Look out guys! 2011 Z28 camaro - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
Cool Look out guys! 2011 Z28 camaro

Expect a 0-60 of 3.9-4.0 seconds from a supercharged 6.2L engine? Motortrend says it's supposed to have 556 horsepower.

Oh wait, I forgot... the 2011 Shelby still has a smaller engine (5.4L) and manages the same acceleration and power. And I highly doubt the Z28 will handle at all like the Shelby, but we'll see.

Still, the camaro fails.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 is GO! - Motor Trend

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
PONY Member

Send a message via AIM to solidhex
Wow, that's pretty bad ass. I wonder what the price range will be.

6spd 2012 Grabber Blue GT Premium 401A
3.73 rear-end
HID headlamps & security package
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My guess is the Z28 will be the first real threat to the GT500 going strait but I too highly doubt it will be as refined or and good in the bends at the '11 Shelby... Watch that Z28 be more expensive than the Shelby too lol

2000 MUSTANG GT
-300hp & 365ftlb Est // Dynoed at 253rwhp 309ftlb
-T45RSS Built by John Reggio // Baer 13in. Track Claw // Koni Shocks and Struts// Eibach Sportlines // Ford Racing Upper & Maximum Motorsport Lower Control Arms // Ford Racing '95 Cobra Rs // Toyos // Ram HDX Clutch // Ford Racing 4.10s // CAI & BBK 75mm TB // BBK Catted X-pipe // Hooker Aero Chambers // Custom Tuned using SCT

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
GT Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

20 inch rims thats a little hard to get good handling out of that.

2005 Mustang GT Auto: Mineral Grey with Black stripes, Steeda UDPs, Flowmaster American thunder Axle backs, Bassani catted X-pipe , JLT CAI, Ford racing 4.10 gears, Cervini here and there.

The most powerful car in the parking lot.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
PONY Member

It won't be out until 2012, I thought I heard, due to GM's financial difficulties! I would not think they would have money to dedicate to building those vehicles until their current Debt is paid off. So from what I have heard there will be no change to the 2011 Camaro's except to its V6 which will have 312HP but then that nothing was changed it was just supposedly underrated in the 2010 Model but same exact motor with same exact tuning and parts nothing different just got the approval to up the numbers on paper! SS will still be around with its LS3 and we all know how those are!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
Apprentice
4.6L Member

just a FYI GM has paid off its debt. . . actually 5 years early too
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to 5venoms
Scratch that last post. Yes GM paid the government back but make no mistake about it they still have lots of debt. They took loans to pay off the government loan. They just get to say they do not owe the government money. Either way they are in debt up to their eyeballs. As a side note so is Ford. Ford was just smarter about it. They were the first to get into financial trouble and borrowed allot of money a few years ago when money was cheap.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That's not entirely true. GM paid off several billion in loans but they have not yet bought back the 50 billion or more in stocks the US government was forced to buy. I would hardly call that "paid back"

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 06-17-2010
PONY Member

The Z28 will be quite a car. As of now the Camaro does pretty well at hooking up and I'm sure this one will too. Acceleration times will be fast but it will lack any type of handling and cornering because of its weight. Chevy and Dodge screwed up badly when building their new muscle cars. Since they used existing car platforms the size and weight of the vehicles was undeniable. They're realizing this now since the 2011 Mustang is whooping them in every category. I would assume that Chevy has plans to lesson the weight when the new generation comes out. Ford has already announced they will be too. Dodge on the other hand, I would guess they will drop the Challenger from the line up in the next couple of years. The Challenger is a very impractical car!

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
The Z28 will be quite a car. As of now the Camaro does pretty well at hooking up and I'm sure this one will too. Acceleration times will be fast but it will lack any type of handling and cornering because of its weight. Chevy and Dodge screwed up badly when building their new muscle cars. Since they used existing car platforms the size and weight of the vehicles was undeniable. They're realizing this now since the 2011 Mustang is whooping them in every category. I would assume that Chevy has plans to lesson the weight when the new generation comes out. Ford has already announced they will be too. Dodge on the other hand, I would guess they will drop the Challenger from the line up in the next couple of years. The Challenger is a very impractical car!
With the largest trunk, seating for five, and the most comfy ride the challenger is the most practical of the bunch. I think what you meant was the challenger is not a contender as a sports car. It does fine as a muscle car. The mustang has bridged the gap into becoming a full fledged sports car while the camaro falls in the middle.

Challenger wins as the most practical for free way travel. Impractical as hell maybe in a large city like NYC ATL or CHI, if that's what you meant.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post
With the largest trunk, seating for five, and the most comfy ride the challenger is the most practical of the bunch. I think what you meant was the challenger is not a contender as a sports car. It does fine as a muscle car. The mustang has bridged the gap into becoming a full fledged sports car while the camaro falls in the middle.

Challenger wins as the most practical for free way travel. Impractical as hell maybe in a large city like NYC ATL or CHI, if that's what you meant.
It gets the worst mileage, its the heaviest, its the slowest (even the SRT 8 loses to the 5.0 and SS at $10k more), its the worst at cornering, its sales are fractions of what the Mustang and Camaro have been selling like, and its priced the highest..

Thats why I think it is impractical. Most people who are buying new age Muscle cars want them because they are quick, get decent mileage, and don't break the bank not because its a combination of a Muscle car and an SUV.

2004 SVT Cobra- Sold
2005 GT Premium- Sold
1990 GT Hatch- Sold
1989 GT Vert - Sold
Rookie

dont make any assumptions just yet about the z28. Keep talking trash about it and it'll prolly come back and bite you in arse.
Apprentice

isn't the article posted in the original post from 2009?
PONY Member

I don't care if they make a Camaro w/1000Hp.It still has the ugliest cheapest interior i've ever seen in a GM vehicle.You can't even see out the damn thing to even change lanes.As far as them paying the gov. back all they did is ROB PETER to PAY PAUL!

The fact is all this means is that they appear to be trying to 1up each other which is great for all of us!!!!

The price of the Camode Z should be competetive with the GT 500.This would make sense.By the way they already have a 556 Hp engine in the Caddy.0-60 3.9 secs.The cost i'm sure is pretty high could probably get 2 Mustang GT's for about the same amount!

Don't be coming here & crying because the current Camode is getting it's ass kicked!This little bit from the July MT Showdown! The 2011 Mustang Takes On All Comers

Clearly the Camaro isn't aging as gracefully as some cars do.

1st-Mustang GT
2nd-Dodge challenger SRT8
3rd-Chevy Camaro

Looks like to me the Love affair with the new Camode is already OVER!How anybody ever loved it in the 1st place is beyond me!By the way don't be asking for anymore of my money to BAIL YOUR ASSES OUT!NUFF SAID!!!!!!!

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]GT Premium Manual-Kona Blue[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]401A Int.-Char/Blk/W/Cashmere[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Security Pkg.-3.73 Ltd Slip [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=navy]Access Pkg #4 Hood Scoop N Ped Spoiler[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited by knk11stang; 06-17-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: oops
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentown View Post

Owned two Challengers, 2008 SRT8 and 2009 R/T. Big, fat, heavy sows that just kind of float along like my grandparents 75 caprice. Yes, the SRT8 handles better than the R/T but still not very nimble at all. Sure they have great low end torque but the throttle response is better on my riding lawn mower, seriously. A throw back to 1970s muscle car styling it is, a cutting edge, good handling, high performance vehicle it is not. What you describe above is more like a "family truckster" than a muscle car ; Who buys a muscle car for trunk space? This vehicle is for those, like myself, who cannot afford a 1970 challenger but would like drive something that reminds us of a great era in American automotive history. Bottom line..... I drove the 2011 Mustang and the Challengers were history! Challengers are great to look at but I became bored with driving them.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page