Mods and Hood Stripes - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Anything would look good on the new mustangs!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

I'd go with the stripes.bmp (half hood) for a convertible as stripes4.bmp is the best option for a coupe, but it looks cut off when the roof is up.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010
Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to ptc559
Mods and Hood Stripes

The wait is killing me...
So the other day I called Ford CS to see were my car was, they told me, and I almost got sick because, they told me it was on the black hole known as Ramp 51. I thought forget it, 3 or 4 weeks...

Well today I called again and they said it is in Transit... I guess area 51 is not so bad, just a holding spot before delivery.
If all goes well I may have it by next weekend...

Since I ordered the car I have been buying the Billet interior parts.
I have most if not all the polished billet aluminum to replace all the black plastic pieces. Maybe its just me but I love the way it looks.
I got them from UPR and CJ Pony parts.

Now I am thinking of Hood Stripes I am old school and like stripes.
My big decision is what stripe to add to the Hood.
The new Ford stripe that runs on the hood is nice but I also like
duel ones... cant decide.
What do you guys like?
Take a look at some pics I added
2 great links for stripes are:
Bob White Decals-Ford licensed Mustang decals, Mustang bumper inserts, and Mustang racing stripes
* Graphic Express - 2010 2011 Mustang Decal and 2010 Mustang Stripe Kits, Graphics, Automotive Decal, Ford Licensed.

Thanks Guys !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford Factory Stripe.jpg
Views:	12246
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	102071  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp stripes.bmp (533.3 KB, 1508 views)
File Type: bmp stripes3.bmp (467.4 KB, 2036 views)
File Type: bmp stripes4.bmp (287.7 KB, 421 views)
File Type: bmp stripes1.bmp (572.8 KB, 479 views)

2012 V6 Kona Blue, 3.31, Auto, Pony Package, Comfort Package, backup sensor

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
GT500 suspension, GT/CS Spoiler, window louvers, Tune

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-18-2010 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Anything would look good on the new mustangs!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
Apprentice

Thanks Prop...
I like that option as well

Mods: Tint, C&L CAI, FRPP Sport Axel-back, Billet Chrome interior accents, side scoops
Mods Coming Soon:
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
The dual hood bulge stripes are what I'm going with. White car with the darker blue stripes. My mods will be that, tint, lowered and maybe the Shelby rear spoiler. Not sure about the spoiler...

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
Apprentice

F91
I like that one also but what do you do on the trunk? If anything

Mods Coming Soon:
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-19-2010
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
I'm going to leave any stripes off of the trunk. Probably go with the black trim panel that goes on the back though.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010
Apprentice

i'm partial to the factory "over the top" style stripes myself, they look great imo, you just wouldn't have the section on top sice yours is a vert.
Apprentice

I was thinking about doing over the top dual racing stripes, but think that you'll find yourself next to plenty of people with that already done. I just put the hood spears on my car, I haven't personally seen them on any Mustang I've run across, and think they look pretty slick.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/...d0b37393_b.jpg

Got them from MoProAuto and let me tell you, the quality of MoProAuto's decals are top notch 3M material. They shipped them to me in all kinds of packing material, great!!!!

http://www.moproauto.net/servlet/the...ng-Hood/Detail
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette View Post
I was thinking about doing over the top dual racing stripes, but think that you'll find yourself next to plenty of people with that already done. I just put the hood spears on my car, I haven't personally seen them on any Mustang I've run across, and think they look pretty slick.

Got them from MoProAuto and let me tell you, the quality of MoProAuto's decals are top notch 3M material. They shipped them to me in all kinds of packing material, great!!!!

MoProAuto - Professional Vinyl Graphics, Decals, Spoilers, Truck Bed Covers and More! Ready to Install Automotive Accessories!

Those Dominator stripes look really good on some cars

2005 GT Premium - Mineral Grey 5-speed MT
Vortech Supercharged - Steeda Billet LCAs, Steeda UCA, UPR adj. Panhard bar, FRPP K-member brace, GT500 Strut Tower Brace, Walbro 255lph Dual pump, FRPP 39# injectors, AIS Water/Meth Injection, Ported Throttle Body. 440rwhp / 406rwtq
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanjarrette View Post

MoProAuto - Professional Vinyl Graphics, Decals, Spoilers, Truck Bed Covers and More! Ready to Install Automotive Accessories!
Those stripes are looking good. Pair those with a black billet grille and maybe some black rims and you've got one evil looking 'stang.

I love the look on the gray 'stangs. I wanted to get Kona, wonder if it will work just as well or if it would be too dark?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in