Who is a "first time" Mustang owner, age, and why? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

This is my 1st mustang. I'm 43yrs old.
Opportunity knocked 2yrs. ago and I opened the door.
This is the 1st car, of any make, that was worth brining out to a show and shine. Now, due to meticulous care I have a multiple award winner, and still drive it daily year round.
I can't wait until I'm a little more financially stable to buy a 5.OHHH MY!!!

2006 V6 VERT MODIFIED/DAILY/YEAR ROUND DRIVER.
K&N FILTER W/CAI, 70MM THROTTLE BODY SPACER W/OE BODY PORTED TO MATCH.
T-304 STAINLESS SHORTY HEADERS WITH DYNOMAX AXLE BACK. NOT DUALED YET
AMERICAN MUSCLE SCT SF3 TUNER
CROSS DRILLED AND SLOTTED ROTORS W/ WAGNER THERMOQUIET PADS FRONT AND REAR.
COBRA 17'S W/235'S FRONT AND 255'S REAR.
SEQUENTIAL TAILS W/DUAL HALO HEADLIGHTS AND CLEAR FRONT TURN LENS AND A WHOLE LOT OF SMALL TOUCHES THAT MAKE IT MY "ONE OFF"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
S197 Member

First fell in love with the Mustang when I saw a pic of a '69 Shelby GT500 vert. when I as about 13.
Was going to buy an '07 but just didn't feel it so I got my Murano instead. My brother passed away this earlier this year and I used my inheritance to pay off the Murano, which I am trading in to get my GT/CS. So 31 years after falling in love with the Mustang I am waiting patiently for my first one to be delivered.

Apprentice

This is my first mustang of this century and my first V8 (not counting a used beater LTD II wagon I had briefly). I am 55 and had a '99 V6 Mustang convertible that my son now owns.

Why? - I like sporty cars and was really missing a convertible, my '99 was also my first convertible. I now work from home or at a nearby office and no longer needed an economy car for my commute. So I sold my Civic Hybrid and ordered the Mustang GT. Just hope it gets here before the nice weather is gone!

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec

Last edited by MKPony; 06-18-2010 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Forgot to say why!

Apprentice

Going to order my car today.

This will be my first Mustang (first Ford car). Always bought GM before, and had heart set on Camaro. In the end the things that sold me are:
* Mustang convertible looks great.
* Car is fast (5.0 helps in decision).
* Interior is very nice quality.
* Manual shift quality felt good.
Apprentice

36 years old and this is my first Mustang. I was looking to get a new car when I get back from this deployment. I shopped around for some used luxury sedans, SUVs and pony cars. I was thinking of getting a used one, so that I could save some money. Then I decided I wanted a sports coupe, but wanted a new one so I could get it customized how I want it, instead of what someone else liked. I test drove the Camaro and Challenger while I was home on leave, and decided to get the Camaro. I wasn't even looking at the Mustang at the time, because the 2010 only had a 5 speed tranny. After I saw the brochure for the 2011 Mustang I fell in love. 6 spd 5.0L 412hp... oh my. I did a little research and saw the press had given it great reviews and the deal was sealed. I ordered the next day. Looking forward to getting back and going to the dealership shortly after to pick up my new baby.

2011 Mustang GT premium, Kona Blue, black over the top stipe, 6-spd manual, 3:73 gears, Brembo Brake Package, Comfort Package, Electronics Package, Coupe Package #5, Steeda CAI w/ Brenspeed tune
Rookie

Hopefully I'll receive my first Mustang in just 2 weeks now. I'm 33.

As an early graduation gift to myself I wanted to get a new car. I knew I was looking for something a little on the sportier side, but had no idea what, so I was test-driving a lot of different cars. Based on a variety of reviews I tried out the new VW GTI. I liked it quite a bit and was pretty sure that's what I was going to buy, though it had a bit of a "nuclear powered go-kart" feel to it...zippy, but not a lot of substance behind it.

The Mustang GT was actually the last test-drive I did. I had no intention of actually buying one, but I'd always respected the muscle car from a distance, so I figured I should at least try it out. Suffice to say it was love at first drive...the grin from ear-to-ear told me this was the car I had to buy.

2011 GT Premium, Auto, 401A
Kona Blue Exterior, Charcoal w/Grabber Stripe Interior.
Apprentice

22 and originally decided to get the Chevy Camaro. That was after watching transformers and before i test drove the car or looked at any specifications. When i finally had time to go car shopping, i decided to spend some time reading up specifications, what to look for , etc.

After reading the specs, i figured i would probably not notice the 200 pound difference between the camaro and the mustang. Oh boy was i wrong! I felt it when accelerating from 0 or even from 60 - 80. Then i started to notice the ****** quality of the interior. The last strike was the HUGE side column that just obstructed my view. It annoyed the hell out of me when i was test driving the camaro.

When i test drove the '11 mustang, i instantly noticed the difference in speed, acceleration, interior quality and just how the ride felt overall. I always wanted a sporty coupe. But to this day i never figured i would decide on a mustang. This car is amazing! I guess i am just a secret american at heart haha.
GT Member

SJ, if this is your 7th Mustang, why are you posting as a "first time" owner? LOL!

Hey, we were all first time owners at some point! Really though, the 2010 and 2011 models are different enough to feel like a first time owner. They are more refined and the build quality is noticeably better. I didn't like mine at first, but it has really grown on me. However, the '06 is more 'nostalgic'.
Apprentice

I'm 46, ordering my 5.0 tomorrow.

This will be my first mustang, and first American-made car in a long time (not counting a used pickup I bought about 10 years ago). To me, Ford (and American car companies in general) has finally achieved the mix of performance, quality, looks, and affordability that makes me want to buy American again. I'm excited about this car

2011 GT premium, Red metallic, black interior, 19" wheels, manual transmission, 3.55 ratio, electronics and comfort packages, camera, HID
PONY Member
5.0L Member

This is my 1st. This is retribution for not being able to buy the 1993 5.0 due to insurance premiums in NYC at 18 yrs old.
MAK
Apprentice

5.0 convertible for my 50th. I had a 2010, sold it, lovin' the 5.0.

This is a true muscle car and Ford seems to have done it right.

After 15 years in a Windstar which is now my winter car I thought it was time for some driving fun.

Anybody else notice the new Steeda CAI that is coming out. 450 easy HP! :laughlitt
Apprentice

This is my first mustang. I have wanted one since I was fifteen.

2010 Mustang GT, black on black, 19 inch painted wheels, auto, comfort package, rear view camera, glass roof.
PONY Member

42yrs old and first Mustang. Camaro can't touch Mustang on price or performance and I needed a back seat for the occasional kid rides. Wouldn't touch a Chrysler product.

Considered G8 GT, CTS-V, Camaro and 370Z.

Oh, and Obama doesn't sell Fords.

Received 7/2/10: 11' GT base with 3.73,
Installed: Steeda CAI, SCT, Steeda tune, GT500 axlebacks, SVT leather wheel, Infinity Kappas, Boston amp, Bazooka powered sub, yellow fog light bulbs, dark front corner lights, GT500 splash guards, tint, SVE Drift matte 18"x9" wheels with 265/40s and SVE 1" drop springs, Koni Yellow, HP+ pads, brake duct coolers with CS front lower and splitter
Bought and soon to be installed: Edelbrock E-force stage 2
Stable: 14 SHO, 10 Road Glide
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

My 2010 is my first Mustang, Although I have owned many a Ford including my First Pony Car a 73 Cougar XR7 with a 500 HP Cleveland and 4 speed top loader.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Siberexpress/Sterling/Stripes/af58edf0-2e2e-4ffe-a201-405b00a627bc_zpseb5ae052.jpg
2013 Performance Package V6
2013 F150 6.2L Boss
Yes it is a Boss
Apprentice

This will be my first Mustang.

Though I own a first model year Ford Probe ('89) which was originally designed to become the new mustang (!). Even though it's technically a front drive Mazda. 320k Miles and still running !

I've been looking for a new car for several years now.
I want sporty, economical, high tech, stylish, fast, etc... don't we all.

past favorites:
mini: sporty, iconic, good looks. Con: goofy plastic dash. Unreliable
gti: iconic. looks ok. great high tech drivetrain Con: inside its just a small hatch.
bmw 135. fast, looks ok. high tech. Con: its a BMW, and unreliable.
audi A4/A5. high tech, 4wd, looks good. Con still just a sedan, not sporty.
Porsche Cayman, love it, too expensive, older engines.
Lotus. love it but not practical.
others: camaro: too big/heavy, corvette: not my thing.

I've driven mini/gti/bmw, none of them stole my hart.

Mustang: iconic (name and looks), good looks inside and out, great infotainment technology, high tech engine (finally).
Ford is now rated as one of the most reliable cars, and its domestic so reasonable maintenance/repair prices.
And 400HP !!!!! You cant beat that.

I've only been in one as a passenger, in a 2010, but I was sold.

2011 Mustang GT
Performance White / Brick Red / Manual / 3.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page