1,000 Miles and 16.5 MPG on the new 5.0 - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
 
1BADCOYOTE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Cumming
Posts: 326
 
1,000 Miles and 16.5 MPG on the new 5.0

Title pretty much says it all. I just turned 1,000 miles on the OD last night. Have not had any problems at all with the car and mine was produced 5-8-10. In regards to the MPG I have really been driving this vehicle quite hard and am having lots of fun. This vehicle is more fun to drive than the 2008 GT500 I had; lighter, better balanced and incredible handling.


2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
1BADCOYOTE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
PONY Member
 
MUSTANG2011GTTG's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Hastings
Posts: 319
 
You are so very lucky to have your car! Mine looks like it will be deleivered soon: here is what the Ford databases now says as of 9 am est on 6/11/2010 : Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 10ht046 (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-11-2010, 08:42 ET May-12-2010 Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 10ht046 (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-11-2010, 08:42 ET May-12-2010


2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
MUSTANG2011GTTG is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
Rookie
5.0L Member
 
stang15's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 27
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANG2011GTTG View Post
You are so very lucky to have your car! Mine looks like it will be deleivered soon: here is what the Ford databases now says as of 9 am est on 6/11/2010 : Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 10ht046 (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-11-2010, 08:42 ET May-12-2010 Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 10ht046 (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-11-2010, 08:42 ET May-12-2010
How did you know what your status was? It looks like you've copied and pasted that information from somewhere.

Thanks!
stang15 is offline  
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
Rookie
 
GTMustang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 7
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSTANG2011GTTG View Post
You are so very lucky to have your car! Mine looks like it will be deleivered soon: here is what the Ford databases now says as of 9 am est on 6/11/2010 : Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 10ht046 (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-11-2010, 08:42 ET May-12-2010 Awaiting Shipment Origin Received - 10ht046 (Allied Systems Ltd )Ramp 5P, Flat Rock, MIJun-11-2010, 08:42 ET May-12-2010
IS there a way to track our vehicles that are in transit directly?

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Prem/Manual/Black/401A/Electronics/Security/HIDs/Comfort/19" Mach Alum/Rear Vid Cam
GTMustang is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
Apprentice
 
Anthony412hp's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Middletown
Posts: 68
 
If there's a way to track my cars status can you forward me the link or # or whatever....My dealer has no info for me.....Thanks, Anthony
Anthony412hp is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
Rookie
 
Ccbusa09's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Carson City
Posts: 38
 
Thanks for posting your findings after 1000 miles! These are the kind of reports/reviews I'm keeping an eye out for!
Now go out there and change that oil and filter! Yeah, I know they say newer engines don't need that initial early changeout these days, but regardless, I plan to do it at 1000 miles when I get mine. Is it true the sump now takes 10 quarts? Yikes, gotta get me a larger oil drain pan at Walmart!
Ccbusa09 is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
 
1BADCOYOTE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Cumming
Posts: 326
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccbusa09 View Post
Thanks for posting your findings after 1000 miles! These are the kind of reports/reviews I'm keeping an eye out for!
Now go out there and change that oil and filter! Yeah, I know they say newer engines don't need that initial early changeout these days, but regardless, I plan to do it at 1000 miles when I get mine. Is it true the sump now takes 10 quarts? Yikes, gotta get me a larger oil drain pan at Walmart!
8QTS. Will switch to Mobil 1 at approx 2k miles. Ford manuals are now saying change oil every year or 10,000 miles. 10k on an oil change?! This is what happens when bean counters make service recommendations.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
1BADCOYOTE is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
Timeless's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Columbia
Posts: 833
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDMOPAR70 View Post
8QTS. Will switch to Mobil 1 at approx 2k miles. Ford manuals are now saying change oil every year or 10,000 miles. 10k on an oil change?! This is what happens when bean counters make service recommendations.
Cars that take full synthetic have recommended 10-12k oil changes for a while.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
Timeless is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1