71 MPH in a 40 MPH Posted - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
S197 Member

Ha. I got pulled in WV going to visit my gf in Ohio. I have an 07 GT in "Arrest Me" red, btw. Cop clocked me at 73 is a 60 (or 78 in a 65) or something like that. I told the officer I thought all highways in WV were 75. Dude had crossed the median to get me and all I could think about was how WVU hated my Alma mater Virginia Tech (of which I had a license plate frame of on the car). Dude came back, handed me my license and complimented my car. "Nice car you've got here - nice leather seats." Have had the car since Oct 06. No tickets. BOW!

2011 5.0 Race Red w/ Black Racing Stripes - Roush axle backs - Roush billet shift knob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cficare View Post
Ha. I got pulled in WV going to visit my gf in Ohio. I have an 07 GT in "Arrest Me" red, btw. Cop clocked me at 73 is a 60 (or 78 in a 65) or something like that. I told the officer I thought all highways in WV were 75. Dude had crossed the median to get me and all I could think about was how WVU hated my Alma mater Virginia Tech (of which I had a license plate frame of on the car). Dude came back, handed me my license and complimented my car. "Nice car you've got here - nice leather seats." Have had the car since Oct 06. No tickets. BOW!
The WV cop probably didn't go to college. . . no dog in THAT fight.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan0490 View Post
I would like to attempt something like this.. I wonder if it would work the same way here and how I would get that contact info.

I'm brand new to Mesa, so I am unfamiliar with the entire city.

I tried looking up the complaint # on the court website just now and it says it can't be found so I guess it may take a while for the ticket to be put into the system.

Find out what the town court phone # and address that's nearest to where you got pulled over is. Then just call them and ask if the DA will plea bargain your ticket. The person will then just transfer you to the DA. Worth a try.

PONY Member

Biker cops blow! They are usually hiding behind some bush waiting for a tax paying citizen to come by so they can give him/her a ticket. Today it's more about sucking off the city and making sure they are happy. It's not about catching criminals anymore. Cops are modern day meter maids. Nothing noble about that! More like, I was picked on throughout high school and now it's my turn to take it out on someone else.

Figured a cop rant was suitable here!

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
Biker cops blow! They are usually hiding behind some bush waiting for a tax paying citizen to come by so they can give him/her a ticket. Today it's more about sucking off the city and making sure they are happy. It's not about catching criminals anymore. Cops are modern day meter maids. Nothing noble about that! More like, I was picked on throughout high school and now it's my turn to take it out on someone else.

Figured a cop rant was suitable here!
Day shift = revenue
Evening shift = accidents
Night shift = drunks

What shift do you think most cops work?

PONY Member
S197 Member

I had a similar run in with a Maricopa County Sheriff off of Carefree Highway. I way doing 157mph in a 55mph zone. I was blatantly speeding, not one of those " had no idea I was going that fast" situations.

To my good fortune he did not have me on radar, he just chased after me and I pulled over right away.

He wrote me a ticket for "Exhibition of Speed", and for 67mph in a 55 zone. The Exhibition of Speed is a violation that you NEVER want on your record. It's roughly 2 years without a license, and some minor jail time. I went and fought it with the states attorney who was prosecuting me. I ended up paying $485.00 for the 12mph over, and got the criminal charges dropped. It was a bad experience, but totally my fault.

I don't think it would be wise to fight it, because I think you run the risk of getting additional charges if you are ultimately found guilty. Pay the ticket and learn whatever lesson you need to teach yourself. Getting caught sucks for sure, but a speeding ticket is not the end of the world.

GLAD TO SEE ANOTHER PHOENIX MEMBER ON HERE! WELCOME!

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
Rookie
S197 Member

I remember my first speeding ticket. 85 in a 45. Ended up paying 400+ for the ticket and course to keep it off my record. That was in Florida, Tennessee is much less lenient.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularMuscle View Post
I had a similar run in with a Maricopa County Sheriff off of Carefree Highway. I way doing 157mph in a 55mph zone. I was blatantly speeding, not one of those " had no idea I was going that fast" situations.

<snip>
Clearly the deputy was envious and just wanted to see if he could catch you. :p

Next time, tell him, "Deputy, that was not an exhibition of speed. That was a demonstration of you being owned." :p I'll send my phone number for bail via a PM.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
Clearly the deputy was envious and just wanted to see if he could catch you. :p

Next time, tell him, "Deputy, that was not an exhibition of speed. That was a demonstration of you being owned." :p I'll send my phone number for bail via a PM.
I don't think he would have caught me, but I wasn't wanting to make the evening news on that one. I don't want to be "That guy"

We had a guy here in Phoenix that got arrested for doing 217mph in a 65mph zone with his Lambo LP640. They didn't "catch" him, they had to research who the heck it was....sadly there were only 3 of them registered in Phoenix so it didn't take long to narrow down who it was. Apparently he was trying to prove to people online that it could go faster than the 213mph the magazines said it was rated for or whatever.

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
Apprentice

HA HA HA HA... that's AWESOME but definitely not something you could convict a guy on. A) how could they positively ID that it was a LP640 at that speed vice just a "regular" Lambo. Second, once the officer loses sight of the car there's always the "there was another one" defense. And it DOES work.

Did he scan the ticket and post it on the 'net?

Wasn't there a guy in Minnesota that got a ticket on a motorcycle for going 205 MPH... even though the bike couldn't possibly go that fast?

Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Go to court and see the judge. you can ask them what the maximum "punishment" is. after you know what that is ask for a delay or extension (you don't have to tell them guilty or not guilty) make a decision if you want to fight the ticket or not and get information. I delayed a ticket 3 times once and eventually the judge reduced my fine from $350 to $100.
Rookie
S197 Member

In Texas in 2003 a guy driving the CCX holds the record for the fastest speeding ticket at 242 mph in a 75 mph zone.

heres the link

Fastest Speeding Ticket Ever: 242mph in a 75mph Zone. (Only 167mph Over) - The Ford Focus Forum | Powered by Focaljet
PONY Member

How do you get a ticket at 242mph? That's borderline helicopter speed... But even so it takes 8 minutes or so for a helicopter to get out there. Even at 157mph I don't see how they could catch you. If you fly by a cop doing 157mph it would probably take them a minute just to get up to 140mph. By that time you should be long gone..

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
Apprentice

Always fight speeding tickets. I paid a lawyer $50 to go to court for me. He got the offense reduced to some sort of parking violation. It then cost me an extra $100 on the violation but then it did not show on my driving record. The insurance savings more than made up for the extra $150 bucks.

All they want is the money. Speeding tickets are a targeted tax. They don't save lives and they don't make the road safer. If they wanted to do that they would pull people over who tailgate or change lanes without using a blinker or get old people off the road or people who drive slow in the fast lane talking on a cell phone (inattentive driving btw) or a million other things that are illegal to do that would make a difference but are much harder to enforce.
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
Always fight speeding tickets. I paid a lawyer $50 to go to court for me. He got the offense reduced to some sort of parking violation. It then cost me an extra $100 on the violation but then it did not show on my driving record. The insurance savings more than made up for the extra $150 bucks.

All they want is the money. Speeding tickets are a targeted tax. They don't save lives and they don't make the road safer. If they wanted to do that they would pull people over who tailgate or change lanes without using a blinker or get old people off the road or people who drive slow in the fast lane talking on a cell phone (inattentive driving btw) or a million other things that are illegal to do that would make a difference but are much harder to enforce.
I would like to go the lawyer route but around here you need to pay money just to talk to a lawyer as far as I know. How did you find a lawyer you could talk to about it before even paying?

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page