Ford's response about production hold - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieCodeMonkey View Post
What pisses me off to no end is the fact that Ford is shipping all of these stock dealer orders while the retail custom orders are being left in the dust.
Well that certainly isn't true in my case - my order (2/3/10) was converted to a stock order by the dealer, thinking it might accelerate things. It still is sitting at lot 5P with the latest ETA 6/21.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla8 View Post
Well hears my situation,ordered 2011 GT base on 4/17 and past a couple ETA dates with the latest being 6/1.I'm giving it another two weeks and then I may get a 2010 that my dealer has.

I have'nt had a new Mustang in 20 years so a 2010 would be just fine If I do get the 10 I'm going to supercharge it and call it a day.It's a Silver GT premium 5spd with trackpack and comfort pkg

I was offered 6K off sticker back in April when I ordered the 2011 but I'm sure they will do atleast 7-8K at this point.We'll see how things shake out but I'm reddy to enjoy a V8 Mustang again
Don't wait...do it! You won't be disappointed in the 2010 GT. I bought one on Saturday after I canceled my 2011 order and she's an absolute screamer. And as I've been saying on another thread, the incentives right now are really compelling on the '10; total of $3k cask back or 0.0% for 72 months! I talked salesman down another grand to get mine for $400 under invoice -- a steal for such a fine piece of machinery. What incentives are you getting with the 2011: nearly zippypoo.

2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Premium
Grabber Blue
Rapid Spec 400A
4.6L Auto w/ 3.31 rear

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhans View Post
Well that certainly isn't true in my case - my order (2/3/10) was converted to a stock order by the dealer, thinking it might accelerate things. It still is sitting at lot 5P with the latest ETA 6/21.
In fact, I think a lot of orders that we all think are retail are really stock. As I've heard before, if your name doesn't appear on the window sticker, than more then likely it's a stock order. Anyone of authority, correct me if I'm wrong.

2010 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Premium
Grabber Blue
Rapid Spec 400A
4.6L Auto w/ 3.31 rear

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I test drove the 2010 the same day I ordered my 2011 GT and loved the trackpak and other upgrades you get with the premium.I really need to test drive a 2011 with manual to see the differance in power.

I have x-plan plus the $750 coupon to go along with current offers from Ford so either way I'll get a solid deal.

Congrats on your new vert Jersey Bill and I'll keep ya posted on my future Mustang status.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
GT Member

For the amount I saved on my 2010 GT Premium over an equivalent 2011 GT Premium, I was able to pay cash for another vehicle (Mustang). That puts it in perspective.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla8 View Post
Well hears my situation,ordered 2011 GT base on 4/17 and past a couple ETA dates with the latest being 6/1.I'm giving it another two weeks and then I may get a 2010 that my dealer has.
Zilla, don't you do it! I ordered 4/1 and my car shipped 6/8. Yours should be right behind mine by a week or so. You KNOW you really want the 2011 so give up the dream. Stay the course!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
SHELBY GT 350 Member
S197 Member

Ford will stop production on the line if anthing will hold it up. The arm rests are not coming in on time. That stops the line. If any quality issue comes up the line stops.

JLT CAI/BAMA tune,moto blue pullies,3:73`s,LPW girdle;Powerhouse DS,CHE safety loop,CHE LCA`S & Adjustable UCA,Kooks LT`S & O/R X Pipe,prothane MM`s,Steeda CMDP`S,Eibach springs,Tokico D specs,Polished TB(by Me),Steeda radiator support,Zex kit 100 shot. Taylor Relocation battery kit and cut off switch,PTC converter,Bogarts and Hosier QTP`S.
11:903 ET, 1.67 60`,111.897 MPH
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBill View Post
In fact, I think a lot of orders that we all think are retail are really stock. As I've heard before, if your name doesn't appear on the window sticker, than more then likely it's a stock order. Anyone of authority, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not of authority but that can't be right. My name never appeared on my window sticker but my dealer gave me a printout of the dealer order. The print out clearly showed that the order was a "retail," "priority 11" order. Now there was a period of time when dealerships were taking orders prior to Ford's "permission to sell" date. Those orders were probably either entered as stock orders or held until the "permission to sell" date and inputed as retail orders at that time.
Apprentice

Quote:
My dealer told me only X/Z/Z plan orders get a persons name. Ordinary retail orders won't see a name. He seems very honest and told me my car was placed as retail and sure enough my name is not visible on the sticker.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
Rookie

Quote:

In the window sticker box designated "Item number", if the last number is a 1 it is retail, 2 is stock. Mine is "2".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page