Shipping Problems Run Deeper - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Angry Shipping Problems Run Deeper

I'm finding that my order for a 2011 GT500 is discouraging to say the least. I can also see from different threads I'm not alone. I feel compelled to relate my story in this thread. I think Fords problems go well beyond the production facility and ramp 51. I ordered my car on 03/28/10. Within 3 weeks it was scheduled for production, I had a VIN, and an ETA of 05/16/10. My dealer was, and still is, keeping me informed every step of the way. By 05/05/10 the car is produced, and the dealer has the title. We're getting excited. Then the ramp 51 fiasco. On 06/01/10 the car is released for tansit, signed for by the rail carrier and a new ETA of 06/09/10. On 06/07/10 the car is in Rolla CO and signed for by the trucking company, and here it is 06/15/10, and it's still sitting outside waiting for a truck. This car has been exposed to the elements more in the past month and a half then it will be, if I ever get it. I'm amazed that an established company like Ford conducts business this way. I served in the Army for 23 years, if we had conducted business the way FORD has handled this, our country would be in a mess. I still look forward to getting the car, but I'm very dissapointed. Before closing I think it's important to note this is the fourth vehicle I ordered from Ford, never had a problem like this!!!!

2011 Shelby GT500, SVT and Electronics package
1967 Mustang Coupe, 289 4V
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Sounds like the trucking company screwed up. The car haulers are independant and not Ford owned.

Sorry about the mess, I know I would be a little annoyed.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Apprentice
S197 Member

No offense, but Ford has nothing to do with the car once it leaves the factory. You want to blame Ford for the train/truck breaking down, or being delayed somehow?
Sorry for you delay, but I think your blame is misguided.
Congrats on the new car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

2013 Boss 302 #974

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm24id3en View Post
I'm finding that my order for a 2011 GT500 is discouraging to say the least. I can also see from different threads I'm not alone. I feel compelled to relate my story in this thread. I think Fords problems go well beyond the production facility and ramp 51. I ordered my car on 03/28/10. Within 3 weeks it was scheduled for production, I had a VIN, and an ETA of 05/16/10. My dealer was, and still is, keeping me informed every step of the way. By 05/05/10 the car is produced, and the dealer has the title. We're getting excited. Then the ramp 51 fiasco. On 06/01/10 the car is released for tansit, signed for by the rail carrier and a new ETA of 06/09/10. On 06/07/10 the car is in Rolla CO and signed for by the trucking company, and here it is 06/15/10, and it's still sitting outside waiting for a truck. This car has been exposed to the elements more in the past month and a half then it will be, if I ever get it. I'm amazed that an established company like Ford conducts business this way. I served in the Army for 23 years, if we had conducted business the way FORD has handled this, our country would be in a mess. I still look forward to getting the car, but I'm very dissapointed. Before closing I think it's important to note this is the fourth vehicle I ordered from Ford, never had a problem like this!!!!
Take no personal offense (and thanks for your service -- I gave my 3 years to the Army 20 years ago and now serve the Marines as a contractor) but here you go:

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfrisch View Post
Sounds like the trucking company screwed up. The car haulers are independant and not Ford owned.

Sorry about the mess, I know I would be a little annoyed.
What is up with these transportation companies? Our dealership has cars at the rail yard but the haulers couldn't come to terms with the company they work for. No haulers = no cars.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
No offense, but Ford has nothing to do with the car once it leaves the factory. You want to blame Ford for the train/truck breaking down, or being delayed somehow?
Ford might be independent of the trucking and rail carriers but Ford does choose who they do business with in the end. Choosing a poor carrier is just one of many ways to dump on your end customers. Who knows if one carrier is better than another but I do agree with his frustrations.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
PONY Member

My arrived by rail Tuesday, 15 Jun, in Cayce, SC. That's 38 miles from me. Now Let's see how long it takes to get to me. I'm sooooooo close!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

To say that Ford has no responsibility after it leaves their facility does not meet the common sense test. Ford contracts transprtation to meet the needs of Ford and their customers. If the commitments agreed to by the contrating agent are not not met. Ford needs to correct the issue. To say Ford doesn't have any responsibility is not true.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

I just live a few miles from the plant, Just have them shipped to a dealer near me and I will personally drive them to you for a small fee.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
Apprentice

Quote:
I just live a few miles from the plant, Just have them shipped to a dealer near me and I will personally drive them to you for a small fee.
This is my dream job.

2011 MCA V6 Coupe, Ebony/Charcoal, 6 SP M/T, 3.31 Rear End, Security Package, HID Headlights.
Tint, GT500 Rear Diffuser, 401a Knob and Boot, Roush Axle-Back Exhaust, Roush Extreme Lowering Springs
Ordered: 3/20/10 | Pulled: 4/8/10 | Built: 4/19/10 | ETA #1: 5/6/10 | ETA #2: 7/15/10 | Delivered: 7/24/10
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
You have my business. Maybe you can collect some of those destination charges.

PONY Member

Ha. Army is a well run company? HAHAHAHA that is a joke if i have ever heard one. Military is by FAR the worse ran Organization ever! I am in a different branch and worked for the army in the middleeast. and all i can say is wow. Ford looks like saints over the army.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
JEB
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

As I said in another related thread...

We saw this before with the 05 GT's.

Patience. Stressing out won't help you.

Personally, that experience taught me to wait for the initial demand to die down a bit. The cars will still be there.

I Hate GM, deal with it.
One shot, One Kill! Don't waste ammo, it's pricey!
2005 GT Screaming Yellow: SLP Loudmouths
Ibanez guitars, S&W revolvers, Glock Semi's
Republican write in Presidential Candidate 2012
Apprentice

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. What army was the OP in?????
PONY Member
S197 Member

Well I would hope that Shelby would have the good sense to put on a cheap cover for shipment. Or would that be bad if it is allowed to flap in the wind?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page