2011 V6 Coupe - Black Billet/Side Scoops/Pony Emblem/Rocker Stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

2011 V6 Coupe - Black Billet/Side Scoops/Pony Emblem/Rocker Stripes

Just got my 2011 V6 a couple weeks back and threw on a American Muscle black Billet yesterday and side scoops. Also put the side emblems and lower stripe. I ordered a stock one that only came with the rear spoiler.

Anyone have any suggestions on an Exhaust system? I'm thinking about Magnaflow Competition 15592 catback... Probably this next week. Wondering if anyone has put one on their 2011 V6 yet...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
Apprentice

Nice Ride. Good Job on your mods. Enjoy.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010
PONY Member

i would say wait a while to mod it. this is all brand new. in a few months so many options will be available for mods. dont waste money now cause new stuff will come out soon and youll regret waiting.

2013 Boss 302

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks guys for the input. I definitely will not be doing many performance mods to the vehicle like computer chip or intake yet. They just don't seem to be available yet. From the videos Magnaflow has on youtube regarding the competition and street exaust systems, they sound great!

I know Borla has a system that I can't find on sale yet... I think I might just throw the exhaust on for $650 and hold off on further mods until some time goes by.

Is Magnaflow pretty good/reputable? The only other car I had like this was a 99 Camaro and threw a Flowmaster on it.

What do you guys think the performance increase would be on my V6 HP/Torque wise with a Magnaflow catback exhaust system on it?

Thanks.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice

I love the billet, looks real sharp. How hard is it to install one of these?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBatty View Post
I love the billet, looks real sharp. How hard is it to install one of these?
Well definitely DON'T follow the instructions on American Muscle if you buy it from them. The instructions don't tell you that you actually have to cut out a portion of your existing grill in order to mount the billet onto it. They make it look like you remove the original and screw in the new one.

I actually had my dealership install it for me. They charged me (including the top/bottom grille) $320. So for me it was worth it in case they messed things up they'd be responsible. The dealership called American Muscle who admitted their instructions for the Black Billet Pony Delete Grill was "incorrect".

If you're good at doing mods, it's probably pretty easy, but I really didn't want to screw it up on my new baby LOL.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette View Post
Well definitely DON'T follow the instructions on American Muscle if you buy it from them. The instructions don't tell you that you actually have to cut out a portion of your existing grill in order to mount the billet onto it. They make it look like you remove the original and screw in the new one.

I actually had my dealership install it for me. They charged me (including the top/bottom grille) $320. So for me it was worth it in case they messed things up they'd be responsible. The dealership called American Muscle who admitted their instructions for the Black Billet Pony Delete Grill was "incorrect".

If you're good at doing mods, it's probably pretty easy, but I really didn't want to screw it up on my new baby LOL.
$320 for install? Sorry. Not sure how Ford charged you $320 for grille AND install if you can order them yourself from AM and get 6% discount as well. That'd still be about $170 for install.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ireallycare View Post
$320 for install? Sorry. Not sure how Ford charged you $320 for grille AND install if you can order them yourself from AM and get 6% discount as well. That'd still be about $170 for install.
Yeah, I didn't say it was cheap to have them do it, but you figure a dealership is going to charge you approx $80 bucks an hour and they're gonna do at least a couple hours.

But I get a 3yr/36000 mile warranty on the aftermarket install. So if it falls off or something, they're going to warranty it.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010
Rookie

That grill looks really nice. Silver looks classy too! Which dealer did you get the stang from?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinFG2 View Post
That grill looks really nice. Silver looks classy too! Which dealer did you get the stang from?
San Tan Ford over in Gilbert. They have a pretty good supply of convertibles coming in. Was kind of limited on what color I could get, actually bought the car while it was still on the truck being delivered. Had to wait a few days to get it, but it was either Silver or White.. I had white Camaro before and really wanted the Ingot or the darker silver this time around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page