Can anyone post pictures of their 2011 ingot silver mustang gleaming in the sun? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Can anyone post pictures of their 2011 ingot silver mustang gleaming in the sun?

Im debating what color to get.. I want an ingot silver GT but I havnt seen any real good pictures of an 11' ingot silver stang. All the pictures ive seen make it look more like metalic grey, perhaps because ingot silver seems to be the least popular color. I want this baby to gleam in the sun like fine polished aircraft aluminum! :shiny: Some nice pics would be greatly be appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to ptc559
I ordered a Ingot Silver CS cvt.
The silver is like sterling, brightest I ever seen. really looks sweet, bad ass
Take a look at my profile for some pics and a PhotoShop pic of my car i am waiting for. I could not find a Silver CS so I made one myself

2012 V6 Kona Blue, 3.31, Auto, Pony Package, Comfort Package, backup sensor

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
GT500 suspension, GT/CS Spoiler, window louvers, Tune

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

I haven't considered silver until now. Those pics above of the GT look amazing.

PTC559,
Looking forward to seeing your car!!!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Rookie

Here's a picture of my Ingot Silver GT/CS

I got it this past Friday on June 18th. Here's my story. To me, this is the perfect mustang GT, I called up the dealership, they said they had 4 GTs in stock, so I headed out for lunch to take a look. One of the 4 was a CS - which is the look I was after - it also had all the features I wanted - HID headlights, 3.73 gears, stick shift, and a couple others. MSRP was 37,600. I asked the sales guy to be honest, and tell me what kind of negotiating room I had. He said since they JUST came out, they wouldn't negotiate at all. My response was that I wanted it for Invoice - he said that just was not going to happen.

When we got back from the test drive, we talked a bit, and he went to talk to his manager. He came back and said they could not do invoice, but, he'd offer me the X-Plan which came with a $500 rebate. With the plan and the rebate, it would end up being $400 below invoice, and instead of the normal $399 doc fee, it would only be $75. I was shocked -- here I thought I'd have to fight for invoice and they came back with $400 below! So, again, MSRP was 37,600, I got it for $34,700.

It's an absolute dream to drive - the new electonic steering is superb (really, that isn't a good enough word for it), the engine response is unbelievable. I can't believe they can get a v8 to redline at 7k! Not only that, it doesn't struggle to do it at all! It's as smooth as can be. It's almost like it WANTS to go to high RPMs, there's no vibration, no pause, it just does it!

The six speed is amazing, the shifts are smooth and quick, and the clutch is easy to operate. Not to mention, whatever they did to keep the road noise out, but the intoxicating engine noise in is perfect. Half the time I don't want to even turn the radio on because I'd rather hear the engine.

Speaking of the radio, the Sync system satisfies the tech guy in me perfectly!

My only gripe is the lack of push putton start (with similar remote entry). I like on my other vehicle not having to get the keys out period, but hey, if that's my only complaint, then Ford scored a HUGE victory with this one.

This is pretty much the perfect Mustang - I could not be happier today!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Apprentice

Here's mine, not sure if it's as gleaming as you'd like though LOL :smilie

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...r-stripes.html
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010 Thread Starter
Rookie

Nice cars! I guess I still love the silver.. its going to be an uncommon color for this year it seems.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Rookie

See my thread here:

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...continues.html

Some pics in the sun with my cell phone

1989 GT
Dark Shadow Blue, Manual, Mostly Stock
2011 GT
400A, Sterling Gray, Charcoal Black Int., Manual, 3.73, 19" Luster Nickel Wheels
Ordered: 3/13/10, Built: 4/12/10, Delivered: 7/2/10
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Apprentice

Took some more pics for ya. I just put on the spear stripes on the hood and the rear decklid blackout decal.

Tried to get some sun gleaming from the nice hot/bright Arizona sun.

Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to ptc559
Looks Sweet
I will post my pics if I ever get mine

2012 V6 Kona Blue, 3.31, Auto, Pony Package, Comfort Package, backup sensor

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
GT500 suspension, GT/CS Spoiler, window louvers, Tune
Apprentice

Man, I love those hood spears!! I think I'm going to get some of those!

2011 V6 Kona Blue, Automatic, Black Leather, Tint, 1/4 Window Louvers, Electronic Corrosion Control Module, Husky Liner Floor Mats, 1969 "BOSS 305" Striping. Terrace Ford Lincoln - Burlington - Finance Manager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in