Test Drove a 2011 V6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Test Drove a 2011 V6

Car was a 6-speed manual with a 2.73 rear. I currently have a 2007 GT/CS with a 5-speed manual and 3.31 rear, and will soon put a 2011 convertible right beside it. Now, on to the test drive. On the plus side, it had good acceleration, though not as good on the low end as my GT/CS. Shifting was smooth with short throws, but be careful not to hit 4th when going to 6th, easy mistake to make. At 50 mph, engine was turning about 1800 rpm in 5th gear. At 70 mph, rpm's were about 1850 in 6th gear, making this gear pretty much strictly interstate.

On the minus side, this car lacks the exhaust rumble that I just love in my GT/CS. Also as mentioned, the 4.6 V8 has a noticeably more torque on the low end than the new V6. Overall, I give the new V6 an enthusiastic thumbs up, and look forward to having a 2011 V6 convertible next to my GT/CS.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I tried one last week and liked it alot, the power really starts in the 3500 rpm zone. For the rumble, I also would have liked it a bit louder but we can't have everything. Good luck with your purchase.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

Nice Fordguy! You just reinforced what I ordered!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page