Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
Ford Customer Service

Wow I didn't know this, but every time you call the Ford Customer Service Line, they call the dealership back and tell them. So every week when I've called to get the status on my order, the dealership has gotten a call back on it. So finally after several calls, the dealership GSM called me to tell me he's getting a call back every time. So be warned that everytime you call in to Ford CS, they call back to the dealership and let them know.......

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Rookie
S197 Member

Good.

Maybe they'll take the hint.

As it was my salesman knew nothing about the car at all.

By the time I left he was the local expert on the 2011 GT.

post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member

O well! we spent alota money on these cars! so they can get over it!

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Good!!! I could sure care less if the lazy, chain-smoking salesguys at my dealership knows I'm trying to do THEIR job.

Here's their version of a 'tracking' system.......I asked "How will I know when my car's coming?" Salesguy says, "We can see right across the street where they unload them, as SOON as it gets here, we'll give you a call."

He was very sincere.

I printed my window sticker and took it in to show my salesguy. He was amazed. He took it to show the sales manager, and the sales manager says, "Why did you take that off the car?"

What a bunch of nimrods.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member

HAHAH my dealer said the same thing when i brought my windows sticker in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstart View Post
Good!!! I could sure care less if the lazy, chain-smoking salesguys at my dealership knows I'm trying to do THEIR job.

Here's their version of a 'tracking' system.......I asked "How will I know when my car's coming?" Salesguy says, "We can see right across the street where they unload them, as SOON as it gets here, we'll give you a call."

He was very sincere.

I printed my window sticker and took it in to show my salesguy. He was amazed. He took it to show the sales manager, and the sales manager says, "Why did you take that off the car?"

What a bunch of nimrods.

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member

Maybe that's why I've only received one call from my salesperson since I ordered the call because he knows I'm calling CS every week. I shouldn't have to call CS the salesperson should be calling me and updating me all the time. Kinda ticked at the dealership for not keeping me informed because when I ordered it I told the guy that I want to be informed every step of the way.

'66 Coupe 200 cu in | Candy Apple Red | Black Interior | Rally lights | A/C

'12 VW GTI 4 dr | DSG | Neuspeed P-flo intake | pushing 225 whp

SOLD '11 GT Prem Kona Blue | Saddle | Sec Pkg | Brembos | had many mods
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
PONY Member

It is amazing the salespeople have so much time on their hands. If they were checking on the status of customer builds, they wouldn't be chain smokers! They wouldn't have the time.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Hey..I called eevry day for at least 3 weeks prior to my car coming...only Jonnyb really knew what was happening.. It's a great car and I own a Boxster too and it it as much fun..

2011 GT Convertible, Race Red, Auto, Loaded
My "other Ford"
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstart View Post

He was very sincere.

What a bunch of nimrods.
This is priceless!

This Internet thing just might catch on. . .
Apprentice

Well, with all this talk of people getting their cars and being shipped I finally broke down and called CS after no quick reply from an earlier e-mail to my dealer. And guess what, waiting to be shipped, no ETA. I got the song and dance about the extra QC and that they were being prioritized by order date.

Seems like I should be getting near the top by now!

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Send a message via MSN to fox_granit
well I look at it this way. The sales manager is trying to do his job, and the car salesman called me and wished me happy birthday two weeks ago, so its no fault of theirs. I place this issue squarely in the hands of Ford. The salesmen have their channels they are supposed to use and we can't squeeze blood out of a stone, so we can't get information from a salesman that can't get anything from Ford, so of course they are going to sit and chain smoke. they are as stressed out on making a days money as we are, or more so.

2x 2011 GT Premiums, 401a, #4 package, tint and stripes

Yeah owning two 5.0s is awesome, but you want to know what's better?
Having a wife who knows how to drive them!
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox_granit View Post
well I look at it this way. The sales manager is trying to do his job, and the car salesman called me and wished me happy birthday two weeks ago, so its no fault of theirs. I place this issue squarely in the hands of Ford. The salesmen have their channels they are supposed to use and we can't squeeze blood out of a stone, so we can't get information from a salesman that can't get anything from Ford, so of course they are going to sit and chain smoke. they are as stressed out on making a days money as we are, or more so.
No. Mine is a sniveling liar who is scared to death of the sales manager, I have no sympathy for him.
Apprentice

the two sales people I dealt with were absolutely awesome. then they had a question for the general sales manager. All I can say is that this dude acted and sounded like a total ass. Being a chain smoker ass seems a requirement to be a general sales manager.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FST HRSY View Post
Maybe that's why I've only received one call from my salesperson since I ordered the call because he knows I'm calling CS every week. I shouldn't have to call CS the salesperson should be calling me and updating me all the time. Kinda ticked at the dealership for not keeping me informed because when I ordered it I told the guy that I want to be informed every step of the way.
No, the salesperson is not there to call you every five minutes to tell you that your car has not arrived yet and he doesn't know why. His job is to sell cars, make money for the dealership, and get paid so he can put food on the table for his family. While your Mustang may be the most important inanimate object in the world to you, there's a whole lot filled with more metal to move. Your car will arrive when Ford decides that it's complete and ready to ship. I think in America we think that we're entitled to put a bug up someone's ass every time we throw down someone else's money on a big boy toy.

I swear the 2011 section is getting whiny like Camaro5 was a year ago. "I want my car and I'm going to light a small fire on Bill Ford's lawn every night until I get it!"

2006 Legend Lime GT 5M Premium Convertible. All Motor!
Rookie

I hope they are getting told every time we call. I also hope they are give a report on what was said and asked. I called 3 times this week and will be calling again on Monday and do not plan on getting off the phone until I get a good answer as to when my car is shipping.

Black 2011 GT M6 Options: Rapid Spec. 401A, Electronics Package, Security Package, 3.73, Comfort Package, Brembo Brakes, Rear Video.

60' 2.083
1/8 8.503
MPH 85.43
1/4 13.071
MPH 108.77
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page