Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   2011 Ford Mustang GT "RTR Edition" (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/241140-2011-ford-mustang-gt-rtr-edition.html)

jmorin.0291 06-14-2010 07:35 AM

2011 Ford Mustang GT "RTR Edition"

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/articles/mustang-rtr-package-drifts-into-ford-dealerships-1339.shtml

Is it just me or is that thing dead sexy?

I'm glad to see that Ford finally decided to make a rebuttal to all those import owners who claim that American cars can't drift. The guy who worked with Ford on the design is apparently in contention for the championship in the drifting world, so apparently mustangs can do a lot more than just straight line fun.

I saw this quote on someone's signature and I thought it was hilarious so I decided to re-post it here, it seems fitting:

"Though I walk through the valley of the rice, I will fear no turbo, for torque art with me"

Anyways, I just wanted to know what everyone thinks about this controversial new addition to the ever expanding mustang line. Thoughts, concerns, comments? I would love to hear from you.

Thanks.

F91 06-14-2010 10:34 AM

05silverstangv6 06-14-2010 10:40 AM

man that thing is sexy i like those wheels. what kinda price$ does that package add and what does RTR stand for?

02silverstang 06-14-2010 11:33 AM

That package is super nice. Only thing I would do is delete the graphics if I could.

Honestly though if I had $40K to spend, there'd be a 5.0L Premium with the RTR package on order from Ford right now lol.

HeroNtheShadows 06-14-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05silverstangv6 (Post 2106172)
man that thing is sexy i like those wheels. what kinda price$ does that package add and what does RTR stand for?

The wheels are pretty nice....

RTR= Rape the Ricers :D

PriceFord 06-14-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05silverstangv6 (Post 2106172)

Oddly enough, I just got off the phone with Vaughn - he is currently leading the Formula D season points after his season opening win at Longbeach and then a second place finish in Atlanta and another second place finish in Wall, NJ!

RTR stands for "Ready To Rock" - one of JR's many catch phrases.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. (JR for short) is an energy machine! I was speaking to him about the release date of the RTR... and to make sure that he was ready to ship me the package so I could have it ready by the Monroe, WA Evergreen Speedway event in July!

They should be shipping shortly and I will have them available as soon as they are released - I believe he is simply waiting on the marketing packages. If you are interested in an RTR - give me a call or drop me an email and I will keep you informed as to the availability.

Doppler 06-14-2010 05:11 PM

Does this mean I will be able to order parts of this package individually? I'm not so much interested in the appearance aspects as I am the suspension, tires, and tune (CA legal?).

jmorin.0291 06-15-2010 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PriceFord (Post 2106503)
Oddly enough, I just got off the phone with Vaughn - he is currently leading the Formula D season points after his season opening win at Longbeach and then a second place finish in Atlanta and another second place finish in Wall, NJ!

RTR stands for "Ready To Rock" - one of JR's many catch phrases.

Vaughn Gittin Jr. (JR for short) is an energy machine! I was speaking to him about the release date of the RTR... and to make sure that he was ready to ship me the package so I could have it ready by the Monroe, WA Evergreen Speedway event in July!

They should be shipping shortly and I will have them available as soon as they are released - I believe he is simply waiting on the marketing packages. If you are interested in an RTR - give me a call or drop me an email and I will keep you informed as to the availability.

Along with Doppler, I too am interested in if I can purchase the wheels separately. I already have a decent suspension from the Bullitt package but am wondering if the RTR wheels will fit my '08...

2Rowdy 06-15-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doppler (Post 2106578)
Does this mean I will be able to order parts of this package individually? I'm not so much interested in the appearance aspects as I am the suspension, tires, and tune (CA legal?).

You'll be able to get the tune and handling package thru Ford Racing.