2011 mustang shipping hold - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie
Classic Member

OK, I've been watching my order now for some time.
Last week, my dealer, told me that he expected my car 'any day'.
I think he's unaware of this factory hold or he is worried I may ask for my deposit back. So.... today I called Ford Customer Service.
They answered on the first ring.
I was asked my Last-Name and VIN#. I got the impression that they had my name.

He confirmed that my car was indeed built on the date shown in the upper left corner of my window sticker. He also confirmed that the car is being held at the factory because it is a new engine, and they are putting all the GTs through a complete QA after the production line. He had no release date to give me, or any idea of how/when they are releasing GTs to ship. He was very nice. I expressed my frustration. He told me that they are doing the same process with a new engine, (diesel), on a new F-250, or some such vehicle.
I asked if they had an 'auto-notify' via email or SMS, but was told, no. But it's perfectly fine to call them anytime. He could not tell me if it was on Ramp-51, or anywhere else, just that it was still listed as 'Not released from the factory'.
Ford Customer Service #: 800-392-3673

I'm guessing that they are being super-careful to have everything go perfectly, since the internet is so powerful in revealing any defects.

Anyway, my ordering info is:
Mustang GT Premium, Glass Roof, 64V Wheels, Comfort, Safety, White/Black.
Ordered: 4/16/2010
Built: 5/19/2010
Waiting in Flat Rock MI: as of 6/15/2010

- I'll update the forum when I get an update.
Good luck to all you fellow 'waiters'.
I do think that the wait is worth it, but that Ford should be more informative to their loyal customers.

-RadioRich

-RadioRich
2011 GT-Premium, 6M, Performance White, Black Interior
Glass Roof, Comfort Group, Security Group, 19" 64V Wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Brembo package cars on hold

Today my dealer told me that all Brembo package cars are on hold (to build) because of a shortage of 19" Pirelli tires. He claimed the Pirelli is behind as a result of the volcano situation in Europe. He also said that all other "build" holds had been resolved.

Ken Littlefield
Apprentice

Ford CS is STILL reporting (as of yesterday) the 7/25 date. The OP was NOT full of BS. While the FACTS my say otherwise, that IS the party line from Ford CS.

What's ridiculous about all this is that it IS public knowledge that cars are shipping and being sold. So whomever at Ford thought broadcasting a 7/25 release date was a good idea is an absolute moron who probably hates computers and doesn't think the Internet will catch on.

Cut the dickster some slack. :p

Rookie
S197 Member

VIN# = Window Sticker link

Ok Not sure if I missed this post before or not or if I was the only one that didnt know this, but I just found the link today. If you add your VIN# after the = on this link below you will see your window sticker. I know it works as my window sticker has my name on it. TO COOL...

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...ticker.pdf?vin=

B.S. on the ship hold ****.

Last edited by B-B11-5.0Coyote; 06-16-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: wrong name on post
Apprentice
S197 Member

Well people I'm back like I said I would be and WTF! Here it is take it or leave it...Per the SUPERVISOR of the FoMoCo Rep. for my regions dealerships 1.ALL 5.0 GT'S WILL BE HELD UNTIL 7/27 FOR QUALITY ASSURANCE CHECKS(I heard there is a glitch in the motor to correct)2.ALL 5.0'S ALLREADY ON LOTS AND DELIVERED TO OWNERS WILL BE RECALLED OR TSB'D.3.RETAIL ORDERS WILL HAVE FIRST PRIORITY THEN DEALER STOCK ORDERS,THE EARLIER YOUR ORDER DATE THE BETTER,MY ORDER DATE WAS 3/27.ALTHOUGH THEY SAID 7/27 EARLIEST SHIP DATE, HE BELIEVES THIS TO BE STOCK ORDERS FOR DEALERS.SOMEHOW,GM OF DEALERSHIP WAS ABLE TO FIND OUT THRU THIS GUY THAT MY ORDER OF 3/27 IS IN FIRST "BATCH" TO BE "CHECKED" OR POSSIBLY HAS BEEN"CHECKED" ALREADY AND WILL SHIP NEAR END OF JUNE NOT F***ING END OF JULY.I live in Wisconsin and have a limited convertible season...Ford better get off there ass and get moving on what they pumped us all up for!Personally,if I don't have my drop top by EARLY July,I will drop my order and wait 'till next spring and try again and order a 2012!Also,I understand it's a new powertrain(one under development for 4 YEARS!)and there can be issues.I definitely want ANY issues taken care of AT the factory.One thing for sure,before I take delivery I will want to know what the "glitch" issue was in the 5.0 motor.I'm excited and anxious as hell to get my hands on this car and I know this car will be everything AND more that I have come to expect from it...I'm just tired of hearing 2 more weeks over and over!UUGGGGHHHH!!I'LL BE IN HEAVEN DRIVING MY CAR HOME FROM THE DEALERSHIP IF FORD CAN GET IT THERE!WOULDN'T HAVE MY UNDIES IN A BUNDLE IF I LIVED IN A SOUTHERN CLIMATE.PEACE OUT! DEALER-GORDIE BOUCHER FORD OF WEST BEND #262-338-3379 GM CHRIS, NEW CAR SALES MGR. RANDY,My sales guy Paul Porter. Give 'em call

KOZZ 2011 GT 5.0 Premium Convertible,6 spd.Manual Trans.,Kona Blue,Stone Leather,Black Cloth Top,Electronics/Nav.Pkg.,Comfort Pkg.,Security Pkg.,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels,Rear Video Camera,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust ,Ford Racing Procal tune w/K&N drop- in,CDC Aggressive chin spoiler,A.M. hood struts to get rid of the fugly prop rod!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioRich View Post
OK, I've been watching my order now for some time.
Last week, my dealer, told me that he expected my car 'any day'.
I think he's unaware of this factory hold or he is worried I may ask for my deposit back. So.... today I called Ford Customer Service.
They answered on the first ring.
I was asked my Last-Name and VIN#. I got the impression that they had my name.

He confirmed that my car was indeed built on the date shown in the upper left corner of my window sticker. He also confirmed that the car is being held at the factory because it is a new engine, and they are putting all the GTs through a complete QA after the production line. He had no release date to give me, or any idea of how/when they are releasing GTs to ship. He was very nice. I expressed my frustration. He told me that they are doing the same process with a new engine, (diesel), on a new F-250, or some such vehicle.
I asked if they had an 'auto-notify' via email or SMS, but was told, no. But it's perfectly fine to call them anytime. He could not tell me if it was on Ramp-51, or anywhere else, just that it was still listed as 'Not released from the factory'.
Ford Customer Service #: 800-392-3673

I'm guessing that they are being super-careful to have everything go perfectly, since the internet is so powerful in revealing any defects.

Anyway, my ordering info is:
Mustang GT Premium, Glass Roof, 64V Wheels, Comfort, Safety, White/Black.
Ordered: 4/16/2010
Built: 5/19/2010
Waiting in Flat Rock MI: as of 6/15/2010

- I'll update the forum when I get an update.
Good luck to all you fellow 'waiters'.
I do think that the wait is worth it, but that Ford should be more informative to their loyal customers.

-RadioRich
Mine was built exactly one month before yours. I called CS yesterday and got an entirely different story, with a promise of a call from a supervisor later in the day....which never came, of course. Bottom line, they said no GTs would be shipped before late July...which is obviously not true. I think CS just makes this stuff up as they go along. My ETA has been 5/4 since 5/4.
PONY Member

Hey Kozz, thanks for the info, so am I hearing this right? No 5.0's will be shipped at all before July 27th? I talked to CS today, and told her I want to drop the order and re order a new one if I would get it faster! She said that some are coming out right now, and that July is really pushing it! I am sick of this ring around! So you mean to tell me Ford I won't see my car until July 27th ARE YOU CRAZY! I ORDERED 3/29! ARGHHH
Apprentice

Hey I talked to my Michigan rep today. He said the cars were already sorted out. Retail and stock. I didn't know why they would do that, but your posting explains that. I also am a 3/29 car with brembos. So while chatting with some higher ups, they said my GT should be released by the end of the week for shipping. They thought I would see it next week as I live in Michigan. Ronn

2011 GT 373 Hid Sec Brembo 6spd Race Red
PONY Member

Hey Ronn, did anyone mention anything that might be holding back automatic cars? I ordered a GT Premium with only options being the Brushed Aluminum Rims and Auto tranny! I hope they are right about releasing our 3/29 cars! Thanks for the info that helps me a little with worrying about July being a release date!
PONY Member

Hey Ron, I forgot to ask you what day was yours manufactured? I did not know if 3/29 was the day it was built Mine was built 5/14
Apprentice

Kozz is full of crap. There is no all-inclusive GT hold.

My GT was shipped this Monday and will be here very soon. Here is a quote from an ACTUAL FORD DEALER:

Quote:
2011 Mustang Launch
Over the last several weeks, the 2011 Mustang has gained solid momentum as awareness grows for our latest product enhancements and as many launch elements unfold for the summer months. In fact, as many of you know, Mustang outsold Camaro for the month of May, the first time this year we've achieved leadership in the Sports Car segment.

As with all new product launches, we are making every effort to ensure the highest quality of early build units. With summer sales ramping up, there have been questions regarding the status of 2011MY Mustang orders, particularly retail units. As of today:

We are currently building and shipping all Mustangs - V6, GT and GT500
All currently built retail customer orders have been prioritized (oldest to newest) and will be shipped by the end of June.

In addition to capturing one month of Mustang Leadership, we are seeing other very good trends with 2011MY Mustang:
Segment market share has been on an upward trend since February
Between April and May, Mustang share was up 5ppts

We appreciate your continued support of our 2011 Mustang launch efforts, and you have our continued commitment to deliver the highest quality, the best value and hottest performance for Mustang, both on and off the track. Thank you.
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-B11-5.0Coyote View Post
Ok Not sure if I missed this post before or not or if I was the only one that didnt know this, but I just found the link today. If you add your VIN# after the = on this link below you will see your window sticker. I know it works as my window sticker has my name on it. TO COOL...

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...ticker.pdf?vin=

B.S. on the ship hold ****.
OK, I'll answer. Especially since you created a new thread on this forum (or was it the other one that I read). I can't say that everyone knows about the link cause there could always be others that post before reading much on the forum but the link has been posted multiple times. It's definitely pretty well known.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible, Race Red, Black Top, Charcoal Leather, Auto, Pony Package, Security System
Ordered 04/12, Window Sticker 06/04, Built 06/09, On a Train 06/11,
ETA 06/26, Delivered 06/26, Picked up 06/29
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hey JOKER,THINK what you want, your quote is correct and it FOLLOWS right after what I posted.All ford dealerships received same the thing today from ford corporate.Go to ANY dealer and they should have your info. and my info.on the same page.HARDCARD.B-4 you tell me I'm full of crap,call my dealer and see what he says.You can apologize tommorrow as there not open right now.Not trying to stir any body up,just passing on the latest info. from my dealer as of today who by the way I have a great relationship with...and I TRUST! Here's hoping everybody get's there cars tommorrow!ALSO READ MY POST AND COMPREHEND(that means understand)DIDN'T I SAY RETAIL ORDERS OLDEST TO NEWEST HAVE PRIORITY WITH SHIP AT END OF JUNE?!LOL! IF YOU HAVE A.D.D JUST FIND #3 AND READ FROM THERE.GEEESH

KOZZ 2011 GT 5.0 Premium Convertible,6 spd.Manual Trans.,Kona Blue,Stone Leather,Black Cloth Top,Electronics/Nav.Pkg.,Comfort Pkg.,Security Pkg.,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels,Rear Video Camera,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust ,Ford Racing Procal tune w/K&N drop- in,CDC Aggressive chin spoiler,A.M. hood struts to get rid of the fugly prop rod!
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hey BLUBYU and RONN,Your order dates and mine (3/27) are for the most part the same so here's hoping I see ya on the road at the end of June!

PONY Member

to be honest each opinion is going to vary from dealer to dealer I think no dealer actually knows what they are talking about and this is starting to piss me off Royally! It's ridiculous! Ford just needs to be upfront!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page