Helpful Info - If car was shipped by truck - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Helpful Info - If car was shipped by truck

All,

I recently spoke with ford and they informed me that my car was shipped using "United Road Services". Well I tracked down the company and found a somewhat useful site to track it. So if your car was shipped via United Road Services give this a try.

Search By Vin

Also you can try to call them if you know for sure your car was shipped via them.
1-734-947-7900

But good luck. The person I am on the phone with now can't access the tracking info because he doesn't have permissions to view it.
But I am not giving up. Still on hold

Now they told me to call this number instead:
1800-815-2981

Hope this helps!

Mike

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh

Last edited by dude304; 06-17-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: New Number
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
Apprentice

Even if your sticker says CONVOY it usually gets on a train.

My status was CONVOY and the update said "UNITED ROAD", but I think it only goes via United until it gets to rail. Then it goes to CSX. Unless you're so close to Michigan it's easier to just use a truck..

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
GT Member

If you know your car is being shipped by them currently, what is the point of calling them? I mean, you know it's coming, right? Even if you will be out of town when it shows up, it will be at the dealership still... I mean, they won't sell it to someone else will they?

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Thanks much, Dude304

My car was built 2 months ago, and ever since then I've been being told it was sitting in a lot waiting to be shipped....ETA has been May 4th all this time, never changed. Called CS this morning and was told the same thing. On a hunch after reading this post, I called United Road Services this morning after talking to Ford CS. URS plugged in my VIN and told me my car was loaded on a truck this morning and is heading to my dealer....FINALLY !!!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

For People like PTM333. Also some cars sit on the damn loading ramp for weeks. so you can keep checking this till you see it has actually been loaded on a truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
If you know your car is being shipped by them currently, what is the point of calling them? I mean, you know it's coming, right? Even if you will be out of town when it shows up, it will be at the dealership still... I mean, they won't sell it to someone else will they?

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Mine said convoy too, but it was shipped by truck, not train

Semper Paratus
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTM333 View Post
On a hunch after reading this post, I called United Road Services this morning after talking to Ford CS. URS plugged in my VIN and told me my car was loaded on a truck this morning and is heading to my dealer....FINALLY !!!!!
I also gave URS a call today, but my VIN wasn't even listed in their systems, even though Ford tracking states that it was loaded on a truck 3.5 days ago (United Road Services). Turns out that Ford sometimes writes URS in the tracking system and then decides to ship with someone else - that was what the helpful URS rep told me. Seems like I have no way to track it whatsoever until I can figure out what trucking company they actually used... :/

/wj

2011 Mustang V6 Premium MCA Convertible, Sterling Grey/Stone, Auto, Comfort Pkg, BAMA tuning (91P FTW!), factory front and rear quarter-panel 6x8" speakers replaced with Infinity Kappa 6829cf, door subs replaced with Earthquake SWS-8x, Alpine PDX-5 amp & PXE-H660 processor...
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

If yours is going to cali, im positive itll go by train. CSX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wernerj View Post
I also gave URS a call today, but my VIN wasn't even listed in their systems, even though Ford tracking states that it was loaded on a truck 3.5 days ago (United Road Services). Turns out that Ford sometimes writes URS in the tracking system and then decides to ship with someone else - that was what the helpful URS rep told me. Seems like I have no way to track it whatsoever until I can figure out what trucking company they actually used... :/

/wj

Semper Paratus
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude304 View Post
If yours is going to cali, im positive itll go by train. CSX
It was train all the way to Benicia, CA (it only took them a couple of days or so to get there from Flat Rock, MI when it was finally released), but since then it's been way too quiet, tracking ends there...

/wj

2011 Mustang V6 Premium MCA Convertible, Sterling Grey/Stone, Auto, Comfort Pkg, BAMA tuning (91P FTW!), factory front and rear quarter-panel 6x8" speakers replaced with Infinity Kappa 6829cf, door subs replaced with Earthquake SWS-8x, Alpine PDX-5 amp & PXE-H660 processor...
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Even if your sticker says CONVOY it usually gets on a train.

My status was CONVOY and the update said "UNITED ROAD", but I think it only goes via United until it gets to rail. Then it goes to CSX. Unless you're so close to Michigan it's easier to just use a truck..
My sticker said CONVOY, but it was loaded on a truck in MI to come to TN.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTM333 View Post
Thanks much, Dude304

My car was built 2 months ago, and ever since then I've been being told it was sitting in a lot waiting to be shipped....ETA has been May 4th all this time, never changed. Called CS this morning and was told the same thing. On a hunch after reading this post, I called United Road Services this morning after talking to Ford CS. URS plugged in my VIN and told me my car was loaded on a truck this morning and is heading to my dealer....FINALLY !!!!!
wow your car was built 2 months ago. mine was built 4 weeks ago.. i might not get my car until the end of July and i am in Michigan.

2011 Black Mustang GT CS 7/05/2010(Not original order)
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Call CS and see where its at. If its at ramp 51 you have a long wait. But if its on ramp 5P then you should be seeing it soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murda Inc. View Post
wow your car was built 2 months ago. mine was built 4 weeks ago.. i might not get my car until the end of July and i am in Michigan.

Semper Paratus
PONY Member

Guess my car will be lonely sitting on ramp 51 all by itself, now that everyone else’s car has shipped. Been there going on 4 weeks and no ship date, no update, no luck. ETA changed 3 times and is stuck on 5/31.

Brings back memories of the misfit toys from Rudolf the red nosed reindeer.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page