Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   2011 mustang shipping hold (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/241484-2011-mustang-shipping-hold.html)

dickster44 06-15-2010 09:49 PM

2011 mustang shipping hold
 
From a Ford Dealer Zone Manager

For all of the members of the Mustang Forum, especiallly those that are waiting to take delivery of their 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, here's Ford's response that my dealer sent to me today:

There are several reasons Mustangs, are not shipping, the plant is not disclosing at this point, all we are able to advise is that the vehicles are being held for quality inspections and the new stop ship is 7/25, which means the vehicles will not be released prior to that date.


PTM333 06-15-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dickster44 (Post 2108297)
From a Ford Dealer Zone Manager

For all of the members of the Mustang Forum, especiallly those that are waiting to take delivery of their 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, here's Ford's response that my dealer sent to me today:

There are several reasons Mustangs, are not shipping, the plant is not disclosing at this point, all we are able to advise is that the vehicles are being held for quality inspections and the new stop ship is 7/25, which means the vehicles will not be released prior to that date.

That is basically what Ford CS told me on the phone today....but that does not explain all the GTs being received by members recently, and the multitudes that are arriving at dealerships.

11 GT 06-15-2010 10:12 PM

I don't believe that for a second. just another b/s rumor.

Klunk5.0 06-15-2010 10:21 PM

Sounds like someone trying to get us all worked up. Talked to my dealer today an he told be delivery of July 8th, ordered May 19th. I'm calling bs on whoever started this rumor!

Blubyu 06-15-2010 10:30 PM

WHAT THE HECK!!! I ordered my car March 29th I am not waiting for almost 4 months for my car no way! I will be canceling if this is proven to be true!!

2011gt310 06-15-2010 10:52 PM

i ordered my car may 19th i get it the 24th of june. its already shipped. last time i checked it was in indiana. that is only 1 month to get my car. my dealer is the ****!

tazthespaz 06-15-2010 10:59 PM

OMG....this is nuts.
Ordered Feb 6
Built April 5
ETA April 17th
Car has not moved since April and no update....still has April 17th as the delivery date.

11 GT 06-15-2010 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klunk5.0 (Post 2108349)
Sounds like someone trying to get us all worked up. Talked to my dealer today an he told be delivery of July 8th, ordered May 19th. I'm calling bs on whoever started this rumor!

:bigthumbsup I agree 100% he only has 1 post. probably a slomaro owner.

pcfrisch 06-15-2010 11:16 PM

Give us the name of this zone manager, and the name of your dealer.




ireallycare 06-15-2010 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazthespaz (Post 2108422)
OMG....this is nuts.
Ordered Feb 6
Built April 5
ETA April 17th
Car has not moved since April and no update....still has April 17th as the delivery date.

Sorry to hear. That has to be pretty frustrating. Some people who ordered in March/April have already received their cars. GL

KOZZ 06-15-2010 11:41 PM

hey guys,this is just my input.ordered gt 5.0 premium convertible on 3/27,was built 4/26,1st deliv. date was 5/4,then 5/14,then 5/27,now 6/14.On 6/1 my dealer told me all 5.0's were being held for quality inspections and wouldn't be released until 6/20 per Ford.BUT,not only have they been trickleing onto the lots here in south east WI ,now my dealer tells me he's expecting it any day.My understanding through multiple dealers is a delivery date means "the week of"the date given to you.All in all I'm pretty frustrated now with how Ford is handling this...I will be makeing a call tommorrow and will throw out as much info here as i can get.Just sayin

Smee 06-16-2010 12:00 AM

My car was built on 5/23 and has been sitting at ramp 51 since. The latest update has an ETA of 6/2 (2 weeks ago). I'm giving Ford until 7/19 when I return from a trip, if the car isn't here or on a train by then Ford can kiss my royal Irish arse!

Blubyu 06-16-2010 12:46 AM

Let us know Kozz what you find out! Thanks Man!

Gregor111 06-16-2010 12:56 AM

This is the first post from a guy who calls himself "Dickster."

Sorry but the BS meter is pegged on this one.

Greg

mattr12 06-16-2010 12:59 AM

BS. My car was built 6/3, left the plant and was in AZ yesterday. So there is no stop ship. Also there are many cars with VINs < 127nnn that have reached their owners already. So there may be some cars on hold, but it's not a general stop ship. The dealer should either shut up or give specific VINs.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vB.Sponsors
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2002-2015 All Ford Enthusiasts Network ™.

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome