Look out guys! 2011 Z28 camaro - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

I like mustangs a lot,but the camaro really doesn't fail.mustangs barely caught up in performance this yr,well 2011 really.98 ls1s can still match the 2010 performance figures,and even beat it.but ford did do a kickass job on the s197s in refinement.if icould though,id still rather have an fbody over the new maros anyday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
OK about the GM bailout. They used the bankruptcy to help them out as well, but what happened to all the workers? They lost all their pensions, because several years before all this crap happened, they forced the Union to handle the pension, and all of the money went into GM stock. Now GM's stock is worthless and its costing their retired employees their livelyhoods in their golden years. To me this is what makes GM completely worthless.

Now as far as the new Z28, it will match the 5.0 Mustang at best, because it'll still be too heavy. So they've got more horse power, it will still have to make up for the weight. So yeah if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'll pick up a Shelby GT500 or even a GT350. But I'm not cause I'd have to buy 2 cars again LOL......

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
GT Member

Again, not defending GM or the Camaro. However, let's stay with facts. There have been many, many companies who screwed their retiring employees/retirees and whose stock has become worthless or close to. GM certainly is not the first or only company that has experienced this and they won't be the last.

Apprentice
V6 Member

Send a message via AIM to Tara
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidhex View Post
Wow, that's pretty bad ass. I wonder what the price range will be.
I googled the '11 Z28 a few weeks ago when I first heard about it and it had ~$50,000 for the price range. They want to keep it as the "affordable" pony car. Dunno what group they surveyed on that one!

2011 Mustang 3.7L
Performance White
Charcoal Interior
6-spd MT 82
3.31 gears
Order date: 6/8 | VIN received: 6/15 | Build date: 6/21| Arrived: 7/15
lug
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
OK about the GM bailout. They used the bankruptcy to help them out as well, but what happened to all the workers? They lost all their pensions, because several years before all this crap happened, they forced the Union to handle the pension, and all of the money went into GM stock. Now GM's stock is worthless and its costing their retired employees their livelyhoods in their golden years. To me this is what makes GM completely worthless.

Now as far as the new Z28, it will match the 5.0 Mustang at best, because it'll still be too heavy. So they've got more horse power, it will still have to make up for the weight. So yeah if I was going to spend that kind of money, I'll pick up a Shelby GT500 or even a GT350. But I'm not cause I'd have to buy 2 cars again LOL......
Actually, before the chap 11/bailout, they did a reorg that put most of the company's remaining assests into pention funds. Everybody lost but the GM pention fund made out better than most.
Apprentice

The Z/28 will trail the GT500 in every category just as the SS trails the 5.0 GT slightly in every category.

There's one reason why.

Weight.

Thie 2011 GT500 weighs 3700 lbs, whereas the Z28 will weigh north of 3900 lbs, probably closer to 4000.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page