Hold on the V6? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Hold on the V6?

Hello,

I ordered a 2011 V6 Premium auto w/ 3.31 rear axle on 5/3 and my order is still in processing, I don't even have a VIN yet. I know most of you guys have been waiting a lot longer than that, but I was under the impression that the hold was only on the 5.0.

I have noticed a few guys here who have placed their orders around the time I did already have a VIN and a build date/ETA. Is anyone else waiting longer than expected to get their V6 built?

Thanks,

Joe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
Apprentice

You can't have a car that isn't built on hold. If you don't have a VIN, that's an order problem, not a build problem.

Query your dealer and find out when the order was placed. If you can get his order # and dealer ID you can call Ford CS and get the VIN/status.

That said, LOTS of Mustangs that have been built are on hold, including V6's. Ford CS says they'll be shipped out by late July.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkyJohnson View Post
Hello,

I ordered a 2011 V6 Premium auto w/ 3.31 rear axle on 5/3 and my order is still in processing, I don't even have a VIN yet. I know most of you guys have been waiting a lot longer than that, but I was under the impression that the hold was only on the 5.0.

I have noticed a few guys here who have placed their orders around the time I did already have a VIN and a build date/ETA. Is anyone else waiting longer than expected to get their V6 built?

Thanks,

Joe

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
PONY Member

I agree with CorvetteDreamin, if you're waiting for your dealership to keep you up to date don't hold your breathe. The only thing I've heard from my dealership was last week when they told me I'd have my car by the end of the month, which I already knew because I call Ford CS about every week for updates.
Call Ford CS, give them your dealer code and order #. Sometimes they also ask for the body style # and order date, but it depends on the person you're talking to.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
Apprentice

As for a hold on produced V6 cars (and this may be total BS); my dealer claims that mine is on hold because it is missing an a-pillar trim piece.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
PONY Member

Don't get impatient yet. I ordered mine on 1 Apr and it shipped 8 June and was on a rail car. Passed through Cincinnatti last Thursday. Expect it this week!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
Apprentice

I waited over three months for mine and finally said enough is enough and bought a new 10 GT with all the options I had ordered on the V6. The 10's right now are a pretty good deal.

2010 Mustang GT, black on black, 19 inch painted wheels, auto, comfort package, rear view camera, glass roof.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
As for a hold on produced V6 cars (and this may be total BS); my dealer claims that mine is on hold because it is missing an a-pillar trim piece.
It can't possibly STILL be waiting for that piece. Not with another 5,000+ cars built since yours. . .
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
It can't possibly STILL be waiting for that piece. Not with another 5,000+ cars built since yours. . .
This is why I think that either the info I got is incorrect or it is buried in a lot somewhere waiting to get to the surface. Who knows.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
This is why I think that either the info I got is incorrect or it is buried in a lot somewhere waiting to get to the surface. Who knows.
Odd, I heard the same things about my order, it was stuck for two weeks on Ramp 51 and then another week on 5P, but currently in transit (apparently passed Elko, NV as the last known location this morning), heading towards NoCal. My car was built the week of May 17 (ordered late Feb). Can it be the same trim piece for the coupe and the convertible, and if so what kind of "interesting" queue system are they trying to implement - last in, first out?? Not very fair for the ones ordering early on..

/wj

2011 Mustang V6 Premium MCA Convertible, Sterling Grey/Stone, Auto, Comfort Pkg, BAMA tuning (91P FTW!), factory front and rear quarter-panel 6x8" speakers replaced with Infinity Kappa 6829cf, door subs replaced with Earthquake SWS-8x, Alpine PDX-5 amp & PXE-H660 processor...
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerj View Post
Odd, I heard the same things about my order, it was stuck for two weeks on Ramp 51 and then another week on 5P, but currently in transit (apparently passed Elko, NV as the last known location this morning), heading towards NoCal. My car was built the week of May 17 (ordered late Feb). Can it be the same trim piece for the coupe and the convertible, and if so what kind of "interesting" queue system are they trying to implement - last in, first out?? Not very fair for the ones ordering early on..

/wj
I'm interested in this Ramp 5P part. That's where my car is now. Been sitting there for a week as of today. How long exactly did you stay there before you got moving?
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
I'm interested in this Ramp 5P part. That's where my car is now. Been sitting there for a week as of today. How long exactly did you stay there before you got moving?
I'm not sure exactly, I only have the entire history up to the point that it got stuck at 5P, but I know this:

Released from production May 22
In transit Ramp 51 May 22
Awaiting shipment, Origin Received - A27 (Autoport Limited) Ramp 5P June 3

and then I know it arrived in Gibson, IN junction point June 9, which means it most likely shipped out of 5P June 8 or June 9, which is really less than a week... Doesn't seem like a constant delay over there.

Still no delivery here though, it's got to be close now as it's been on a United Road Service truck for more than 3 days now, and it's a 40 mile drive perhaps.. :/

/wj

2011 Mustang V6 Premium MCA Convertible, Sterling Grey/Stone, Auto, Comfort Pkg, BAMA tuning (91P FTW!), factory front and rear quarter-panel 6x8" speakers replaced with Infinity Kappa 6829cf, door subs replaced with Earthquake SWS-8x, Alpine PDX-5 amp & PXE-H660 processor...
GT Member

I've been looking for 5.0 manuals and they are impossible to find, but there are a TON of 2011 V-6s on the lots around here.
Rookie

I figured I would put some information here, just to help out others in a similar situation.

I ordered my V6 at the end of April. Last I heard from my dealer its eta was 6/15. Well, that day came and went and no car. So I called my dealer again today (6/18) and they are now telling me they will be surprised if the car comes in before the end of the month. Then I called Ford CS, and they told me the car was "in transit" and the eta was 6/25 (one week from today). The CS person (who, as always, was extremely polite), told me that there was a hold earlier this month, but all the cars were released, and they are shipping them in the order they were ordered.

This is why my car is delayed. My car was not on hold, but it got put in the shipping line behind the cars that were on hold.

I asked the CS person if she could tell me specifically where my car was, and she said she couldn't. Unlike many dealers, my dealer has no clue what is going on, so I'm not even going to waste my time trying to have them track the train or anything.

This is a frustrating process. I wish they would just tell me exactly where my car is, so I could chill out some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page