Shipping Problems Run Deeper - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
Well I would hope that Shelby would have the good sense to put on a cheap cover for shipment. Or would that be bad if it is allowed to flap in the wind?
Sorry but none of them get covered.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carrier.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	364.6 KB
ID:	101803  

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
My arrived by rail Tuesday, 15 Jun, in Cayce, SC. That's 38 miles from me. Now Let's see how long it takes to get to me. I'm sooooooo close!
way to go shadow I'm pullin for ya brother!!!

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
PONY Member

Thanks Zill! Now if THE CALL will come..........

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc

PONY Member

Zill, did your car come in yet?

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Banned
4.6L Member

You're suprised that Ford conducts business this way? Ha, this is typical for corporate America, all the good people quit, the bottom are fired and you are left with are 80% who don't care and are mostly union members who wouldn't even have jobs if the idiot in the oval office didn't pay them off...
Look at those idiots at BP...yeah lets cut corners on a deep water oil well...
Apprentice

A little patience people...... I understand how anxious you get waiting for that car to arrive, but A) there's nothing you can do about it and getting upset doesn't change a thing B) a year from now, you'll only be thinking of how much you love that car, and you'll forget how long you waited for it.

I seel rtail furniture, and have told countless customers that their sofa will take 6-8 weeks to deliver. Every once in a while there is a "glitch" and it can take up to as long as 12 weeks. That's when I remind them how much they're going to enjoy it when it arrives, and to just let go of the frustration.

Let it go, it comes in when it comes in.

By the way, I have to agree; I was in the Army for three years myself, and with the way it runs, it's a wonder anything gets done at all.
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Zill, did your car come in yet?
not yet still waiting,my dealer said all GT's have a ok to ship 6/27 so hopefully I will have it in a few more weeks.I really think the dealers have no idea whats going on and my car could show up any day now.

I need to get a rail car number for cars shipped already heading to California and with that I can find out if my car is on a certain train.

2011 Performance white base GT 6MT 3.73 gears(sold)
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by richm2256 View Post
A little patience people...... I understand how anxious you get waiting for that car to arrive, but A) there's nothing you can do about it and getting upset doesn't change a thing B) a year from now, you'll only be thinking of how much you love that car, and you'll forget how long you waited for it.

I seel rtail furniture, and have told countless customers that their sofa will take 6-8 weeks to deliver. Every once in a while there is a "glitch" and it can take up to as long as 12 weeks. That's when I remind them how much they're going to enjoy it when it arrives, and to just let go of the frustration.

Let it go, it comes in when it comes in.

By the way, I have to agree; I was in the Army for three years myself, and with the way it runs, it's a wonder anything gets done at all.
Going to disagree on this one. Vehemently. I am so soured over this order process that I will NEVER forget it. On the other hand, Ford has some of the best products available to customers and I remain enthusiastic about owning one.
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
What are they smoking down in Tampa these days? You should quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
You're suprised that Ford conducts business this way? Ha, this is typical for corporate America, all the good people quit, the bottom are fired and you are left with are 80% who don't care and are mostly union members who wouldn't even have jobs if the idiot in the oval office didn't pay them off...
Look at those idiots at BP...yeah lets cut corners on a deep water oil well...

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
This is my dream job.
Just like in "Vanishing Point"....

Whoops, that one didn't end too well, though.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible, Race Red, Black Top, Charcoal Leather, Auto, Pony Package, Security System
Ordered 04/12, Window Sticker 06/04, Built 06/09, On a Train 06/11,
ETA 06/26, Delivered 06/26, Picked up 06/29
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzOSU03 View Post
Sorry but none of them get covered.
Hey, I think that's my car...

Nah, but close...

Mine might be racing with Old Shadow. I heard yesterday that mine was transferred from train to a trucking company. I just hope the truck is moving.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible, Race Red, Black Top, Charcoal Leather, Auto, Pony Package, Security System
Ordered 04/12, Window Sticker 06/04, Built 06/09, On a Train 06/11,
ETA 06/26, Delivered 06/26, Picked up 06/29
GT Member

I agree that one should wait for the hype to die down and avoid these issues. However, I ordered a '99 Mustang when they were the "new" body style and did not experience this problem. I then ordered another in 2000 due to my positive experiences.

This said, the dealer I work with has several GTs on the lot, but the are all autos. Is something wrong with the new manual 6 speed transmissions? I have yet to see one anywhere, on a lot or in person otherwise.

One more thing. To the OP. I would not take a GT500 that has sat outside that long. When I was looking for one, I immediately walked away if the car was sitting outside on the lot, as opposed to the showroom. If I'm spending that kind of cash, it will be to my liking or it won't happen.
Rookie

Just a quick note. I spoke to ford customer service today. She said they've been advised the hold on the Mustang is now off and that all retail orders produced will be completely shipped by the end of June. FWIW.
Apprentice

It seems like just yesterday they said all Mustangs would be shipped by the end of July.

Oh, wait, it was just yesterday. LOL!
Apprentice

Too bad we can't just drop by and pick them up.

It would definitely be worth a day trip!

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page