Ford Customer Service - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I have never had to call UPS or FedEx and can always track the exact location of my package 24/7. Ford needs to step it up.

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcrafty View Post
No, the salesperson is not there to call you every five minutes to tell you that your car has not arrived yet and he doesn't know why.
You can track a $1 toothbrush sent from Ohio to California. Why can't you track a $40K car? The internet tracking has upped the customer expectations, and I'm sorry that the dealer has to give me updates, I'd rather figure this out online, but until then, they will have to help me. And yes, I'm upset if my toothbrush isn't shipped in time, and yes I call customer service if there is no tracking info for the toothbrush.

That said, asking for status every day is a bit over the top. A weekly or bi-weekly status for an estimated 8 weeks order to delivery seems fine to me.

Apprentice

Quote:
No, the salesperson is not there to call you every five minutes to tell you that your car has not arrived yet and he doesn't know why. His job is to sell cars, make money for the dealership, and get paid so he can put food on the table for his family. While your Mustang may be the most important inanimate object in the world to you, there's a whole lot filled with more metal to move. Your car will arrive when Ford decides that it's complete and ready to ship. I think in America we think that we're entitled to put a bug up someone's ass every time we throw down someone else's money on a big boy toy.

I swear the 2011 section is getting whiny like Camaro5 was a year ago. "I want my car and I'm going to light a small fire on Bill Ford's lawn every night until I get it!"
It's not about the car. I really don't need the car. I just want to be treated like they give a ****.

I worked at an auto parts store for a part-time job. First thing they told us....we don't sell auto parts. People can get auto parts anywhere. We sell service.

Cars are the same.

And I don't need to be called every five minutes. Hell, I haven't been called every five WEEKS.
And they only call when I force them to, and then they lie or blow smoke up my ass.

Apprentice

Has anyone confirmed they bug the dealer whenever we call CS?
GT Member

I agree that it is all about service. The auto industry has none, and I don't think ever will. They don't care, because people keep buying cars. Have you been to Wal-Mart lately? Same thing going on there.
Rookie
S197 Member

This is honestly why I didn't bother to order my car. I'm much more patient waiting on the dealer stock to get what I want than rather anxiously waiting for it knowing it's going to be built and ship and waiting months. I know most will order because dealers wont order manual coupes with the brembo package and 3.73, but some do. If you have your ETA of delivery and you're bugging CS BEFORE that date, then you need to be more patient. You really only need to call them once a week AFTER that date.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerstars View Post
Has anyone confirmed they bug the dealer whenever we call CS?
Confirmed. My dealer calls me right after I call CS and everytime CS calls me.

2010 Mustang Shelby GT500 SVT and everything

2011 Mustang GT Premium. Order canceled
Apprentice

Quote:
No, the salesperson is not there to call you every five minutes to tell you that your car has not arrived yet and he doesn't know why. His job is to sell cars, make money for the dealership, and get paid so he can put food on the table for his family. While your Mustang may be the most important inanimate object in the world to you, there's a whole lot filled with more metal to move. Your car will arrive when Ford decides that it's complete and ready to ship. I think in America we think that we're entitled to put a bug up someone's ass every time we throw down someone else's money on a big boy toy.

I swear the 2011 section is getting whiny like Camaro5 was a year ago. "I want my car and I'm going to light a small fire on Bill Ford's lawn every night until I get it!"
As others have written, it's about customer service. This is the problem with BUSINESS in America. As GTCrafty points out, it's about sales, not about customers. Unfortunately that backfires. Understanding that businesses choose to disregard customers and customer service, people take their business to the nameless, faceless Internet. When you can order something from Hong Kong for 1/4 of what it costs here and skip all the BS, it's worth doing it. No, you're not likely to get ANY customer service but you're probably not expecting any either. A perfect business relationship is where both sides meet expectations.

For now, the auto industry has us largely as a captive audience. But that will change, my friends. That will change. Just as milkmen and door-to-door sales went away... so too will the notion of the car dealer middle man.

Hey Crafty, any chance you work for Ford? I hear this A LOT from Ford employees.
Rookie
S197 Member

corvettdreaming

I hate to take issue with your last post but i think you are wrong.

As long as people have to trade in a vehicle to buy a new one, you need that middleman. That is most people.

Copper Man
Rookie

I personally would want a new car experience like when I used to buy a computer online (build them myself now). Go to a website and pick the options that I want, each with a stated price. Buy or finance and then track delivery. In this case a delivery to a dealer. Give all internet orders a small discount over buying at the dealer to pay the sales staff. Haggle over used car prices but not new.

If a company can't set the right market price for a new car that's there problem. I can't see what a negotiated sales price of a new car brings to the equation.

Current ride: 2005 Torch Red GT Premium Vert
On Order: 2011 Red Candy GT/CS Vert
Ordered 2/8
Build date 4/22
ETA 5/14

Awaiting Shipment Returned from Offsite - Ual13 (Autoport Limited ) Autoalliance International Inc, MI May-24-2010, 18:26 ET
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper man View Post
corvettdreaming

I hate to take issue with your last post but i think you are wrong.

As long as people have to trade in a vehicle to buy a new one, you need that middleman. That is most people.

Copper Man
No offense taken, Copper.

I agree that there's a market for selling used cars -- which means you have to buy them or take them in trade. But I do think the new car sales model will change.
PONY Member

Quote:

Hey Guys, I think we might of made a a Ford Salesman mad!! I really feel bad now, ...... NOT!!! Hopefully if he is a dealer maybe he will tell one of his managers about the mustang guys crying for their mustangs as he says, and maybe that might light some fire underneath their @$# to go ahead and tell Ford hey these guys are getting upset about their cars, we need to get our shipment ASAP! But Highly doubt it! Their all Crooks, basically! Ive only run into one dealer I have ever cared for and he was a Mercedes Salesman, I don't think those types of people work at Ford, Dodge, GM we usually get some fat chain smoker as stated above or some whinny kid that just graduated High School, Oh yea and then theres the guy who is over 70 and is just pissed off at the world because he cannot retire, so he makes everyone else's life miserable, in trying to rip off us guys who are plunking down the coin, so he does not have to work for the next week. Sorry guys, if that was harsh but you can get the point that my car buying experiences have been in the gutter, I hate car shopping I really do, I wish they would cut the bullishh and just give us a fair deal! I wish car shopping was like going to the store and buying a loaf of bread, and everyone pays that discounted price, where the dealer makes some money and the customer walks away happy and not feeling like he did not get ripped to shreds on the deal! ......... Oh YEA I found my Prozac just now here it is! Sorry guys for the ranting lol!

Last edited by Blubyu; 06-21-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: forgot to add information
PONY Member

Angry

This will be the last car I order. The way Ford handled it took all the excitement out of the new model. Now, I'm disgusted

1970 302 Grabber blue- First Mustang
2010 Mustang V6 Pony - Wifes ride
2011 GT Premium-3.73-manual-accessory pack 4-Candy Red, Roush axle back Exhaust.
First GT track night 13.38 @ 105, 60ft 2.047
GT Member

centurion,

Wouldn't that be great, I agree. With new cars, they should be correctly prices where there is no haggling. Just like going to Best Buy to get a TV. However, this has been tried and it did NOT work. Why, the American public WANTS to haggle. True enthusiasts like most on this board would rather go get the car they want and pay a fair price that is listed. But, there are those that must haggle. I actually did some studies on the topic. If you remember, many dealers tried this after CarMax and Autonation started doing this with used cars. It didn't work because of demand. What people don't get is the CarMax model. Yes, you can likely get a lower price through a dealer. However, did the dealer really give the used car that 180 point check up and will they really stand behind the sale? No, not typically. It really is too bad it isn't this way.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-24-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
Update

Ok since we've had our cars on order, we've had a consistent eta of 6/5. Now I've had CS speculate that it was supposed to be 6/28. Now my wife calls CS explains that our dealer is getting the same info they are and that our dates aren't changing. They finally take the hint something is wrong here and that they better fix it. Now were told they'll have more information for us by Monday. What a load of crap. No wonder my salesman can't tell me anything different, he's fed the same crap we are. I'm beginning to think we are two of the 18 cars they really screwed up on.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page