Camaro vs. Mustang Contest Vote Now!! - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Exclamation Camaro vs. Mustang Contest Vote Now!!

Hey Guys, the Camaro Fan boys over at Camaro 5 board, are whooping us fellow stangers, lets show them who is boss for good, and thats the legend!! THE MUSTANG!!! Very cool website lets vote our Mustang and surpass the Bowtie boys, lol and there are some very cool items! Camaro VS Mustang : Cars, Contests, Prizes, Free Classified Ads : Camaro V Mustang

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Maybe they're voting so much to pick up the performance slack the new Camaro presents lol

But I voted against them any way :toot_toot:

2000 MUSTANG GT
-300hp & 365ftlb Est // Dynoed at 253rwhp 309ftlb
-T45RSS Built by John Reggio // Baer 13in. Track Claw // Koni Shocks and Struts// Eibach Sportlines // Ford Racing Upper & Maximum Motorsport Lower Control Arms // Ford Racing '95 Cobra Rs // Toyos // Ram HDX Clutch // Ford Racing 4.10s // CAI & BBK 75mm TB // BBK Catted X-pipe // Hooker Aero Chambers // Custom Tuned using SCT
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
Wow 73% are in favor of the camaro.

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers

Last edited by pcfrisch; 06-15-2010 at 12:14 PM. Reason: profanity

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

I don't care if it's 99%, I've driven a Camaro and would have bought it, but it just didn't compare to my 2006 GT. So I waited and ordered a 2011 GT. It's a much better car in every aspect as far as I'm concerned.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Sorry guys but this is a free country and I have been a Chevy guy since I could change oil (22 years). I know I am going to take a beating on this but the only reason I have the stang is cause the Camaro I wanted was sold 2 hours before I went to pick it up. I will say that from the fact that I have got rid of 4 camaro's and kept the stang all this time is due to how it makes the girls look and how fast it is. I do miss my Camaro's though. However chevy lost me when they left us out of the lineup in 2003. That was a very stupid thing to do and it never made since to me.

But rest asured that even though I hate ford and the stupid 4.6 I am happy they finally brought the 5.0 back, And I will vote accordingly.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

Well aside from the fact that the 2011 Mustang 5.0 will beat the Camaro in acceleration, skidpad, track times, and handling the Camaro owes it's existence to the Mustang. Both in 1967 and in 2010. The only reason it exists is to try and get some of the profitable success off the Mustang. They had about 8 years to get it right with their new one and guess what... The new Mustang will dominate it in every category.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
GT Member
5.0L Member

Voted mustang all the way. Theres a guy I work with and hes got a new camaro. I asked him about the visibility from inside the car and he says its a pain sometimes with the little back window and the door being so tall.

That sites got some nice shirts. Might need to get a couple of those.....

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, Recaro Seats, MT82, GT500 Axle Back, Boss 302 Quad Exhaust, Transmission Bushing Insert, MGW Shifter, Steeda Shift Knob, GT500 Spoiler, MMD Hood Struts, CPC Battery Covers.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

I work with a guy that is a huge Camaro fan and has a new one. I said I hear the visibility sucks and he didn't hesitate to agree. He is still loves his car though.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

I have always been a Camaro fan; however, both the Camaro and Mustang lacked during my formative years. My uncle had a 1981 Camaro that he pretty much gave away when he moved to England. It didn't help that he later said I should have given it to you (I was about 10 at the time). When Chevy announced that they would be producing the Camaro again I was ready to buy. I liked the throwback to some elements of the 69. I drove one about the same time as news of the 2011 Mustang started to come out. I liked the Camaro but decided to wait on the 2011 Mustang just to see. Hands down the Mustang beat it in every category from interior design, exterior design, available options/price, and overall driving experience. I never thought I'd own a Mustang, but after driving both there was no contest.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
My father was in the car business for over 40 years, GM Dealer, Member of the Legion of Leaders (Top 10% of the salesmen who sell 90% of the cars) and also a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury General Manager. He tells me to buy a Ford. He owns a Ford now. For me, I will ALWAYS own a Mustang, hands down, even IF they'll ever be beat. No way I'll ever go the Bowtie side of the Force lol....

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
PONY Member

Mustang all the way, been a Ford man all my life, wouldn't have any other car, besides the Camaro is so ugly it hurts my eyes

2008 Black Mustang GT/CS, 5 speed manual, G/T appearance package, FRPP 4.10 gears, Charcoal Aluminum interior panel, Interior upgrade. Roush TVS stage 1 SC , Stang Hi dyno-jet 93 Oct tune, Pypes LT's X-pipes and delete mufflers, MGW shifter.
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Imagine that, on a Crapmaro site, the Crapmaro is winning...

I wonder how many mullets are sported there?

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by calspcl View Post
Mustang all the way, been a Ford man all my life, wouldn't have any other car, besides the Camaro is so ugly it hurts my eyes
I couldn't agree more with you.

1976 Ford Mustang II Cobra

F-Fast
O-On
R-Race
D-Day
PONY Member

My first car was a 1965 Mustang, my second, a 1966 Mustang. My third car was a 1970 1/2 Z28. My 2006 GT is the first Mustang I'v owned since 1977. Had GM made a Camaro comparable to the stang, I would have bought it. Not a Ford guy or a Chevy guy. I gave a guy in an SS the thumbs up the other day. I flip off the idiots that buy Japanese and German cars. That's the enemy, talk about a HUGE transfer in wealth!!! Like Donald Trump says jokingly, if we quit buying Japanase and Chinese products, they won't have the money to lone us! As for German cars, they are the most over-priced cars on the market today. Period. And they don't hold value, the average asking price of a 2006 M3 is 35K, the Mustang GT is 20k (count=1,247). 2001 M3 is 13K, 2001 Mustang is 11k. Look at the original prices and you do the math.

2006 GT, FRPP drag pack, FRPP handling pack
2011 GT ordered 1/30, off the truck on 6/21

Black GT - 401a, Black/Cashmere interior
6 spd, spoiler delete, security package
3.73, HID, comfort package
Brembo brake package, Glass top
First mod - CS front fascia
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The M3 is has always been, until now with the new 5.0L and the aluminum 5.4L Shelby's, in a completely different level of performance and the price reflects that. Im interested to see just how much these new Mustang and Cobra's can stir up the norms and expectations of the industry. Its already being compared to M3 standards and beyond... and thats saying a heck of a lot especially for an American car and especially starting under 30k.

2000 MUSTANG GT
-300hp & 365ftlb Est // Dynoed at 253rwhp 309ftlb
-T45RSS Built by John Reggio // Baer 13in. Track Claw // Koni Shocks and Struts// Eibach Sportlines // Ford Racing Upper & Maximum Motorsport Lower Control Arms // Ford Racing '95 Cobra Rs // Toyos // Ram HDX Clutch // Ford Racing 4.10s // CAI & BBK 75mm TB // BBK Catted X-pipe // Hooker Aero Chambers // Custom Tuned using SCT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page