Look out guys! 2011 Z28 camaro - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Challenger needs to revive the 426 Hemi and bring it back. That would open some eyes and revive interest.

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Why would anyone be surprised by a Z-28 as described? The CTS-V already has a 6.2 556hp supercharged engine. So there would be no surprise for it to show up on the Camaro.

On a side note, yes, the CTS-V is impressive. But, it does not feel like a car with 556 hp and it is not that big. I was surprised that it feels much smaller inside than my 300C and not that much faster feeling. The Camaro weighs just a little less.

Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to 5venoms
We are all missing it. This is great for us. The bottom line is the horsepower wars of the 60's and 70's are back and better than ever. The competition is great as it forces all of the manufacturers to go back and scrounge up more horsepower. Right now we have the edge. THe next evolution for our engines is direct injection and when that happens we will see another boost in power. The end result for all of us regardless of our brand of choise is that we get faster more powerful cars that get better fuel economy. I hope GM and Chrysler strike back as it will only force Ford to do the same. We only benefit. I love it!

silverbull271

I test drove 3 cars before purchasing my 2011 GT Vert-----

Camrao 2SS
Corvette C6 Vert
Corvette Z06

The Z06 was an absolute BEAST!

The C6 felt tame and "slow"compared to the Z06 (maybe its bc i test drove them back to back)

The Camaro has well low end grunt and felt AWESOME---but to big and gawky,felt like a sailboat with blind spots

I still woundt purchase any of the above (exception of Z06, but not looking to spend that much)

I have had 6 New Mustangs since 2000 ranging from Mach 1's-Terminators-GT Coupes,and what i just got out of was a 2008 GT/CS Vert in Black, and 2010 GT Vert

I also noticed ALOT of banks DO NOT wanna approve a GM car loan due to their financial issues, and im talking about buyers with 750+ Fico scores too!

SAD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosFury View Post
Expect a 0-60 of 3.9-4.0 seconds from a supercharged 6.2L engine? Motortrend says it's supposed to have 556 horsepower.

Oh wait, I forgot... the 2011 Shelby still has a smaller engine (5.4L) and manages the same acceleration and power. And I highly doubt the Z28 will handle at all like the Shelby, but we'll see.

Still, the camaro fails.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 is GO! - Motor Trend

I think producing that z28 is a mistake. It wont sell well imo, and the shelby already can be matched against the base model corvette or z06.
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IansBAJ View Post
20 inch rims thats a little hard to get good handling out of that.
If that were the case then I doubt the SVT Performance package for the 2011 Shelby would include 20"rear wheels AND deliver better handling. It really depends on how the suspension is setup to handle the wheels, and if the car has the power to move them. A set of light 20" wheels can be more benficial than a standard set of 18 or 19s

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
Apprentice
S197 Member

All for the Z28 being built. It's always good for us when GM puts out a good pony car. Right now it seems the Mustang engineering team has their eye squarely on the ball.
I can tell you my 2011 V6 is a revelation in Mustang design. I sometimes miss the V8 from all of my previous Mustangs. Then I hammer the throttle and picture my fuel costs and insurance figures.
:smilie

That being said...if my wife had left me alone long enough I may have seriously considered the black GT500 in the showroom.

No..no...be good. You have a new Mustang. Right. Let the madness pass.

Have a great day everyone! And to anyone out there with a new Camaro....it looks great from the outside. Feels like driving a (very fast) armored car on the inside.

2011 V6 Premium Convertible. Pony Package, 6AT, Red Candy Metallic, Black Top, Stone Leather.
Apprentice

a few points

GM got an operating loan from the government along with the major support. They used the major support money to pay off the operating loan then advertised and bragged that they paid the loan off early.

Someone mentioned robbing peter to pay paul....BINGO!

I borrow $1,000 from you for 3 months, then I borrow $100,000 from you for 5 years.

I pay you back the $1,000 in 10 days out of the $100,000 and tell all of our mutual friends I paid you back sooner.

Get it now?

The new Camaro looks cartoonish, it's interior is cheap and gaudy.

I am 6 ft tall but taller through the body, I love missing the top half of my vision by staring at the visor in the Camaro.

I also loved all the blind spots, man there is nothing like doing a lane change at Mach 3 and realizing there was somebody right there at the last minute.

Maybe thats what they mean when they advertise exhilarating!

I think welfare is for poor people , not car companies.

'nough said
Rookie
Classic Member
S197 Member

we have the 5.0 auto and the 5.7 auto Challenger stang runs a best 8.92 Challenger is 9.00 both completely stock. this is thereal test in my opinion
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDMOPAR70 View Post
Challengers are great to look at but I became bored with driving them.
I love my 2011 Mustang GT, but I must admit . . . I think the SRT8s look better than either the Mustang or Camaro. I realize they lag in other areas, and the price made them an unacceptable alternative to the Mustang.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I hope the Z28 gets a revised interior because the current SS models are a tremendous let down. I test drove one after testing a vette and told the salesman there was no need to bother after getting in the Camaro. Shift knob is beyond horrid also.

Current Ride: 2014 RAM 1500 SPORT
Toy: 89 RX7-Turbo (Future LS Swap)
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i think a caddy i see on tv has that engine in it right now. right?

2010v6, FRPP CAI,93AM RaceTune,Tlok,4:10's. dual aeroforce gauges/SOS pillar gauge pod. custom flamed plenum/shock tower covers.dash & door insert kit. billet grille(black).GT500 spoiler & decklid panel.1/4 window/side scoops.duals w/series 44 flowmasters.roush rear valance POW/MIA & AMERICAN FLAG emblems.( in the works; shelby/paxton cs6/terlingua 375hp intrcld supercharger).
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
Why would anyone be surprised by a Z-28 as described? The CTS-V already has a 6.2 556hp supercharged engine. So there would be no surprise for it to show up on the Camaro.

On a side note, yes, the CTS-V is impressive. But, it does not feel like a car with 556 hp and it is not that big. I was surprised that it feels much smaller inside than my 300C and not that much faster feeling. The Camaro weighs just a little less.
I agree completely! I test drove one about a month and left thinking "that's it?" Does not feel anything like what it looks like on paper performance wise. Certainly didn't think it $70k worth of car.
GT Member

It is not worth the $70K. A GT 500 would smoke it and I'd like to put a 300 SRT-8 up against it just for fun (sedan v.s. sedan and still $25K less)
KDT
GT Member

Chevy better do something fast in the pony car wars. The SS can barely beat a stock 4.6 Mustang much less a 5.0 with over 100 more hp. Ford is handing them their a-- right now. Hopefully the government won't bail them out next time. Go Mustang!!

2008 Vapor Silver GT, 5 Spd Manual Brenspeed Stg 1 Edelbrock E Force, Liberty built 3650 trans w/26 spline input shaft, N2MB WOT Box, GT 500 Fuel System, Kooks Long Tubes, Dynotech Drive Shaft, 3:73 Gears, Steeda UCA & LCAs, BMR LCA Relocation Brackets, Exedy Mach 500 clutch, Nitto Drag Radials

"RWHP - enough to get from 0-95mph in 7.61 seconds"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page