if your considering canceling your order.. DONT! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010 Thread Starter
PONY Member

if your considering canceling your order.. DONT!

I just want to express to all those who are waiting for your 2011 mustang GT. I waited over 3 months and did consider canceling my order. Well i got my GT thursday and wow! All i can say is ford did an amazing job on this car and I will always buy a ford (well i will always anyways since my father works for ford)
But the power that car produces over the previous models is very impressive. Even the interior is changed around. The dash is small, which i love because previous mustang, the dashes were just way to big and plain. This new dash is almost like the dash in the new taurus.

I have gotten so many compliments about this car. even from 2010 mustang GT owners saying "damn i should of waited a year for this one"

Also. Ford has changed around there quality program. Before if it was a minor defect, they would usually just send the part to the dealer and have the dealer fix it before you took ownership of it. Well now ford does not do that. My dads exact words to me after his plant changed the quality program "Ford does not release junk like those foreign companies" And knowing this, i am proud to be buying American products.

So if your considering canceling Don't. Because this car is soooo worth the wait.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1222edit.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	102253  

2011 Mustang GT Premium - Race Red w/ Black Stripe - Brembo Package - Shaker 1000
2003 F150 FX4 5.4L - 3in lift
Semper Paratus
"They say money doesn't buy happiness. That phrase should end with 'just kidding" -Daniel Tosh

Last edited by dude304; 06-21-2010 at 10:18 AM. Reason: im a tard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
SHELBY GT 500 Member

Thanks for posting this, especially about the quality improvement program. It makes sense now why there are holdups.

It reminds me when I bought my 06. Many could not get the 05's because of allocation issues. I was one of them and had to reorder.
So it took me about 6 months to get one.

Hang in there.

AFM Site Administrator
2006 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT Manual.
Alpine H/U with Infinity speakers.
Powerhouse CAI and Tune.
Previous Mustangs:
1978 2.8 L, 1979 5.0, 1982 5.0 "HO", 1986 5.0 GT

Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

I more than understand ford motor co quality improvement program. I am an hourly uaw worker at the engine plant in dearborn. The quality inspection that we do every our is so redundant that it seems ridiculous.

I have considered several times to cancel my order and just get one from the dealership. Its hard to deal with when u pre order so u can be the first one to have one or knowing that your summer will be over soon and u didn't even get a chance to enjoy the car before storage.

Sorry about the rant and thanks for the encouraging post

2011 Black Mustang GT CS 7/05/2010(Not original order)

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude304 View Post
I just want to express to all those who are waiting for your 2011 mustang GT. I waited over 3 months and did consider canceling my order. Well i got my GT thursday and wow! All i can say is ford did an amazing job on this car and I will always buy a ford (well i will always anyways since my father works for ford)
But the power that car produces over the previous models is very impressive. Even the interior is changed around. The dash is small, which i love because previous mustang, the dashes were just way to big and plain. This new dash is almost like the dash in the new taurus.

I have gotten so many compliments about this car. even from 2010 mustang GT owners saying "damn i should of waited a year for this one"

Also. Ford has changed around there quality program. Before if it was a minor defect, they would usually just send the part to the dealer and have the dealer fix it before you took ownership of it. Well now ford does not do that. My dads exact words to me after his plant changed the quality program "Ford does not release junk like those foreign companies" And knowing this, i am proud to be buying American products.

So if your considering canceling Don't. Because this car is soooo worth the wait.
Appreciate the insight but the post is just a bit biased, no?

Honda and Toyota (those foreign companies) don't sell millions of cars because they're junk. And Ford didn't lose market share for years because their cars were better.

I hope that this new quality program results in not just "the best Fords ever" but "the best automobiles ever." I was impressed with the '11 Mustang enough to buy a new one even though I swore I'd never buy a NEW Ford again. So maybe I'm a convert.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
MACH I Member
S197 Member

+1 It is worth the wait.... Hang in there!

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude304 View Post

I second what you are saying. I also waited over 3 months, and considered cancelling. I got my car a few days ago, and have managed to get 300 miles on it so far. I've gone over the car with a fine tooth comb, looking for any kind of problem or defect. So far it is checking out 100%. The car is absolutely amazing, the performance and build quality is right up there with comparable models from Europe and Japan.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
PONY Member

I got my car 6/16 and had to wait too, but am so happy! The car is perfect and I should know as I've been a QA Engineer for over 25 years.... I

2011 5.0 Mustang Premium Convertible Sterling Grey, 6 spd Manual, Comfort package, Hood Scoop and rear Pedestal Spoiler, GT500 mufflers, GT500 mud flaps, mini antenna, red caliper covers, Boss shift ball and boot, LED trunk lights, Locking GAS Fuel Plug CAP. Ordered 3/30/2010, build date 5/3/2010. delivered 6/16/2010 car still running in perfect condition.
. :kooky:
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
Apprentice

Well if they get the quality under control, maybe they can tackle communication and customer service next. S t i l l W a i t i n g ...

2011 GT Prem 401A Convertible - Sterling Grey, Red Interior, Manual, Elect/Comfort/HID/Sec
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin View Post
Appreciate the insight but the post is just a bit biased, no?

Honda and Toyota (those foreign companies) don't sell millions of cars because they're junk. And Ford didn't lose market share for years because their cars were better.

I hope that this new quality program results in not just "the best Fords ever" but "the best automobiles ever." I was impressed with the '11 Mustang enough to buy a new one even though I swore I'd never buy a NEW Ford again. So maybe I'm a convert.
Just for the record. the new JD Power quality rankings just came out. Ford (5th) beat Honda (6th) and Toyota(21st). The only cars better than Ford were Mercedes, Accura, Porche & Lexus, all big buck cars. Ford and Lincoln were the only American brands in the top 10.

an F-15 in a sky of Cessnas......!!!!!!!!
Rookie

I waited 16 Weeks and 3 Days to pick her up yesterday. All I have to say is I am very happy and the wait was well worth it. This is my first Mustang and first Convertible. Hang in there!

2011 Mustang GT, Auto, Convertible, Kona Blue, Comfort, HID, Security, Electronic. Ordered 2/26, Built 5/21, Came Home 6/21.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page