Ford, are you reading these forums? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Ford, are you reading these forums?

If Ford thinks not providing any information on these holds is a betters solution than providing some meaningful information...they are wrong. I have heard others say that they are trying to minimize rumors and speculation by not sharing the reason for the hold or some ideal of when they will ship. In absense of real information people will just make up reasons or jump to conclusions not to mention this is creating a lot of frustration and ill will among their customer base. I understand this is a new drivetrain and there may be issues and if you tell me that then I can accept the wait but not to tell us anything is not acceptable. You get people posting that no shipments until 7/25 and my immediate response is "forget this, I am out of here" and there will be lots of others will do the same. Unfortunately most of us assume the worst and start thinking there are major problems with this car....maybe that is true but probably not but since Ford refuses to give us a status update they bring this on themselves. To bad, the new 5.0 was creating a huge following..now they run the risk of throwing cold water on the introduction of this car....just my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
PONY Member

Not to mention the fact that alot of dealers around me are getting stock of the GT's.
Why would Ford send out stock for dealerships when they could just build the cars that are already ordered? I know the dealers have ordered them, but what about the customers that are going to pay for the cars, instead of the cars just sitting on the lot?

My Stable:
2006 Ford Mustang V6 Pony Package (Sally)
2009 Mercury Milan
1992 Mustang GT (auto)
1986 Ford Bronco XLT (Papa)
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
GT Member

It's just a car people. Relax. Imagine all the people who aren't fortunate enough to be any car, let alone a brand new car. Think about it this way... every month later you get your car is one less month of wear and tear you'll put on it, one more month it will last you on the other end, and one more month of accrued appreciation you'll have for it.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

Send a message via Skype™ to BlackEcho
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
It's just a car people. Relax.
I know i couldn't relax, my car is a stress relief to me. its my life, if it started causing more stress than it relieved, i'd be pissy too. in fact, i just cruised around tonight in it, and it relieved anything i had on my mind. i wish you all good luck in this situation.

Hello Vinny. Its your Uncle Bingo, Its time to pay the check.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Another month to save for the down payment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
It's just a car people. Relax. Imagine all the people who aren't fortunate enough to be any car, let alone a brand new car. Think about it this way... every month later you get your car is one less month of wear and tear you'll put on it, one more month it will last you on the other end, and one more month of accrued appreciation you'll have for it.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011racered50 View Post
You get people posting that no shipments until 7/25 and my immediate response is "forget this, I am out of here" and there will be lots of others will do the same.
And you believe everything you read on the internet?

I can tell you one thing. The 2012 Mustang has no tires. They use some secret propeller, the same used by the Navy during the Gulf war. It was actually demonstrated on youtube but Ford had it removed after just a day.

It sucks because I had special rims I had in mind for my 2012 Mustang, but I guess I won't buy one since it has no tires.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Rookie
Classic Member

Gulf Fuel for 2012

That's the spirit.

Darn, how did you hear about the 2012s? We were trying to keep it under wraps until the 2011s started to ship.

The 2012s will be using bottled Gulf Water which is 93+ octane, and has the added benefit of providing Omega-3 fish oil to keep your cars well lubricated.

Waiting for my fishy story to come true.
-RadioRich

PS- My GT is built, on hold since 5/19.

-RadioRich
2011 GT-Premium, 6M, Performance White, Black Interior
Glass Roof, Comfort Group, Security Group, 19" 64V Wheels
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Rookie

LOL thats some funny stuff
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
GT Member

2012 MUSTANG GETS NEW V-16 ENGINE AND 1000 HP !

The 2012 is being designed to run on TAR BALLS and will have a larger trunk.

You just drive along the coast in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, or Florida and stop occasionally to refill your trunk with TAR BALLS from the Gulf of Mexico for FREE. And if you think FREE is not good enough, they recommend you submit a claim to BP which may actually pay customers to use their fuels in the near future. So far they are saying, "supplies are limited", but most people believe there will be an unlimited supply for quite some time to come.
PONY Member
V6 Member

I believe dealers are invoice for cars that are ordered (sold) in a very short time frame, way before the car shows up at the dealership. I would imagine Ford would like to stock the selves of cars that are not sold or already ordered by customers so they can sell more. I would think this is good business. Is it fair, well that may be another story? One thing for sure, if Ford does not sell cars they wont be making any. The point in ordering a car is not necessarily to get it early but to get the car you want.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
I believe dealers are invoice for cars that are ordered (sold) in a very short time frame, way before the car shows up at the dealership. I would imagine Ford would like to stock the selves of cars that are not sold or already ordered by customers so they can sell more. I would think this is good business. Is it fair, well that may be another story? One thing for sure, if Ford does not sell cars they won’t be making any. The point in ordering a car is not necessarily to get it early but to get the car you want.
Very good point. The dealerships have to have stock too. I think people would like 100% of cars to be sold to the people that ordered them first, then to dealers. There must be a mix.

Sorta like if I ordered something from a Sears catalog and it takes 1 month to come in, I wouldn't get pissed that the store got the delivery before me. If the stores are not stocked, then the company loses money.

For cars, if you want them fast, you have to get them off the lot. For ordering, I would typically expect about 2 months and be happy if I get it sooner. With the 2011 Mustang, you could have even bigger delays for 2 main reasons.
  1. Surge of purchases due to many waiting for the bigger engine.
  2. Its a completely new powertrain. Expect that there will be production issues. Every OEM has production issues with new launches, just the nature of the beast. Believe me, for those not in the auto industry, you would be shocked to see the amount of effort that goes in to get a smooth launch. But these vehicles are so complex that things are bound to go wrong a small bit.
I know the lack of communication sucks. I don't think that Ford is acting any different than every other OEM (Toyota, GM, Chrysler, ...), however. The companies are afraid if they admit they have issues, that their image would be tarnished. Especially important for the American companies, because we have spent so many years with the perception that American quality < Japanese quality. The truth is that quality is nearly equal now days, and has been for a while (last I checked).
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss ZHO View Post
Especially important for the American companies, because we have spent so many years with the perception that American quality < Japanese quality. The truth is that quality is nearly equal now days, and has been for a while (last I checked).
Good post. Where were you when I was formulating my post? Good follow-up.

Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
Rookie

Ordered 1/19/10, built 5/14/10, ETA was 6/1/10... there have been no further updates since.

I have requested my deposit back.

Maybe a 2012 Boss or 2014 redesign on a dealer lot will convince me to buy a Ford again... I will never order a car from Ford -EVER!
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
Ordered 1/19/10, built 5/14/10, ETA was 6/1/10... there have been no further updates since.

I have requested my deposit back.

Maybe a 2012 Boss or 2014 redesign on a dealer lot will convince me to buy a Ford again... I will never order a car from Ford -EVER!
I guess you showed them??????
I have ordered many new vehicles, mainly Toyota and GM. I have never owned a Ford in my life. Reading over the forum and taking in all the considerations of a newer vehicle and from my past experience, Ford seems to be no better OR no worse than any of the others. Reading over your post I would say, essentially main production of the new cars was on or about 5/1/10 and I would bet that was the plan all along. Deliveries usually take about three weeks after it is built. Heck, I bet I could order a new 2012, today. Would I get it in 2-3 months???? Just saying!

Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
I guess you showed them??????
I have ordered many new vehicles, mainly Toyota and GM. I have never owned a Ford in my life. Reading over the forum and taking in all the considerations of a newer vehicle and from my past experience, Ford seems to be no better OR no worse than any of the others. Reading over your post I would say, essentially main production of the new cars was on or about 5/1/10 and I would bet that was the plan all along. Deliveries usually take about three weeks after it is built. Heck, I bet I could order a new 2012, today. Would I get it in 2-3 months???? Just saying!
You're obviously not reading ALL of the posts here. A LOT of people had their cars on some mysterious hold called "final inspection." They sat for weeks at Ramp 51 (or are still there) with no movement. Main production was NOT 5/1. I believe it was 3/15 or thereabouts.

And you can't order a 2012 today.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in