When ordering a Mustang do I need a down payment now or later ? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Question When ordering a Mustang do I need a down payment now or later ?

Im think of building my new 5.0 this tuesday. Now my question is do I need to make a down payment now when I order it or until it gets in the dealership lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Seems to vary from dealership to dealership. The ones I've contacted were $0, $500 or $1000.

Regards,
EddieZ
Austin, Tx

2011 GT Premium 401A, 6 Speed Manual, Performance White, Brick Red w/Cashmere, Electronics Package, Security Package, 3.73 Axle, HID Headlamps
Comfort Package, Brembo Brake Package, Rear Video Camera
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
Apprentice
5.0L Member

My dealer wanted $500, and mostly because I was ordering Grabber Blue. This guy only orders white, black and red cars, and he is afraid that the Grabber Blue will not sell. He figures that if I have money involved, I will be more willing to buy.

2012 Ford Mustang GT
Performance White - Charcoal Black
MT82 - 400A - Glass Roof - 19" Nickel Luster Wheels
Shaker1000 - Comfort Package - HIDS/Security Package

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
PONY Member

I wrote a check for $500 to my dealer, but he has not cashed it. Don't know what will happen if I cancel or don't buy the car, if and when it ever gets built & shipped.

2011 GT Coupe - candy red, auto, all the options
Mods - Roush supercharger, FRPP Sport axle-back mufflers, Forgestar CF5 gloss black staggered wheels
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

When I went to order my 2011 they wanted $2000 down, and that was because of the Grabber Blue. This was after I was told to just order it and would not need any down.
Since my DP was in my 2003 that I was trying to sell at the time I ended up finding the 2010 and bought it instead.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Both dealers that I've talked with want 500$ as a security deposit.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
PONY Member

$0 deposit for me

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to 5venoms
Stay away from Autofair Ford in Manchester NH. Those crooks wanted $5,000 to order a car. I have never heard of anything so crazy in my life. Nothing strange about the car either. I wanted a black GT Premium.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010
Apprentice

$200 is what my dealer asked. I think it's mostly they don't want to randomly order junk for anyone who walks off the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page