Hood and side stripe questions - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Hood and side stripe questions

* Graphic Express - 2010 Mustang Decal and 2010 Mustang Stripe Kits, Graphics, Automotive Decal, Ford Licensed.

I have struggled to find a place that sells Grabber Blue LeMans stripes in conjunction with a Boss style side stripe. Graphic Express is pretty close with their Olympic blue but their LeMans stripes are 13" near the windshield and about 10 inches on the front of the hood. You can see how they taper in the photo above.

I think I prefer the factory look but have never really seen a photo showing how the non-taper type of stripes look on a stock 2010/2011 Shelby.

Has anyone found a source for factory grabber blue or similar LeMans stripes that also sells a Boss style side stripe? If you scroll down to the dark blue car at the bottom of the linked page above, you can see what I am referring to by side stripe.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
Greg,

The Olympic Blue and Grabber blue are identical. I know, I've ordered it. You can't tell any difference. I've taken the stripe out into the sunlight and you can't tell at all. I'm getting mine through my dealer.....

The only other place you can even think of getting the OEM striping from is Shelby, and they only do it pre cut.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks.

My dealer would have to sub this out which means more people driving my car which is something I am trying to avoid which is why I ordered it in the first place. I have found a couple places close to work and I am waiting for quotes right now.

Greg

2011 Mustang GT Premium Coupe 6-Speed Manual
Performance White/Charcoal with 401A and Grabber Blue Stripe
HID's, Security Package, 3.55, Brembos
Ordered 5-18, VIN 5-25, Window Sticker 6-02, Spawned 06-09-10, Delivered 07-03-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page