I dont wash my cars enough-less of 2 evils:black or red candy gt cs - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I dont wash my cars enough-less of 2 evils:black or red candy gt cs

My cars are usually past due on a good wash/wax. Last 2 cars were white so not going there. Love the rims and carbon interior.

The Silent Majority always get slaughtered! It's always the small minority radicals that impose their will on the majority who don't speak up!
Americans have nothing to apologize for except for letting progressives force their will on the majority. :run_over:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Why bother having a nice car if you're not gonna take care of it?

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The Less of the 2 Evils would be the Red Candy IMO, since black will show all the dirt.
But then again 1 you didn't even mention is Grabber Blue, drive it all week in the rain and from 50 feet still looks clean.
Now time to go clean up the car, even though it is raining, I love having a Garage

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
ModsStang

I have no idea which color would be best for a filthy car....

I know people fall either way with this, but I agree with Dennis!

It's pride in ownership ... or at the very least bring it to the car wash...
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I have a black truck. Get the red.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
PONY Member

Currently I have a gray car and you can't see the dirt unless you are right up on it, however I wash my car at least every other week.

With that said I would not go with black since it is the worst with showing dirt. The sterling gray would be an excellent choice. Ingot silver and maybe the red candy would be a good choice.

Personally, I would just wash the car more and get the color you really want or take it to a car wash to keep it relatively clean.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
PONY Member
S197 Member

No color looks good on a nice car if its dirty..

Its like, every time I see someone driving a newer Vette , and its dirty, I think, why bother...Drive something cheap and run it into the ground

If a person spends good money on a car, using a car wash is a small investment on a regular basis so the car does not lose its value..

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to Delta ACM
To me black is the best, even when dirty

2008 Mustang BuLLiTT - \/8 - 5speed manual
3.5” Antenna / SHR quarter back louvers / Eibach Pro Kit / Smoked Tails & Front Bumper Lights / 15% Window Tint.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
BOSS Member

Garage
Get Black. It's real easy to keep clean.

Shadow Black 2018 GT 10R80-355
PONY Member

Black is easy to keep clean, I second that motion. Dirt has a hard time hiding. When I was younger, I swore I'd never buy another black car and I've stuck to it.......... I bought 2 of them.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Apprentice

Don't get black. I wash and waxed my BLACK GT and even before I was done waxing it I saw dirt (pollen, etc) that fell on it while I was waxing it.

2013 Mustang GT Prem, over the top stripe, 3.73s, Comfort Package, Secuirty Package, spolier, GT500 mufflers
Rookie

Take a look at this company for a cleaning solution that works well for me and doesn't take long if you don't want it to

Speed Shine® - Griot's Garage
GT Member

Don't let these people push you around

I am 63 yo. At this age, I don't have the money, the care, or the energy to keep my car clean.

My car is a silver color. Works pretty well with some dirt on it. Doesn't show much.

Black can look nasty when dirty, but why not just pick the color which pleases you most....when the car is new and clean. You're the one who walks up to it every day. What, of all the available colors is going to make you feel good and maybe even smile when you walk up to your car ? That's the color to pick.

And just where are you in relation to your car most of the time. You are inside it, looking out. Keep the inside of the windshield clean, wash the outside of it with the washers and wipers...that's all that should really count to you.

Personally, I now pride myself in keeping my car somewhat dirty most of the time. Proves to people I'm not anal. Maybe even makes me look wealthier than I am because I don't have to care about looks if I don't want to do so.:smoke:
Apprentice

I own three cars and all of them sport a nice sheen of Oklahoma red clay. I gave up trying to keep them clean years ago. The still run fine and are fun to drive.
PONY Member

Had a Black showcar 18 feet long & chrome everywhere.The Black looks amazing when it's finally clean but have a duster handy!

Here is a pic by the way i sold this car to buy the Mustang 5.0!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	046.JPG
Views:	2153
Size:	571.3 KB
ID:	101968  

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page