Don't know that anyone has posted this particular link regarding this package; I recall seeing one or two posts about it but nothing specifically from Ford. I've joined a number of forums these past two weeks as I research buying a 2011 Mustang V6 convertible, and found this on a Ford-direct site: 2011 FORD MUSTANG V-6 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE BOOSTS HANDLING, BRAKING; CAR NOW ROAD-COURSE READY | Ford Motor Company Newsroom
“The new Performance Package delivers on fast, fun and affordable, combining the all-new 2011 V-6 with Mustang GT prowess,” said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief nameplate engineer. “It’s a true sports car for the new generation and a smart choice for the environmentally-conscious enthusiast. It is a perfect marriage of power, performance and value.”
Borrowing from the Mustang GT, the Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the car’s slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.
2011 Mustang Performance Package upgrades include:
- A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
- Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
- Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
- Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
- Unique 19-inch wheels
- Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
- Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
- A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
- Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving
- Unique badging
The 2011 Mustang V-6 Performance Package will be available beginning late next summer, built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7-liter V-6 will be built at Ford’s retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.