2011 mustang shipping hold - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

2011 mustang shipping hold

From a Ford Dealer Zone Manager

For all of the members of the Mustang Forum, especiallly those that are waiting to take delivery of their 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, here's Ford's response that my dealer sent to me today:

There are several reasons Mustangs, are not shipping, the plant is not disclosing at this point, all we are able to advise is that the vehicles are being held for quality inspections and the new stop ship is 7/25, which means the vehicles will not be released prior to that date.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickster44 View Post
From a Ford Dealer Zone Manager

For all of the members of the Mustang Forum, especiallly those that are waiting to take delivery of their 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT, here's Ford's response that my dealer sent to me today:

There are several reasons Mustangs, are not shipping, the plant is not disclosing at this point, all we are able to advise is that the vehicles are being held for quality inspections and the new stop ship is 7/25, which means the vehicles will not be released prior to that date.
That is basically what Ford CS told me on the phone today....but that does not explain all the GTs being received by members recently, and the multitudes that are arriving at dealerships.

post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I don't believe that for a second. just another b/s rumor.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice

Sounds like someone trying to get us all worked up. Talked to my dealer today an he told be delivery of July 8th, ordered May 19th. I'm calling bs on whoever started this rumor!
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

WHAT THE HECK!!! I ordered my car March 29th I am not waiting for almost 4 months for my car no way! I will be canceling if this is proven to be true!!
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

i ordered my car may 19th i get it the 24th of june. its already shipped. last time i checked it was in indiana. that is only 1 month to get my car. my dealer is the ****!

2013 Boss 302
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Rookie

Unhappy

OMG....this is nuts.
Ordered Feb 6
Built April 5
ETA April 17th
Car has not moved since April and no update....still has April 17th as the delivery date.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Rookie
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klunk5.0 View Post
Sounds like someone trying to get us all worked up. Talked to my dealer today an he told be delivery of July 8th, ordered May 19th. I'm calling bs on whoever started this rumor!
I agree 100% he only has 1 post. probably a slomaro owner.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Give us the name of this zone manager, and the name of your dealer.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazthespaz View Post
OMG....this is nuts.
Ordered Feb 6
Built April 5
ETA April 17th
Car has not moved since April and no update....still has April 17th as the delivery date.
Sorry to hear. That has to be pretty frustrating. Some people who ordered in March/April have already received their cars. GL
Apprentice
S197 Member

hey guys,this is just my input.ordered gt 5.0 premium convertible on 3/27,was built 4/26,1st deliv. date was 5/4,then 5/14,then 5/27,now 6/14.On 6/1 my dealer told me all 5.0's were being held for quality inspections and wouldn't be released until 6/20 per Ford.BUT,not only have they been trickleing onto the lots here in south east WI ,now my dealer tells me he's expecting it any day.My understanding through multiple dealers is a delivery date means "the week of"the date given to you.All in all I'm pretty frustrated now with how Ford is handling this...I will be makeing a call tommorrow and will throw out as much info here as i can get.Just sayin

KOZZ 2011 GT 5.0 Premium Convertible,6 spd.Manual Trans.,Kona Blue,Stone Leather,Black Cloth Top,Electronics/Nav.Pkg.,Comfort Pkg.,Security Pkg.,18"Polished Aluminum Wheels,Rear Video Camera,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust ,Ford Racing Procal tune w/K&N drop- in,CDC Aggressive chin spoiler,A.M. hood struts to get rid of the fugly prop rod!
Apprentice
S197 Member

My car was built on 5/23 and has been sitting at ramp 51 since. The latest update has an ETA of 6/2 (2 weeks ago). I'm giving Ford until 7/19 when I return from a trip, if the car isn't here or on a train by then Ford can kiss my royal Irish arse!
PONY Member

Let us know Kozz what you find out! Thanks Man!
Apprentice

This is the first post from a guy who calls himself "Dickster."

Sorry but the BS meter is pegged on this one.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
Apprentice

BS. My car was built 6/3, left the plant and was in AZ yesterday. So there is no stop ship. Also there are many cars with VINs < 127nnn that have reached their owners already. So there may be some cars on hold, but it's not a general stop ship. The dealer should either shut up or give specific VINs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page