Camaro vs. Mustang Contest Vote Now!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneFASTmustang View Post
The M3 is has always been, until now with the new 5.0L and the aluminum 5.4L Shelby's, in a completely different level of performance and the price reflects that. Im interested to see just how much these new Mustang and Cobra's can stir up the norms and expectations of the industry. Its already being compared to M3 standards and beyond... and thats saying a heck of a lot especially for an American car and especially starting under 30k.
You give the M3 WAY TOO credit. It has lost the Grand AM championship 3 times in the last 5 years to a......... Mustang. If you were going to spend 65k on a car, would it really be an M3? Great car, but WAY overpriced!! And they sure don't hold the value, I've checked. As for "has always been", you'll make some cobra owners (nicknamed 'M3 killers') laugh.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rowdy View Post
You give the M3 WAY TOO credit. It has lost the Grand AM championship 3 times in the last 5 years to a......... Mustang. If you were going to spend 65k on a car, would it really be an M3? Great car, but WAY overpriced!! And they sure don't hold the value, I've checked. As for "has always been", you'll make some cobra owners (nicknamed 'M3 killers') laugh.
Not all the same parts are used on race cars as production cars. My BMW out drove my camaro and mustang with no troubles. They cant compare. For sure the bmw is a much more solid car. This is why it sells for more.

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
My father was in the car business for over 40 years, GM Dealer, Member of the Legion of Leaders (Top 10% of the salesmen who sell 90% of the cars) and also a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury General Manager. He tells me to buy a Ford. He owns a Ford now. For me, I will ALWAYS own a Mustang, hands down, even IF they'll ever be beat. No way I'll ever go the Bowtie side of the Force lol....
My Grandfather worked for gm as a painter and he drove mostly fords. When he got older he drove gm for the discount. But I think it has a lot to do with where u work and the things you see rather then what you cant see. I am sure if he worked at ford he would have drove gm.

GT Member

Quote:
My first car was a 1965 Mustang, my second, a 1966 Mustang. My third car was a 1970 1/2 Z28. My 2006 GT is the first Mustang I'v owned since 1977. Had GM made a Camaro comparable to the stang, I would have bought it. Not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy. I gave a guy in an SS the thumbs up the other day. I flip off the idiots that buy Japanese and German cars. That's the enemy, talk about a HUGE transfer in wealth!!! Like Donald Trump says jokingly, if we quit buying Japanase and Chinese products, they won't have the money to lone us! As for German cars, they are the most over-priced cars on the market today. Period. And they don't hold value, the average asking price of a 2006 M3 is 35K, the Mustang GT is 20k (count=1,247). 2001 M3 is 13K, 2001 Mustang is 11k. Look at the original prices and you do the math.
Man.. you've gotta get out more. Even though I'm buying a mustang... it won't touch my bimmer at the track... not a chance. Two different types of machines.. both great cars, but different worlds. And why would you flip someone off driving a bimmer? That's odd.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Man.. you've gotta get out more. Even though I'm buying a mustang... it won't touch my bimmer at the track... not a chance. Two different types of machines.. both great cars, but different worlds. And why would you flip someone off driving a bimmer? That's odd.
You have no idea what you are talking about. Idiot

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
silverbull271

Funny bc yesterday was the day-------

I was cruising along soaking in the sunshine in my 5.0 Vert after 4 hours of detailing it zaino style-----

I was on a one lane road, and behind me whole way is a young kid in a "Bumble Bee" styled Camaro

It then turned into a 2 lane-----

He immediataley hopped in lane beside me. So there we were, back rural country road, and at a light. He looked at me and said "lets do this" i replied---"you dont want none,this is a 5.0 here" (i noticed him check out the 5.0 badge) he then said "nice car" i replied back by telling him the same.

Light turned Green.

Obviously i had a perfect launch due to my AUTO

I took him by about 2 car lengths and he cdnt catch up.

Next light asked me if i had modded it,i told him its brand new and only has 100 miles on ODO and bone stock---

We then both again admired each others cars and went our seperate ways-----
GT Member

Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Idiot
You sound like the typical knuckle dragger.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
PONY Member
4.6L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travos View Post
Sorry guys but this is a free country and I have been a Chevy guy since I could change oil (22 years). I know I am going to take a beating on this but the only reason I have the stang is cause the Camaro I wanted was sold 2 hours before I went to pick it up. I will say that from the fact that I have got rid of 4 camaro's and kept the stang all this time is due to how it makes the girls look and how fast it is. I do miss my Camaro's though. However chevy lost me when they left us out of the lineup in 2003. That was a very stupid thing to do and it never made since to me.

But rest asured that even though I hate ford and the stupid 4.6 I am happy they finally brought the 5.0 back, And I will vote accordingly.
^ This. It makes no sense.

1993 LX Coupe
Show: Front 18x9 Black Bullit wheels, Rear 18x10 Black Bullitt deep dish wheels, Cervini's 2.5" Cowl hood, Autometer Phantom 10K tachometer, Autometer Ultra-Lite carbon fiber FP gauge
Go: GT40P Explorer motor, Edlebrock Performer intake, AFM 4" Power Pipe, TFS Stage 1, ProForm 1.6's,Granetelli 24lb MAF, MSD Blaster Coil + distrib, Taylor Pro wires, UDP's, GT40p long tube headers, o/r 2.5" H pipe, 2.5" cat back w/ Flowmaster 10 Series mufflers, 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page