Who is a "first time" Mustang owner, age, and why? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

I'm 42 and this Mustang is my 4th Ford car. This is also my first brand new car.

I'm very satisfied.

Great powers comes with great responsablility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Im 51 and this is my 2nd mustang 1st was 88 vert 5/0 ho and thought that was a fast car. when i finally drove the new 5/0 just couldnt believe the power and not to mention the handling this car scares me

Apprentice

I am an ancient 20 years old. Ya i know that you young fellers don't know what its like growing up in the 90s.

Learned to drive on a 83-84 Ford Ranger with a standard tranny
First car: 91 Taurus, tranny blew 2 weeks after buying it for $650
Second car: 99 Cavalier, good car but gutless with an auto
Third car: 01 WRX, great car
Fourth car: 2006 Civic Si, awesome car, will always recommend THIS Honda
Fifth car: 2001 Hyundai Elantra, impressed for Hyundai, sold to my father
Sixth Car: 1993 Honda Accord, probably the most impressed i have ever been with any car and i will be sad to let it go, really.

I currently work for a local Honda dealership here in Calgary. When i have told people i am buying a Mustang, they give me blank stares like i am some idiot for buying a "dreaded domestic".

I cant wait!!!

Chaos over Control

2011 V6 Pony Package, Standard tranny with 3.31s,leather & Sync, Winter driver, yea its fun

GT Member

This is my first American car PERIOD!

American cars and Mustangs,, etc. have all looked like literal crap for so many years.

Last month one of these things came up behind me in my bimmer on I90, and I was like, "what the hell?". I guess the days of little puny girl-like wheels and tires are over for mustangs... and the silly fronts, and just the overall cheap appearance inside and out.

I started reading up on it and was very surprised. So I ordered one.. I didn't even test drive a 2011... I tried a 2010 and it felt ok. I hope it doesn't break down or anything. I'm giving the locals a chance here guys... I hope I made the right decision.

41 and my first Mustang! Apprehensive? Yes... Exited for a V8 that I can beat the hell out of at the track like my bimmer??? I hope so!

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
GT Member

I'm pretty sure your Mustang will be as reliablie and likely more so, than your BMW. I have several friends with BMWs and I'm NOT impressed with any of them. And, they are always going back to the dealer for work.
Rookie

This will be my first Mustang. I'm 48, maybe it's a midlife crisis car, not sure. As much as I love my 4Runner, I just want to drive something fun again. Had an '87 Olds 442 for a few years until probs with the carb and some rusting issues that lead to huge problems with the dealership. Should have my new 'stang convertible next month.

2011 GT convertible - Roush Sport
Kona Blue, manual transmission, 401A Charcoal with Grabber Blue Stripes, 64M Wheels, HID headlamps, Nav, Roush axle back exhaust
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Fell in love with mustangs ever since my Dad drove home a 99 V6 (oddly, the 99-04 new edge stangs are among the least favorate as far as body style goes for me).

Looked at getting a 94-98 V6 when I had a POS 94 Taurus (my first car), but felt the Taurus was just as fast so ended up not getting one.

Then on the 4th of July, 2009, at 23 years old, I got the car I have now, my first mustang. I wasn't even planning on buying a car that day. In fact I started the day thinking to myself that I shouldn't spend too much on fireworks that day.

I had an 07 Focus at the time. I was driving to a friends house when he called me to hold off for an hour or two before arriving. Happened to be by the dealership at the time when I saw this beautiful black 07 V6 pony package with stripes. So figured what the heck, got some time to kill, I'll drool over some stangs.

Looked at the price, did some math, thought to myself "Crap... I think I can afford this..."

Drove to my friends house in my first stang. One of the reasons I've given the name "Delilah" is because the car seduced me into buying it.

2007 Mustang V6 "Delilah"

Mods: Pypes axle-back, JLT CAI, AM 91 Race tune, 3.73 gears + T-lock
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

This will be my first Mustang and I'm 56 yrs. old. I first fell in love with a '65 Mustang when I saw it sitting on the car lot as a teenager. All I remember is that is was blue and had a 3 spd.on the floor, but I've dreamed of owning one ever since.

My birthday is the second week of July and my '11 should be arriving in the next week or two (cross my fingers!). Great b-day present! I'm finally going to drive my dream car!

2011 V6 Premium, Ingot Silver/Saddle, Auto, Pony Package, Security Package, HID, Comfort Package, Rear Video Cam, V6 Accessory Package
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyPAW View Post
This will be my first Mustang. I'm 48, maybe it's a midlife crisis car, not sure. As much as I love my 4Runner, I just want to drive something fun again. Should have my new 'stang convertible next month.
Pony, if this is a "midlife crisis", and I'll be 60 in Nov, then I'm gonna have a ball! Ride like the wind!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice
S197 Member

Hey not-so-old Shadow, I'll see you and raise you seven years! My first Mustang, my first Detroit car in 15 years, and my first Ford since the 1970s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Shadow View Post
Pony, if this is a "midlife crisis", and I'll be 60 in Nov, then I'm gonna have a ball! Ride like the wind!

2011 Mustang V-6 Premium Convertible, 5-11-2010. Paid $800 on 09-19-14 to replace hood with paint bubbles, traded car for a Chrysler later same day
PONY Member

Garage
I'm 24 and this will be my first mustang, second car.

To be honest, I never liked any of the previous gen. Mustang body styles. Our family for the longest time were GM exclusive buyers, but our last 2 vehicle purchases have been Ford because imo GM has fallen off the wagon and aren't making vehicles that people actually like and want to drive. They all look the bloody same. As soon as I saw the 2010+ mustangs I fell in love with them.

I choose the mustang over the other pony cars because of the performance, the reviews, the history and the looks. The camaro looks good from the outside but butt ugly interior. Challenger looks amazing, better then the mustang imo but its slow as **** and just not a fun drive. Hence how I arrived at the mustang.

I ALMOST bought a used 2010 but thankfully I read an article about the engines in the new 2011s so I had to wait. Picking up my new 2011 v6 tomorrow or tues

2011 V6 Mustang
6 Speed Manual - 3.31 Gears
Kona Blue, Pony Package
PONY Member
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmateer View Post
Hey not-so-old Shadow, I'll see you and raise you seven years! My first Mustang, my first Detroit car in 15 years, and my first Ford since the 1970s.
Can I play TOO! I'll be the young'un at 54. Never owned a Ford! Hope I can get it from the wife to drive it once in a while.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Giz and Pal, at least we're all on the East Coast! Maybe us youngsters can meet at a Mustang Rally one day!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Apprentice

My wife and I are Mustang virgins. Ive never really liked mustangs, especially 94-04 When Ford changed the body style i started to take notice, but i was still against the mod motor, always been an LSX guy, still am.

Well this all started because we are taking a road trip out to CO from SC. We have a 92 integra that has been the absolute best DD to us, pushing 300k miles. But we just dont trust it going that far. Thought about driving our 99 F350 PSD but its just over 200k miles and very rough on the highway.

We decided on a used Acura RSX, we searched for 5 months, but only turned up flakes and people who felt their car was worth its weight in gold.

What about a brand new car? My wife had her eye on a new 5th gen camaro. I was intrigued by the new '11 mustang. We compared both of the v6 models and it was a clear victory, the Mustang.

We went down the next day after the test drive and ordered a 2011 Mustang v6 base, Performance white, Charcoal interior, 6spd manual, spoiler, tape stripe delete, 3.31 rear end. The car should be here July 17th.

Why the V6? We didnt feel the need for a v8 daily driver, and with 300hp, why? Plus the killer mileage it gets. I have a v8 toy/project 86 Monte Carlo SS LS swapped, and she has a toy/project 84 Camaro Z28 LS swapped.

This is our first brand new car. We are very excited to get behind the wheel of our new Mustang.

BTW we are 25 and 23

2011 Base V6, 3.31, MT, white w/black interior, spoiler, 05-09 GT wheels. (wifes car) 30k wrecked
1992 Acura Integra 285k miles (my car)
1999 Ford f350 heavy hauler 215k
1986 Monte Carlo SS (my project)
1984 Camaro Z28 (wifes project)
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

I've hung out around Mustangs since I was a teenager and all my friends had one. I've wanted one as long as I can remember. I finally got one myself just a month ago. I heard about the new V6 and was really impressed, it is a great car. Nice work Ford!

2011 V6, Pony Package, 3:31, Black on Black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page