apprentice

500 under invoice for my GT premium. After processing fees, it's more like a few hundred. Still great. I wouldn't pay above invoice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page