Tape Stripe Delete? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Tape Stripe Delete?

Hi guys,

First post here. I've been reading the forums as I've been preparing to order my 5.0 (heck yes!).

On my order, which I haven't submitted yet, I see " 46D TAPE STRIPE DEL " on it. What is this? I'm not sure if i want it.

- I'm getting a GT premium if that helps out.

Thanks in advance.

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

It's the option of not having that Mustang stripe that is normally installed on the bottom part of the door on both sides of the car.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOhSix View Post
It's the option of not having that Mustang stripe that is normally installed on the bottom part of the door on both sides of the car.
Is this applicable to the GT? I looked at the order guide and it only shows up as a V6 option. Don't know why the salesman would put it on there.

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Well, I've actually only seen it on V6s too. I don't thing you get the stripe on the GTs. the delete might just be part of the GT package. Anyhow, I just like the mustangs better without. Mine has them it always have the itch to remove them.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOhSix View Post
Well, I've actually only seen it on V6s too. I don't thing you get the stripe on the GTs. the delete might just be part of the GT package. Anyhow, I just like the mustangs better without. Mine has them it always have the itch to remove them.
Yah I asked the salesperson and he said he didn't know why it was on the order. I guess its okay since it will ensure its definitely not on there? Lol.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Although the GT does not have stripes on it, if that Box is not checked you cannot order it with the optional Over The Top Stripes or the Hood and Side Stripes.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page