Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Ford's response about production hold (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/239888-fords-response-about-production-hold.html)

wannapony 06-07-2010 12:03 PM

Ford's response about production hold

I sent Ford this email:

I've ordered a 2011 Mustang GT Premium from Ford of Kirkland, in Kirkland, WA. I just got a VIN, but the dealer says there is a producton hold. What is the reason for the hold, and when will it be resolved? From reading the Mustang forums, there seem to be numerous people complaining about their 2011 Mustangs being stuck on hold forever at Ramp 51. Is that the same problem, or are there multiple problems?

Ford's response was:

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the order status of your 2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium.

We sincerely apologize for the delay on the delivery of your 2011 Ford Mustang. In an effort to assist you, I have researched on your inquiry and our records indicate that your vehicle order is being processed.

Please be advised that there are a great number of variables that may affect production scheduling and delivery:

- Option packages
- Special powertrain combinations
- Delivery delays of components
- Certification and quality inspections
- Transportation of the vehicle to the specified Dealership

As such, it is not possible to guarantee a specific delivery date. Your sales representative at your selling Dealership is in the best position to track your vehicle order. We recommend contacting the Dealership's Sales Department for further assistance in this matter.

Thank you for contacting Ford.

Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673 between the hours of 8am and 5pm, local time, Monday through Friday. Hearing-impaired callers with access to a TDD may contact 1-800-232-5952.

Sincerely,
Marigold
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company

Looks like a pretty generic response - only slightly better than no response. So, kick back and wait.

CorvetteDreamin 06-07-2010 12:42 PM

A computer could have sent that based on your inquiry. There's absolutely nothing special in that response.

mfbris 06-07-2010 02:59 PM

That's Ford's generic BS form letter they send to shut you up.

adspru 06-07-2010 08:34 PM

As many know, I work at a dealership. I had the oppertunity to talk with our regional rep on the phone today. He stated more or less that there were several powertrain issues they were resoloving. He also stated that the issues are not that big, but that the "new" person in charge of QC will not let the cars leave until they are perfect. Said even just a few years ago these cars may have shipped out and then been recalled or TSB'd. Also recieved a email.

"The vehicle is on quality control hold for various reason. As soon as the physical "re-works" have been done the vehicles will be released. They have not given us an ETA, but I will keep you posted."

I guess the fact that they are not "big" issues is a good thing, but I don't like not knowing what's going on either. I am slightly confused about the hold, as he stated they were not being released yet, but it seems to me that some are getting fixed and then being released after the "re-works"

Also, my car was sent offsite again, this time it says it went to "Jefferson" anyone else have their car go there?
:frustrated:

ModularMuscle 06-07-2010 09:35 PM

I heard Ford had to recall the 2011 for being "Too Badass!" :bigthumbsup

drew2000 06-07-2010 10:18 PM

"Marigold" sounds like a name the IT data guys would give a server...

SJPONY 06-08-2010 08:53 AM

I'm glad I'm waiting for the 2012 or late 2011 model. I don't want to have to deal with the issues. And, there likely will be issues after they release them, which is typical of a new powertrain.

2011CS 06-08-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJPONY (Post 2097475)
I'm glad I'm waiting for the 2012 or late 2011 model. I don't want to have to deal with the issues. And, there likely will be issues after they release them, which is typical of a new powertrain.

Glad your waiting a year to avoid waiting 2 months and maybe one extra dealership visit for tweaks?

okay

Old Shadow 06-08-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2011CS (Post 2097541)
Glad your waiting a year to avoid waiting 2 months and maybe one extra dealership visit for tweaks?

okay

Or maybe zero visits with the QC checks in place. I hope! lol!

Ebony5.0 06-08-2010 10:13 AM

I'll Add a New Rumor

I also heard a new rumor last night. When I was first shopping the 2011, I went to several dealerships and ultimately ordered from the one that USAA has a price agreement with. Last night, I got a call from the sales manager of one of the other dealerships that I had been looking at.

He told me that he was calling to let me know that 5.0's were at a trickle and that he still didn't have any on his lot. I told him not to worry about it and that I'd already ordered one. We got to talking about the trickle and he told me the following:

He said that, in the past, he could always check the status of vehicles in the vehicle tracking system and that, if there was a quality hold, it usually said so in the system. In this case, as you all already know, the cars aren't showing any hold in the system. They're just showing up as essentially parked wherever they are. The sales manager told me that the rumor is that Ford has surged all of their shipping capabilities to the new Festiva, which is already having an add campaign blitz. Apparently, Ford wants to have 30-40 Festivas on most dealer lots ASAP. The sales manager also said that, while people are lined up 2 deep for Mustangs, they're lined up 4 deep for Festivas. While this is just another rumor, I suppose its as believeable as the others.

HokieCodeMonkey 06-08-2010 11:39 AM

What pisses me off to no end is the fact that Ford is shipping all of these stock dealer orders while the retail custom orders are being left in the dust. Each retail order has a man with a check waiting to buy it. Why would you send out stock orders that might not be purchased for another 6-12 months when you could send out all the custom orders are already locked to a buyer?

I've said it before, there is a clear solution to this hold.

YouTube - FIX IT

Blubyu 06-08-2010 12:19 PM

LOL ha ha Hokie!!

11 GT 06-08-2010 12:21 PM

I checked with my dealer yesterday,he looked it up on the dealer tracking system and nothing came up whats up with that? my car is suppost to be in today. but it probably wont. oh well ill wait. as long as its nothing like the 99 cobra recall.

zilla8 06-08-2010 01:19 PM

Well hears my situation,ordered 2011 GT base on 4/17 and past a couple ETA dates with the latest being 6/1.I'm giving it another two weeks and then I may get a 2010 that my dealer has.

I have'nt had a new Mustang in 20 years so a 2010 would be just fine:) If I do get the 10 I'm going to supercharge it and call it a day.It's a Silver GT premium 5spd with trackpack and comfort pkg

I was offered 6K off sticker back in April when I ordered the 2011 but I'm sure they will do atleast 7-8K at this point.We'll see how things shake out but I'm reddy to enjoy a V8 Mustang again:bigthumbsup

Blubyu 06-08-2010 01:42 PM

just wait zilla8, it will be in shortly I ordered 3/29 and still waiting some guys in February are still waiting! Just be patient and they will be here before we know it! LOL okay I know that did not help! :)