Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   Interesting Hold Observation (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/242010-interesting-hold-observation.html)

SJPONY 06-18-2010 09:22 PM

Interesting Hold Observation

I've been trying to test drive a manual 2011 5.0 GT for a possible order later this summer. I've driven the auto, as there are several of them out there in my area. I've looked at the fordvehicles.com inventories for several Ford dealers in my area and several state that the dealerships have manuals in stock, albeit not many per dealer. I've been to all of them and NONE of them have any on the lot. Interestingly enough, many of the units shown in their invetories on Ford's website are "in transit" according to the dealers with a ETA of at least a week or two. In other words, I guess these units are tied up with those that you all ordered. There are V-6s galore out there, both manual and auto.

I still want know what in the heck is happening with the manual GTs. Is there really a serious issue with the trannys? We are past the time required to let incentives expire, etc. for financial purposes. There must be much more to this story than we know.

Ebony5.0 06-18-2010 09:51 PM

I'm from VA, where I ordered my 5.0 but I'm vacationing in Nashville, TN. I went by a Ford dealer in Nashville this week and they had five manual 5.0s on their lot. They also had one each Saleen stage 1, 2, and 3. The issue isn't the tranny.

SJPONY 06-19-2010 08:32 AM

That is good to hear. Maybe some will actually make it this way to Texas.