Is the interior w/ accents really worth $400? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Post Is the interior w/ accents really worth $400?

I have already ordered my new 2011 Mustang, but my dealer said if I want to change anythhing that I need to let her know now before it is built. So the one thing that has been bothering me is the seats with or without the accents. I ordered the charcoal seats without accents bc I couldn't see the point in spending $400 on a little white stripe down the middle and 2 little pony "badges". Is there more padding in them or what? Are they more comfortable? Can anyone please explain to me the difference other than that and if anyone does have them please tell me if it is really worth the extra money. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
The Dash is slightly different. and I think you get a different Pony Color on the Grill.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

plus ambient lighting is included as well as aluminated door sills. look at my profile pics for better idea

2011 Black GT Premium
Auto, 401A, Shaker 1000, Comfort Package,
18 inch rims, 50/50 Window Tint, Mrt
Rear hinged window louvers, 5.0 Flowmaster
American Thunders.
Boss Quad Exhaust
Ordered 2/9/10
Arrived 4/29/10

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

ambient lighting comes standard with premium cars. It only changes the door panels with the chrome pony and different padding, and the seats, and the dash, and Shifter Knob!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

Just my opinion, but I don't think 401A is worth it (the interior w/ accents color you speak of.) MAYBE if the accent color by definition matched (or at least as far as leather dye can match paint on steel) the exterior paint. Otherwise to me it looks tacky.

Also don't like the bright shift knob. (Not really a good grip, and too hot in summer.) And the dash "carbon fiber" looks cheap compared to the regular Premium aluminum.

Finally, Mustang seats in general are nothing to brag about. They're nothing compared to our 2008 BMW M3 - no real surprise there. But they also pale in comparison to ... believe it or not ... the 2007 Jeep Wrangler I currently use as my own daily driver. That will be one tiny disappointment when I trade the Jeep for the 'Stang.

Don't get me wrong - I am TOTALLY STOKED to get the new Mustang, I expect to love most everything about it, and, especially when price is concerned (and maybe even when it isn't) might wonder why we ever spent the money for an M3 in the first place.

Hell, if I could foresee the future, I might see us trading in the M3 for a 2012 Mustang. But that will be up to the other half...
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

I'd say its worth it. Figure that will only raise your monthly payment by a few dollars.. Plus it will help with resale.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

I do not like the looks of the stock leather seats, they look cheap to me.
Also I think ,after sitting in both, the 401A seats are a little more comfortable. Plus the dark aluminum looks better then the bright aluminum on the dash.

But that is just me buy what you want.

2011 5.0
Race red, Brembo Pkg, 3.73, 401a, Magnaflow X pipe and 15590 Exhaust System, Steeda CAI, Evolution Performance Custom Tune
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

I agree with DawgPny

I was originally going to get the 401 package. It looks great in the pictures.

You get different seats, shift knob (I think), chrome pony on inside door panel, and dark inserts on dash.

What I didn't like about it was:
* Seats have a smooth surface (standard seats profile looks nicer, IMHO).
* I do not like the pattern of the dash insert. It is not dark aluminum (it isnt aluminum at all, I don't think). I think the standard looks more expensive.

To me, they felt the same comfort (I only sat in the cars, but didn't notice a difference).

The only other seat package I would consider is the 402A (CS). They seem pretty cool, and the dash insert is nice. Only thing is, I like the exterior looks of the 400A better, so that will be my choice.

In the end, before you buy, you must go to the dealer and sit in them yourself. Then you will know you made the right decision. There were many options I was going to get, until I seen them in person. Take the time and go and see (if possible).
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Rookie

It's all about personal preference. I think the package is well worth the money. Everybody that has been in my car loves the interior, even a lady whose husband has a GT500. Take a look and make up your own mind!
Also look at the pics of the posts that like the package. They already have their cars.

2011 Race Red GT Premium, 6spd MT with Brembo package and painted black Lemans stripes

Last edited by wgreg2011; 06-15-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Forgo
PONY Member

If you like it, it's worth it. I liked it, so I bought it. I like the seats A LOT better, and I have a 2006 GT and wanted something a little different this time as far as the dash s concerned. Oh yeah, love the ponies!!

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbris View Post
Also I think ,after sitting in both, the 401A seats are a little more comfortable. Plus the dark aluminum looks better then the bright aluminum on the dash.

Agreed. Plus the grabber blue stripe will match the grabber blue LeMans stripes I add to my white GT when it arrives.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
PONY Member

FYI.... 9% of ALL Mustangs will be 401a.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbris View Post

Word. I went with the dark charcoal dash panel with my 2007 premium GT. Looks much more classy IMO. The bright aluminum is really tacky imo.
Apprentice

Well worth the extra $.

2010 Mustang GT, black on black, 19 inch painted wheels, auto, comfort package, rear view camera, glass roof.
PONY Member

That brown interior is awesome! I think I might prefer that over the striped seats..

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page