Who is a "first time" Mustang owner, age, and why? - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Who is a "first time" Mustang owner, age, and why?

This will be my first Mustang. Almost 60 and I have owned Vettes, Cudas, Nissan Z cars, RX8s, etc, and ride a H-D Softail Deuce. Ford sold me on the 2011 Mustang because of the v6 - 305 hp/31 mpg, body styling, premium interior, and convertible looks. Very impressed with the car and can't wait to get it!
:itsallgood

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
GT Member

I've owned 7 Mustangs (not counting the '68 vert my parents owned). My first was a '89 5.0 LX and I currently own a '06 v-6 and '10 GT. I've also owned several Trans Ams and other sports cars. I just love Mustangs. I was about 22 when I bought my first.

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

I have wanted a Mustang since I was little but this will be my first Mustang purchase. The reason I waited until now is because of the lack luster performance. The V8 had fallen behind the times and the V6 has always been straight up pathetic.

In 2007 when I bought a new car I went with the Mazdaspeed3. My Speed3 was just as fast as my friends '05 Mustang GT and I got 30MPG on the highway. I never understood why Ford went with the 4.6 instead of designing a new 302. Maybe it was lack of intelligence on the part of Ford or lack of competition.

Finally, Ford has put together a true enthusiasts car. I am disappointed that it took so long and excited because it is finally here! Mine is supposedly being built this week should/might/hopefully be delivered the first couple weeks of July.

I am turning 30 in less than 6 months and I am very thankful that I am able to get one while I am still young enough to enjoy it. It's a matter of perspective, I know.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
if you concider all the Mustangs I've co-owned with my wife, I'm now up to 4. The 2 2011 GTs i've ordered are the first V8s I've ever owned.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
I've owned 7 Mustangs (not counting the '68 vert my parents owned). My first was a '89 5.0 LX and I currently own a '06 v-6 and '10 GT. I've also owned several Trans Ams and other sports cars. I just love Mustangs. I was about 22 when I bought my first.
SJ, if this is your 7th Mustang, why are you posting as a "first time" owner? LOL!

Larry - SGM (Ret) US Army

2011 Mustang V6 Premium Convertible
Kona Blue, Stone Leather, Stone Top
6 Speed Auto, 2.73, Comfort Pkg, etc
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Rookie

My first Mustang, and in fact my first Ford. I've owned Chevy Suburbans,
Tahoes, Camero, Buick, Olds, Mercedes, BMW, Toyotas, etc...., but when I went looking at cars this time, I really felt Ford had upped the ante with quality and performance with the Mustang. Plus I wanted to buy American. I took delivery a couple of weeks ago, and am really happy with my decision. Really, quite a remarkable auto! Oh, and I am north of 60 (closer to 70)

2011 GT Premium Manual Trans
- Performance White with Stone Leather interior
- Electronics Package, 3.73 rear end, HID, Security, 19" wheels, Backup Cam
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Rookie

First Ford ever. Wanted a fun second car and decided on American car only. Mustang only way to go!

2011 Race Red GT Premium, 6spd MT with Brembo package and painted black Lemans stripes
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member
V6 Member

Well, our first mustang and our first Ford also. We are both in our mid 50’s and have been married for 35 years. Personally, the mustang has never appealed to me but my wife learned to drive on a 1966, 289 mustang and over the years my wife has said numerous times in passing, she would like a mustang. We saw the new commercial on TV and my wife said it again, end of story. I guess the beauty of the whole deal is, it did not really matter if we got one or not. Finally the dealer made us an offer we could not refuse. With all that being said we are now both pretty psyched right now and hopefully in three weeks we’ll have it. We went with the V6 premium as neither of us wanted a V8 and all the performance stuff that in our minds was a waste of money for us.

2011 V6 Mustang - Premium
Sterling Gray Metallic, Charcoal Black
Automatic, 2.73 Rear
Comfort Package, Camera
AM/BAMA 93R Tune, K&N Drop-In, Roush Axle Back
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice
Classic Member

my parents bought a 67 mustang springtime yellow before i was even a thought and it's been sitting in our garage for over 20 years i believe. now it has no engine, transmission, interior or any of that stuff and after my dad bought another one recently he gave me the shell to rebuild myself.
Although it is nothing but a bunch of sheet metal and some glass I absolutely love it and i'm actually about to have it back on the road.
I'm 18 years old and that is my first mustang!
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

This is my first Mustang vert purchased in 2005. It was my 40th bday present to myself. I chose this model because it was a retro look to the late sixties models which were always my favorites growing up.

"Old Skool Bod with New Skool Mods"
Who said you "can't make BIG power in a Returnless System?"

ZERO to S I X T Y in NO TIME.......
Apprentice

this is my first car period! i got her a month after my 16th birthday. having a mustang puts us in a different league than everyone else. people might get trans ams and firebirds and camaros mixed up, but even they can distinguish a mustang when they see one. they're unmistakable.
PONY Member

25 years old. and this is my first mustang. I have always wanted one since i was a child and i now am in a spot to be able to afford it. And since this is the year the 5.0 came back, its the year to buy. Like chevy bringing back the camero.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh

Last edited by dude304; 06-18-2010 at 12:57 PM. Reason: retarded
PONY Member

This will be my first mustang, although the '66 mustang coupe that I will inherit from my grandfather is technically my first, but not in my possession at the time.

Fell in love with the mustangs when my mom bought a brand new 1995 5.0 in the rare sapphire blue, and I even learned how to drive stick in it.

Then fell in love with the classics at 14 when my grandfather was looking into restoring one, which is the one I'll inherit. I like the classic camaro's, but they aren't as great as a mustang nor have they lasted as long.

Now, I'm almost 26 and can't wait for this 5.0 to come in.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
PONY Member

I've wanted a Mustang since I was a teen but got a conservative car instead. I'm 29 now and have waited patiently for the right time to buy a new car. Wanted to buy a home, establish my family, all that stuff before I splurged on myself.

Last year I just about bought a 2010. Luckily it fell through (was getting a car out of state traded to my dealer and it ended up having things on it I didn't want). When I heard the 5.0 was coming out I was pumped and said, maybe next year. Well that time is now. I'm coming from an automatic honda civic I've had for 13 years. Great little car but now I want my 'Stang.

Oh, I've got a 3.73, manual 5.0 on the way. Talk about a change comin! I'm so excited!

DELIVERED: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium, Kona Blue, Black Leather Interior, HIDs, 3.73, Security, 19 inch Painted Aluminum Rims - Roush: Front Valance, Front/Side Splitters

Washington State 5.0 Owner's Thread:

allfordmustangs.com/forums/west-coast/240489-official-washington-state-5-0-owners-thread.html
Apprentice

I'm 46, never got a mustang, and never even considered getting one. My current car is getting old and it was time to buy a new one. I wanted a convertible (I live in souther california) so I looked at different brands, until I saw a picture of the mustang. Heart stop, breathe. This is the one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page