2011/1971-3 neo-retro Mustang photoshop - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011/1971-3 neo-retro Mustang photoshop

Hello - first post here; rather an impulse.

This evening - on a whim - I modified a photo of a base GT to represent a design reminiscent of the '71-73 bodystyle.

I figured I'd share it here, as the proportions turned out better than I had expected:

Enjoy. I'd be rather curious to hear what you think of the results, style-wise.

Take care,

-Kurt

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to 5venoms
The 71-73 body style is by far my most favorite of teh original generation Mustang. I have owned 4 of them over the last 20 years. You did a graet job and it looks great. With some Mach1 side stripes, and magnum 500 style wheels that car would look bad to A$$.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
PONY Member

Beautiful!!! Maybe that will be the next body update.

2011 V6 Premium Auto 2.73
1 of 8 2011 Grabber Blue with MCA package and glass roof

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
Apprentice

Styling is very nice. I'm a little concerned about the increased blind-spot, however. And the b-pillar isn't big enough for a production car. (You missed the passenger side b-pillar too.)

Photoshop work is excellent.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

Looks great, nice work with photoshop?

2011 Mustang GT/CS - Race Red, 5.0, 6-speed manual, 3.73, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, HID, Tinted Windows, Boss Splitter
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5venoms View Post
The 71-73 body style is by far my most favorite of teh original generation Mustang. I have owned 4 of them over the last 20 years. You did a graet job and it looks great. With some Mach1 side stripes, and magnum 500 style wheels that car would look bad to A$$.
One-hundred percent agreed in regards to the Magnum 500's. With all due respect to them, I can't stand the rampant trend of low-profile wheels and tires. The car that I photoshopped this off of had these:

Thanks, but no thanks. There is something about that design that makes my skin crawl.

On a fun note, there is a Ford Ranger pool truck that shows up in the neighborhood now and then - and its running around on wheels that look like Magnum 500's, or are Magnum 500's. Either way, I can't help but smile every time I see it; even though the Ranger itself isn't much to look at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05yellergt View Post
Beautiful!!! Maybe that will be the next body update.

To tell you the truth, I wish it was. I must confess that I like the results of the photoshop better than the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
Styling is very nice. I'm a little concerned about the increased blind-spot, however. And the b-pillar isn't big enough for a production car. (You missed the passenger side b-pillar too.)
If this design ever did make it to production, it'd probably end up with the same quarter window interior treatment as the Dodge Challenger. Thick and bulky.

I'm not sure that the visibility would be any better or worse than the Dodge product though. Though the B pillars would be larger, the window's additional size might improve rearward visibility. Not by much, but if Dodge gets away with it in the present day, it shouldn't be out of the question for Ford to do roughly the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCstang View Post
Looks great, nice work with photoshop?
Paint Shop Pro 7, to be exact, though "Photoshopping" has become the generic term.

-Kurt
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

I like the roof line alot, especially the Hatchback look. I can't stand the Gold color though, but everything else is GREAT!

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Very nice work, but not for me. The 69/70 has always been my favorite, and the 2010 follows it more for me. But remember, styling is subjective, to each his own. Once again, very nice work!

2001 Gt (gone but not forgotten, always loved!)
Mineral Grey, KN cold air, SLP cat back, 4:10 gears, Hurst compitition plus shifter, rear window louvers, silver face gauges, Boss Shinoda chin spoiler, Kaminari side skirts, Shaker hoodscoop
Best time 14.20 @ 7000 ft elev (on G-tech performance meter).
real men drive domestic
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularMuscle View Post
I like the roof line alot, especially the Hatchback look. I can't stand the Gold color though, but everything else is GREAT!
I'm rather partial to the gold myself, though I'm biased to H.B. Halacki's Gone in 60 Seconds Eleanor.

Nevertheless, flavors abound (threw these together - excuse the off hues on some of the features):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tefurd View Post
Very nice work, but not for me. The 69/70 has always been my favorite, and the 2010 follows it more for me. But remember, styling is subjective, to each his own. Once again, very nice work!
Indeed, this era is the Renaissance for the early fastbacks - though it would be nice to see a few different rooflines available. The existing design seems to be paying off quite well for Ford though - I dare say it is unlikely to expect any other era tributes to show up.

-Kurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page